Thread: under arm fat??

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

under arm fat??

does anyone have this problem? what are good exercises to firm up these areas (under arm, and at top of chest, right below shoulder..)
    i know you cant spot reduce, maybe is the last place my fat diminishes?!
    any one else have this issue?
    runnerkelly
    check out my DAILY progress on my blog:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=189934211#post189934211

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kgitaitis View Post
    does anyone have this problem? what are good exercises to firm up these areas (under arm, and at top of chest, right below shoulder..)
    i know you cant spot reduce, maybe is the last place my fat diminishes?!
    any one else have this issue?
    I've heard of "underarm stink", but no underarm fat! LOL!

Srsly though...a good exercise to quickly tone your triceps (aka underarm fat ) is get a bench or chair and do reverse push ups with legs outstretched in front of you. This has been the single best exercise I've ever tried for toning up that hard to reach muscle. Good luck!
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

MACA makes you lift heavier than ever and hornier than a beast...I LOVE MACA!

DESCRIMINATION S*CKS...BUT FABULOUSNESS TRUMPS ALL!

JAWS22 is my BF...yeah...ya heard it right!
    Thanks BB.COM!

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so is the under arm connected to the tricep?

i do a lot of dips.
    runnerkelly

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think thats what Bambi girl was referring to, "dips".

Just like any other bodypart, no you cant spot reduce. You lose fat from everywhere not just from one specific spot. Dips to help but its an overall process that will make things go down and if you want to lose fat, its all about your nutrition, at least 80% of it :-)

livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To get rid of that back-of-the-arm jiggle, you should do a variety of tricep exercises. Do one set of any three tricep exercises in a row, then rest for 2 minutes and then repeat a couple more times. Some exercises to try include: straight-legged bench dips, overhead dumbell extension, rope pressdown, close-grip push-up on bench, lying triceps extension, v-bar pressdown, kickback, on-arm overhead dumbell extension, and one-arm reverse pressdown. Have fun!

livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post

Just like any other bodypart, no you cant spot reduce. You lose fat from everywhere not just from one specific spot. Dips to help but its an overall process that will make things go down and if you want to lose fat, its all about your nutrition, at least 80% of it :-)
    I agree that nutrition and cardio will help you to lose fat... I just wanted to add that resistance training is essential to getting rid of that jiggle.

i dont really have behind the arm/tricep jiggle. the fat/skin whatever it is, is truley under my arm pit and sticks out when i wear sleavless stuff!!
    runnerkelly

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by senshine View Post
    I agree that nutrition and cardio will help you to lose fat... I just wanted to add that resistance training is essential to getting rid of that jiggle.
    of course !... no doubt about it

Originally Posted by precisou2004 View Post
    of course !... no doubt about it
    yes, agreed i eat pretty healthy. At what body fat percentage do you suppose this "arm pit fat" dissappear? i'm at 18% right now.
    runnerkelly

Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verti-gal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had really bad underarm jiggle before. I had a xbf who used to make fun of my wings. I've done a lot of tricep exercises in the past and have some great triceps now, have for a while, but they still didn't make the jiggle go away.

They've just started to firm up for me in the last month or so, but I still have a ways to go. Not sure of what my bf% is now though, but a lot less than it was.
    There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.

its not really my tricep area, its the little pinch on side of chest/under arm pit!
    runnerkelly

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kgitaitis View Post
    its not really my tricep area, its the little pinch on side of chest/under arm pit!
    That's your chest. Do flyes.

Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like lats... could you draw us a picture?? LOL!

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    That's your chest. Do flyes.
    yep.
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know exactly what you are talking about! It's like fat that should have gone to the boobs but got sidetracked and stayed under the arm. Working the lats to widen out the area will help ease the problem. I dunno what bf it takes to make it go away. It may be one of those last areas to shrink.

Also check your bra. If it's not fitting properly it will accentuate that area.

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about! It's like fat that should have gone to the boobs but got sidetracked and stayed under the arm. Working the lats to widen out the area will help ease the problem. I dunno what bf it takes to make it go away. It may be one of those last areas to shrink.

Yeah...I usually just shove the fat into my bra for some more boobage!

OP, yes, I meant dips (geez..I never know correct names for exercises...dahhhh! ) And also after reading further, I know the fat your talking about (grrrhhhh....hate that pit fat!). I too think it's the chest muscles that need to be worked. But honestly, I used to have that and have only been doing cardio and eating 5-6 small meals a day and it went away. It's fat and like "precious" says...diet and patience is the best way to get rid of fat.
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

MACA makes you lift heavier than ever and hornier than a beast...I LOVE MACA!

DESCRIMINATION S*CKS...BUT FABULOUSNESS TRUMPS ALL!

JAWS22 is my BF...yeah...ya heard it right!
    Thanks BB.COM!

a ****load of it too LOL...

btw Bambi you got "mail" ;-)

Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
    (...) It's fat and like "precious" says...diet and patience is the best way to get rid of fat.

Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my brother grabs my arm and shakes it, calling me "JIGGLYPUFF"

Ohhh the shame of it. This video was helpful, but I have no upper body strength so I can't do them yet.

Talking

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post

dats da one!!
    runnerkelly

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you talking about the area where, if you look at my last progress pic on my bodyblog on the arm I'm flexing, the muscle forms a "Y" shape between the arm, armpit and chest area? So not quite the armpit? I'm not sure what "armpit fat" is but I do get extra fat that can get pushed up funny by bras or certain shirts that are too tight around there when I'm not as lean. I consider it chest fat though...

Exercises that hit the chest and front delt will develop that area (wide bb bench and flyes immediately come to mind). Dips are definitely another winner...but it would be better to do hanging dips than bench dips as bench dips shift the weight from your chest and front delt to your triceps (you'll be leaning back instead of foward). Also try decline bench. The decline only has to be slight. You don't have to be upside down.

The only thing that will get rid of uncomfortable folding there, is an actual change in the ratio of fat to muscle in that area. My chest is pretty developed but when I'm bulking, I still have a weird fatty spot there if my clothes are too tight.

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Are you talking about the area where, if you look at my last progress pic on my bodyblog on the arm I'm flexing, the muscle forms a "Y" shape between the arm, armpit and chest area? So not quite the armpit? I'm not sure what "armpit fat" is but I do get extra fat that can get pushed up funny by bras or certain shirts that are too tight around there when I'm not as lean. I consider it chest fat though...

Exercises that hit the chest and front delt will develop that area (wide bb bench and flyes immediately come to mind). Dips are definitely another winner...but it would be better to do hanging dips than bench dips as bench dips shift the weight from your chest and front delt to your triceps (you'll be leaning back instead of foward). Also try decline bench. The decline only has to be slight. You don't have to be upside down.

The only thing that will get rid of uncomfortable folding there, is an actual change in the ratio of fat to muscle in that area. My chest is pretty developed but when I'm bulking, I still have a weird fatty spot there if my clothes are too tight.
    x2! Awesome advice AS USUAL!!!

Reps on recharge
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good advice for exercises, but it's more about dropping the bodyfat.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post

yes around that area, and in the arm pit!
    runnerkelly