mm391 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm/Bicep Pain when pronating my forearm.

Forearm/Bicep Pain when pronating my forearm.

About 3 years ago I fractured my right forearm and had a plate and a few screws in to fix it in place. I went back to have the plate out but the consultant said that the bone growth in the arm would cause the procedure to be too disruptive and too risky and recommended leaving the plate in.
    Unfortunately at the time of the op they did warn me that because of the severity of the break I may not get back the full range of pronation I once had. This is the case as the bone has not united entirely perfectly. I have about 15-20% less range, even though it feels like my arm can go further, it physically can’t. I have been managing fine since the op with very few problems. Unfortunately I was trying to do some cleans the other day and as I caught the bar I felt a sharp pain in the anterior elbow area, just underneath the bicep tendon where it crosses the topside of the elbow. The pain has progressively got worse. It’s a really sharp pain that develops at the very end range of motion in the bicep area. It seems to be in the crease of the anterior side of the forearm/elbow just underneath the big bicep tendon. I get a really sharp pain at the end range when I try to rotate my forearm either way or try and do hammer curls, if I fix my arm with my palm facing up to do bicep curls the only tine it hurts is when my arm is coming up to compete flexion and the arm automatically supinates slightly. The pain comes on whether I try to move it or if someone tries to manipulate if for me even when totally relaxed. Originally I thought I might have strained the Brachialis muscle, but I think it may be a little low, plus it doesn’t seem to hurt when doing pulling exercises and fixing the forearm so no rotation occurs?

I have seen a therapist several ties and they have been less than helpful. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems or has any advice on possible exercises, stretches to help?

Any help would be hugely appreciate.

Thanks