Thread: High Carbs?

Project670A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High Carbs?

I've been trying to eat low carbs for a few weeks now and the results have been good. (Been losing fat and am happy with what I'm seeing in the mirror). But my body just won't cooperate. I'm used to eating quite a bit of rice and other high carbs. With my current diet, I keep getting dizzyspells and other weird symptoms unless I up my carbs. I've tried hard to somehow sustain this diet, but I don't my body will allow for it. Is it possible to loose fat on a med-high carb/med-high protein/very low fat diet? I hate to change a diet which is getting me the body I want. I'm not really sure on what to do now, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsDoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One time I tried complete low carb and actually felt so crappy that I actually threw up I was so sick to my stomach/dizzy. Why dont you try a plan that alters how many carbs you eat. I usually do low carb (20-30) on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. A medium carb day on Weds and a high carb on Saturday. Sunday i usually allow myself something that I am craving at one meal, but eat clean the rest of the day. So far this has made me feel awesome! Hope it works for you..

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Carbs don't make you fat, excess calories make you fat.
    The reason cutting carbs helps with fat loss is that you're cutting out calories across the board. You don't want to limit carbs to the point of not having energy or your training suffers then you'll get nowhere and be miserable getting there.

tw
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnny-Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah ive been doing keto(low to no carbs and high fat med protein) for a month and ive lost up to 8 pounds of fat and i look leaner but i also play football for my high school and after doing a week long camp my performance has gotten a lil worse so im going back to a 40/40/20 diet but stilll try to cut but im doing a preseason soon so ill lose weight no matter what but yeah just change ur diet if u dont feel productive with it even if u see results and if an other diet doesnt work try ur diet again.
    "The harder you work the harder it is to surrender"

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm on Keto too and I get a few frequent dizzy spells but it doesn't affect my performance at all. If anything, my motor is always running.

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lost 121 pounds without trying keto. So...yes, of course there are other ways to lose weight.

You just have to find what works for you and what you will follow.
    If I can do it, anyone can!

Click here to see my visit to the Today Show! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25708021/

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keto is just so good for breaking the monotony of a 40/40/20 diet...I really enjoy eating all that meat.

Yeah I'm just feeling too crappy to really do anything with low carbs. Today I returned to my normal diet (40/40/20) and immediately I went from feeling so crappy and dizzy that my hands were shaking to feeling completely normal and energetic. For now, I'll just keep it fairly simple and make sure I'm at a 600-700 cal deficit.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Project670A View Post
    Yeah I'm just feeling too crappy to really do anything with low carbs. Today I returned to my normal diet (40/40/20) and immediately I went from feeling so crappy and dizzy that my hands were shaking to feeling completely normal and energetic. For now, I'll just keep it fairly simple and make sure I'm at a 600-700 cal deficit.

Wow, what a concept! (compliment intended)

tw
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Low carb diets aren't for everyone. My wife lost 50 lbs on Atkins but she has a tough time staying consistent on it (she's also a vegetarian so her options are limited). I tried Atkins myself and the amount of weight I dropped was astonishingly quick (about 10 lbs in about three weeks). Problem for me on Atkin's was the total lack of energy. In fact I had a dangerous situation where I was bench pressing one day and just ran out of energy mid set, it was like 1...2...3...4....NOTHING. The bar fell on my chest (probably about 245 lbs. worth) and luckily someone was nearby to help. I never had a gym situation where I went from full energy to absolutely no energy that quickly. It was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had lifting weights. I dropped the diet that day.

This summer I am watching my carbs but I would say they are low but not really low. I'm losing weight (just turned 43) but it's coming off very slowly. I've lost weight most noticably in the stomach, chest, and face. I think in the long run that is the best for your body, monitor the carbs but don't under/over eat them, do aerobic and anaerobic activity, and the weight WILL come off.

Ok, actually I don't think any of this actually happened because of the low carb diet. Because I was on the diet for weeks and didn't have a problem until now. I think this is more of over training. I've really been pushing my body to its very limits in every exercise I've been doing, especially in running. And I guess I was an idiot to do HIIT 6 days a week for 30 mins each time (yes even on lifting days). Today when I went to run, my legs crapped out in like 2 mins and after i kept trying to push, I got some mild pain in my chest (left side, basically in my heart). I stopped immediately but I can still feel some of the pain like 10 hours later and feel pretty fatigued. I think I'm gonna take a 1-2 week break from working out.

UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Low carb diets are kind of old news. Just watch the kind of carbs you eat and when. Low GI carbs most of the day and earlier and high ONLY after your workout.

Remember fat is way higher on the caloric scale so monitor that and try to eat more small chain fatty acids (get burned easily) as opposed to long chain ones (which get stored as fat easily.)

A caloric deficit of 500 a day is pretty much standard to lose weight in a healthy manner.

Weight training at a moderate to high intensity with cardio or HIIT will speed up the progress.
    Chris Brown, CSCS