shookers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shookers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shookers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shookers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best Non-Dairy Protein

I've recently developed an allergy to Milk Protein (no, not lactose intolerance), and was wondering what the best alternative to Whey/Casein would be in terms of a protein supplement?

Choices I know of are Soy, Egg, Wheat, Rice & Vegetable.

Right now I'm leaning towards egg, but if anyone can offer up any advice/information on the others it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Constitutionist/Masculist Purge's Avatar
    Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Out of those choices, egg.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could give NitroFusion a go. Egg protein is good stuff too.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Depends on what your intended use is. Egg protein can either be from the whole egg or jsut from egg whites with the latter being preferable as it results in a higher protein yield and is lower in fat and cholesterol. I heard it's not a good choice for those with sulfur allergies though.

Most won't advise of soy protein due to phytoestrogen concerns. Wheat protein may also cause concerns for thsoe sensitive to gluten.

Rice protein had a weird aftertaste that was hard ot describe but nothing horrible like a hydrosylate. It mixes well and has a similar consistency to whey. Unfortunately it contains a fair bit of iron so I would avoid it.

There's a gemma pea protein that is also comparable to whey in profile. I found it to be quite a bit thicker, even moreso than casein so I didn't care much for it. It's probably the best alternative to whey given it's profile.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000) ZimZim is just really nice. (+1000)
    Egg is always a solid choice.
    Recently I bought a tub of Lipotropic Protein. This is made from peas. It is very easily digested and tastes pretty delicious too. I have just been taking it for about a week now so I cannot say anything about its effectiveness, but the profile of aminos in it are very high so Id imagine it as effective, if not more effective than whey.
    "Every journey of 1000 miles begins with one step"-- Chinese Proverb