s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to accomplish 100 pullups/chinups?

I can only perform 17 chinups and I want to be able to do more than 50 and work my way up to 100 with decent form.
    Where can I find a program that teaches you how to include this in your workout routine?

I am on the "westside for skinny bastards" program right now and I hope they do no conflict with each other.
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    100 pullups in one set?
    You crazy?

s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) s2farsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    100 pullups in one set?
    You crazy?
    I know of a russian trainer who trains young men the same way people train for the Olympics. He claims those who do the iron cross properly and such exercises (even himself) do 100 chinups consecutively. He wants too much money for training which is why I am here.
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbuildingcom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by s2farsi View Post
    I can only perform 17 chinups and I want to be able to do more than 50 and work my way up to 100 with decent form.
    Where can I find a program that teaches you how to include this in your workout routine?

I am on the "westside for skinny bastards" program right now and I hope they do no conflict with each other.

No, but 100 chin ups would be absolutely amazing to watch. To do 17 is very good. I can do about 25 in a row but I guess I am not "skinny".

Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tulkas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyway, the most simple method I can think of:
    -do a 100 pullups in as little time as possible, spread over as many sets you need
    -try to improve set length and shorten rest between sets

Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    uhhh...you accomplish more pullups by doing more pullups
    My own videos should go here.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The record at MCRD San Diego was only 92 when I was there in 1999. So...good luck.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    The record at MCRD San Diego was only 92 when I was there in 1999. So...good luck.
    It still is, was just there a couple months ago.

Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you know, its funny, when i began straingth training, i remember i could only do, i think, 2 pullups. i had a pullup bar in my doorway and everytime i walked through, i'd do 1 pullup. so it added up over the day. eventually i tried again and i could do 6.

its only a 4 rep jump, but to me that was one of the coolest things i first discovered, its amazing how the body just gets stronger and you surprise yourself with little things like that, things you never thought you could do.
    My own videos should go here.

Originally Posted by Panacea. View Post
    uhhh...you accomplish more pullups by doing more pullups
    I am gonna rep you for the amazing discovery you just made!!!11one

Regardless, I found something that might be of interest. Many different trainers suggest different schemes for adding to your pull-ups but one thing seems most logical. Pavel T. suggests never going to failure on each set otherwise you will not be able to perform a given amount of sets per day or week.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alright I guess I'll give a better answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recon_Ron_Pull-up_Program

This program flat out works. Just work it into your regular program and add/subtract volume from the rest of your workout as you see fit. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do the 5 sets the day after a tough upper body session but after you do it for a couple weeks you will find your biceps, delts, and lats recover much quicker then they ever used to.

Originally Posted by Khronos View Post

This program flat out works. Just work it into your regular program and add/subtract volume from the rest of your workout as you see fit. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do the 5 sets the day after a tough upper body session but after you do it for a couple weeks you will find your biceps, delts, and lats recover much quicker then they ever used to.
    Looks interesting. Do you have any experience with this personally?

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

So you basically follow that table every night except for Sundays? How long do you rest between each set? Could you do the same for Dips? The freaking gymnast on the Olympics have some huge arms, I guess it's from all the pull-ups/dips they have to perform in their training.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

Originally Posted by s2farsi View Post
    Looks interesting. Do you have any experience with this personally?
    Yes before bootcamp I followed it for about 8 weeks and progressed just as the table says you should. Got my pullups from a max of about 10 to 16 when I entered bootcamp. I liked the program so much I just started it back up now that I have access to weights and free time again.

Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    So you basically follow that table every night except for Sundays? How long do you rest between each set? Could you do the same for Dips? The freaking gymnast on the Olympics have some huge arms, I guess it's from all the pull-ups/dips they have to perform in their training.
    I personally rest anywhere between 1 to 2 minutes between each set. I tend to rest the full 2 when I'm going into a new week or on days where I'm sore from doing other upper body stuff (on top of the program) the day before. As I reach the end of the week I try to do them with as little rest as I can. One thing I would like to add is that you should probably do the pullups first in your workout no matter whether you are doing upper or lower body. If you do this at the end you probably won't get the highest rep set.

As for doing with this with dips too...I really don't know. I would think doing 10 sets a day of essentially compound movements could be a bit taxing and may be counterproductive for those trying to gain mass. But for those with more of an endurance mindset it might be interesting to try. I imagine if one were to try it they should probably start with the pullups first and get that going for a couple weeks so your body adjusts to the frequency before adding in dips. Then when the dips are added maybe just go with doing the dips every other day and increase the frequency to once a week as you see fit. It probably wouldn't be a big deal if that was *all* the training you do but Im assuming you have a split of some kind on top of this to consider.
    Last edited by Khronos; 08-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.

BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes before bootcamp I followed it for about 8 weeks and progressed just as the table says you should. Got my pullups from a max of about 10 to 16 when I entered bootcamp. I liked the program so much I just started it back up now that I have access to weights and free time again.

I personally rest anywhere between 1 to 2 minutes between each set. I tend to rest the full 2 when I'm going into a new week or on days where I'm sore from doing other upper body stuff (on top of the program) the day before. As I reach the end of the week I try to do them with as little rest as I can. One thing I would like to add is that you should probably do the pullups first in your workout no matter whether you are doing upper or lower body. If you do this at the end you probably won't get the highest rep set.

As for doing with this with dips too...I really don't know. I would think doing 10 sets a day of essentially compound movements could be a bit taxing and may be counterproductive for those trying to gain mass. But for those with more of an endurance mindset it might be interesting to try. I imagine if one were to try it they should probably start with the pullups first and get that going for a couple weeks so your body adjusts to the frequency before adding in dips. Then when the dips are added maybe just go with doing the dips every other day and increase the frequency to once a week as you see fit. It probably wouldn't be a big deal if that was *all* the training you do but Im assuming you have a split of some kind on top of this to consider.
    Thanks alot for the reply. Well I'm going for more mass, basically just bodybuilding type stuff. I follow a basic body-part split, so would doing this Pull-up program effect my Back growth or could it help it? I hit Back once per week with about 4 exercises and 3 sets of around 8-12 reps. I want to get my Back looking alot better, so I was wondering if this Pull-up program could help it. I would do the Pull-up program first thing in the morning and hit Back later on at night at the gym. I mean gymnast guys have crucial Backs and they do Pull-ups everyday hah.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    Thanks alot for the reply. Well I'm going for more mass, basically just bodybuilding type stuff. I follow a basic body-part split, so would doing this Pull-up program effect my Back growth or could it help it? I hit Back once per week with about 4 exercises and 3 sets of around 8-12 reps. I want to get my Back looking alot better, so I was wondering if this Pull-up program could help it. I would do the Pull-up program first thing in the morning and hit Back later on at night at the gym. I mean gymnast guys have crucial Backs and they do Pull-ups everyday hah.
    It would most definitely help your back development, for me it affects my biceps a lot since I do them palms facing inward. I never trained my biceps in the 8 weeks I did this program going into bootcamp but by biceps probably grew more in those 8 weeks then in my previous ~years of training. Frequency ftw.

It also of course helps with the delts and lats.
    Last edited by Khronos; 08-10-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Brb deadlift form fixin.. mrclemsonu's Avatar
    mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrclemsonu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    more or less impossible. 17 is pretty good.. my recommendation is to do pyramids for a couple of weeks and you will increase by a few reps. Be sure to build mass in your back and shoulders as well..triceps dont hurt either. But pyramids for sure will work well..

Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    100 is applause worthy!

I'd follow a piece of advice that was given at the top of the thread.
    do 100 over how ever long it takes, try sets of 5 or what not. Time yourself and cut down

100 would be an amazing accomplishment

JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSledge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Surely some of you guyz must have seen some of the bartendaz stuff on youtube, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWs94...eature=related

Originally Posted by JSledge View Post
    Surely some of you guyz must have seen some of the bartendaz stuff on youtube, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWs94...eature=related
    That was actually pretty cool!

I had no idea what the guy was saying but the content was nice.

It would most definitely help your back development, for me it affects my biceps a lot since I do them palms facing inward. I never trained my biceps in the 8 weeks I did this program going into bootcamp but by biceps probably grew more in those 8 weeks then in my previous ~years of training. Frequency ftw.

It also of course helps with the delts and lats.
    Thanks. I hope the frequency helps my Back development. I'm going to try it with the regular grip at first (palms facing away). Then if the results are good after completing it, I might try it for Dips or Chin-ups (palms facing you).