DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs workout once a week?

I really don't have the time to do abs at the gym after my workouts most of the times becouse I train right before school in the morning, so I had the idea of making up a whole workout for abs to do once a week.
    Does it work? or is it better for me to do my abs workout every day even if I do at home on the floor?

skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skinnyboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DeTe View Post
    I really don't have the time to do abs at the gym after my workouts most of the times becouse I train right before school in the morning, so I had the idea of making up a whole workout for abs to do once a week.
    Does it work? or is it better for me to do my abs workout every day even if I do at home on the floor?
    it's hard to say if that'll work or not; abs are tricky. what are your goals for abs? do you want them to look pretty; good definition and stuff... or do you just want them to be strong? because compound movements like squats, and deadlifts already work the abs pretty well. I know of a lot of bb who don't even do direct ab work, but have very strong abs. however, they might not look as defined as someone like ryan reynolds.

if you want defined abs you need to have low BF%... i think typically under 10% is good for ab visibility.

how many times a week you work them depends on you as an individual... what works for one guy might not work for you. but typically abs recover faster than let's say a large muscle like the pecs. I think 48 hours of rest recovery time is plenty for abs... for me personally. I know of some people who just hit their abs once a week and have great definition.

I would advise you to try once a week, with a good ab routine. See what kind of results you're getting with that. If it doesn't work out like you want it to... than try hitting your abs at home later on the floor, like you said.

DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeTe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, thanks for the advice... I think I'll go for the try out on that for sure...

In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym...
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

saiyanj1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saiyanj1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saiyanj1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saiyanj1n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    true that inflames. but i hit mine every night. they are a very dense muscle, kill'em.
    God damn I'm gay

EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have just started doing intense training about two months ago. Have a lot of lifting experience, but haven't trained like this ever. I still have a good amount of body fat so I don't target my abs much. Do you think it is worth making a point to get my abs in a couple of times a week while I am still trying to lose body fat? I already do squats, deadlifts, etc. once a week. I don't want to get the "pot-belly" abs later on.

Thx.
    Bench - 305 Squat - 365 Deadlift - 365

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold

StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StayinLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EKDatDKE View Post
    I have just started doing intense training about two months ago. Have a lot of lifting experience, but haven't trained like this ever. I still have a good amount of body fat so I don't target my abs much. Do you think it is worth making a point to get my abs in a couple of times a week while I am still trying to lose body fat? I already do squats, deadlifts, etc. once a week. I don't want to get the "pot-belly" abs later on.

Thx.
    Defiantly target abs at least couple times a week, your abs are still there but cant be seen due to your bodyfat%... working them will enhance how they will look when shredded.. You cant manipulate the shape of abs (genetics) but working them, enhancing the solid look; will pay off when you start losing bodyfat.
    I did it because I wanted to, because I had to.... But mostly, because YOU said I couldn't!

Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neddysmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Abs are like every other muscle and need to be worked, in saying this they do get a pretty good workout if your doing you compound lifts like deads, squats and chest, however, if you want to work them out a little more throw in some rope crunches and leg raises, this should sort them out.