DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post How can you get enough protein for bodybuilding through diet?

Everyone makes a huge deal about eggs and milk for protein, but they contain just a measly 6 and 8 grams of protein respectively. Ive read that you're supposed to take around two times your body weight in protein! (around 300-500 grams for most of us)

I just dont see how thats even remotely possible without taking large amounts of supplements.

Ive been looking for an actual rundown of the foods one should eat to get enough protein, but no luck...anyone care to show me what a protein rich diet would look like?

This is what I eat everyday, can anyone tell me around how much protein Im consuming?

--- Breakfast:
    7 grams of glutamine powder
    8 ounce orange juice
    large bowl fiberone cereal, mixed with 8 ounces evaporated milk

--- Post-gym lunch:
    7 grams of glutamine power
    full can of tuna
    2 eggs
    8 ounce glass of milk

--- 2nd lunch:
    whole wheat sandwich with 3 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese
    banana
    fiberone granola bar

--- Dinner:
    large bowl rice
    roasted chicken OR steak
    7 grams glutamine powder (before sleep)

Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by DADE_COUNTY; 08-08-2008 at 07:30 AM.

terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10) terrafunka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't need 2g/lb. 1g/lb or 1.5g/lb will do you just fine.

Try adding another complete (C+P+F) meal somewhere in there. If you don't want to do that, you could have a meal immediately before bed. You could also add some eggs to breakfast. You could also have a chicken breast sandwich instead of ham or just try to eat A LOT of ham. Then, you could also have a protein shake once a day (in milk, so as to help you get even more proteenz!)

Why are you not having any carbs PWO?
    "The truth is always exciting. Speak it, then. Life is dull without it."

thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As far as the protein from eggs and milk go, the reason they're so widely used is because they are 2 of the most complete proteins out there. Eggs are only second to whey protein - a protein derived from, you guessed it, milk. When I say "complete" protein I'm referring to how many types of amino acids there are in the foods.

For your daily protein intake it's hard to tell how much you are taking in without you posting serving sizes.

Hope that helps man.
    iRep Training Systems Sponsored Athlete
    Derek "Dr. DEATH" Fugate - Natural Bodybuilder / RAW Powerlifter
    Follow my Instagram @derekfugate
    http://instagram.com/derekfugate#

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DADE_COUNTY View Post
    Everyone makes a huge deal about eggs and milk for protein, but they contain just a measly 6 and 8 grams of protein respectively. Ive read that you're supposed to take around two times your body weight in protein! (around 300-500 grams for most of us)

I just dont see how thats even remotely possible without taking large amounts of supplements.

Ive been looking for an actual rundown of the foods one should eat to get enough protein, but no luck...anyone care to show me what a protein rich diet would look like?

This is what I eat everyday, can anyone tell me around how much protein Im consuming?

--- Breakfast:
    scoop of glutamine powder
    orange juice
    large bowl fiberone cereal, mixed with evaporated milk

--- Post-gym lunch:
    scoop of glutamine power
    full can of tuna
    2 eggs
    glass of milk

--- 2nd lunch:
    ham sandwich with slice of cheese
    banana
    fiberone granola bar

--- Dinner:
    large bowl rice
    roasted chicken OR steak
    scoop of glutamine powder (before sleep)

Steak, lots of it. evaporated milk does have a decent amount more than the regular stuff.
    Last edited by Bioteknik; 08-08-2008 at 07:34 AM.

DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DADE_COUNTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thefugate View Post
    For your daily protein intake it's hard to tell how much you are taking in without you posting serving sizes.
    True, I just updated the original post with serving sizes (as best I could).

domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a strong lack of meat in your diet.

Originally Posted by ilirdino View Post
    I read that its best to take alot of protein PWO, so I figured tuna and eggs and milk were the best sources.

Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonnerjs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

--- Breakfast:
    8 ounce orange juice

--- Post-gym lunch:
    full can of tuna
    2 eggs
    8 ounce glass of milk

--- 2nd lunch:
    banana
    fiberone granola bar

--- Dinner:
    large bowl rice
    roasted chicken OR steak

eat more... instead of eating cereal and orange juice for breakfast, eat eggs and yogurt and milk.... you can add things like ham and turkey to your eggs and wheat germ and oats to your yogurt... instead of eating ham sandwiches, eat chicken breasts and steak or salmon... there are lots of high protein sources out there... and adding a little whey in there will help you reach your desired protein intake... it is hard at first to get in the right mindset of eating that much, but if you really want it, you can do it... good luck
    "If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worth while, it can be done"
    -Vince Lombardi

www.IntenseTrainingGear.com

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ever hear of:

- beef
    - chicken
    - turkey
    - venison
    - buffalo/bison
    - fish
    - whey protein
    - cottage cheese
    - etc.?
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    also.. only 8oz glass of milk.. be a man and drink 16oz at a time.

What your'e eating looks like a cut diet that doesn't even have enough food in it.

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
    Ever hear of:

- beef
    - chicken
    - turkey
    - venison
    - buffalo/bison
    - fish
    - whey protein
    - cottage cheese
    - etc.?
    I did mention that I eat either roasted chicken or steak for dinner.

Originally Posted by Bioteknik View Post
    also.. only 8oz glass of milk.. be a man and drink 16oz at a time.

What your'e eating looks like a cut diet that doesn't even have enough food in it.
    Thats why Im asking you guys for help...Im not an expert Im just a beginner...just seeking some help, not to be put down.

eat more then.

You dont even know how much of it I eat...I eat big portions of it for dinner.

Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    simply throwing in 6 egg whites will add a minimum of 30grams of protein. with some lowrey's seasoning salt. they taste real good.

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I was just giving you more options. I also forgot eggs
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    simply throwing in 6 egg whites will add a minimum of 30grams of protein. with some lowrey's seasoning salt. they taste real good.
    Really? Ive read that the yellow inside of egg is what contains most of the protein.

harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) harlan100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tuna, tuna tuna tuna then some eggs eggs eggs then some chicken and more chicken then then eat some fish after that have some ground turkey with eggs then wash that down with a nice tin of tuna and chicken
    "The worst thing you can be is average"

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/transt42.htm

Brits! Go to Myprotein.co.uk and use the code MP39245 For 5% off your order

Really? Ive read that the yellow inside of egg is what contains most of the protein.
    Actually, it's about 50/50.

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ilirdino View Post
    You don't need 2g/lb. 1g/lb or 1.5g/lb will do you just fine.

Try adding another complete (C+P+F) meal somewhere in there. If you don't want to do that, you could have a meal immediately before bed. You could also add some eggs to breakfast. You could also have a chicken breast sandwich instead of ham or just try to eat A LOT of ham. Then, you could also have a protein shake once a day (in milk, so as to help you get even more proteenz!)

you probably dont even need 1 g/lb

and if youre having trouble getting it all in, adding another meal is a good idea

look at the PWO sticky, you need, well should have, carbs PWO

what i do is shoot for 180 g protein a day, and have 5 600 calorie meals with about 35-40g protein each. then i snack to make up whatever other calories i want.
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

Preventin' teh Scurvy Vitamin C's Avatar
    Location: Various GNCs, Vitamin Worlds, and friendly, local pharmacies
    Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)

--- Breakfast:
    8 ounce orange juice

--- Post-gym lunch:
    full can of tuna
    2 eggs
    8 ounce glass of milk

--- 2nd lunch:
    banana
    fiberone granola bar

--- Dinner:
    large bowl rice
    roasted chicken OR steak

It would be more helpful to know exactly what you mean by "big bowl."

Most people post their amounts in cups, grams, ounces, etc. I.e., "1.5 cups of fiber one cereal," or "2 cups of cooked brown rice."

Height and weight would help also. And bodyfat if you know it (only if you know it; don't guess).

Preventin' teh Scurvy Vitamin C's Avatar
    Location: Various GNCs, Vitamin Worlds, and friendly, local pharmacies
    Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everyone makes a huge deal about eggs and milk for protein, but they contain just a measly 6 and 8 grams of protein respectively.

That's why you use more than one egg/egg white for your meals.

thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thefugate is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
    Ever hear of:

- beef
    - chicken
    - turkey
    - venison
    - buffalo/bison
    - fish
    - whey protein
    - cottage cheese
    - etc.?
    STRONG indian

Plus you can make a tee pee with it's skin after you eat it.

Originally Posted by thefugate View Post
    STRONG indian

Plus you can make a tee pee with it's skin after you eat it.
    LOL, actually, my great great grandmother was Sioux. I'm thinking about starting a casino

Aw sweet man, I'm 25% Shawnee.

I wasn't sure what tribe I was from until last year when I was in school researched it. I googled "native american tribes" and the first result had a proxy for Gambling. By far the most racist proxy I've ever seen.