Big_Bozz_07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between monobasic dibasic and tribasic calcium phosphate

can anybody explain the difference between monobasic, dibasic and tribasic calcium phosphate?

why do some people use the tribasic form instead of the other two froms. is it just because of better bioavailibilty or what is the rational behind that?

Big_bozz_07

Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shouldn't matter.

I can explain the difference but basically, it won't really matter.

It has to do with deprotonation of the phosphoric acid and the replacement of a hydrogen with an alkaline ion. Usually sodium or potassium.

There are 3 pKa's in phosphoric acid, or, that is to say 3 protons to shed, and it will shed them if need be (if a base if added).

A mixture of mono and dibasic will create a buffer solution. and same with any other variant, mono and di or mono and tri or mono, di AND tri.

It's sorta complex and I don't want to go on about it. Do you need to know what it really is or are you just concerned about how it will affect bioavailiability?
    See you at Anabolic-Authority.

thanks for your answer
    honestly, it sounds very complicated.

I'am just concerned about the effect of each. e.g will the tribasic calcium phosphate have a more powerful or a different effect than the dibasic or mono?

I'am going to take 3-4 grams of tribasic sodium phopshate the next time. I heard that it might be not good for the calcium-phosphorus balance in the body, if you just take phoshorus without calcium.

do yo know how I can balance them? maybe through additional vitamin d3 and calcium supplementation? how much do you suggest?

Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Big_Bozz_07 View Post
    I'am going to take 3-4 grams of tribasic sodium phopshate the next time. I heard that it might be not good for the calcium-phosphorus balance in the body, if you just take phoshorus without calcium.

do yo know how I can balance them? maybe through additional vitamin d3 and calcium supplementation? how much do you suggest?
    If you're using phosphate as a lactic acid buffer, then you're an idiot. Purchase potassium bicarbonate and use this instead.

Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Catchol View Post
    If you're using phosphate as a lactic acid buffer, then you're an idiot. Purchase potassium bicarbonate and use this instead.
    That doesn't work anyways...lol. If our blood stream changed pH to any real extent according to any supplementation or food we put in our bodies (even if its alot of supplementation), we'd all be dead.

I think the issue hes concerned with is absorption, which mono di and tri basic might affect with the stomach acid, tribasic would be the least acidic of the three, but it still wouldn't really buffer the system at all, your need to take it was an actual base to neutralize stomach pH.

Since you aren't neutralizing stomach pH in any way with any of the three, just pick on and go with it.

Whats so special about calcium phosphate? I don't supplement with any of that wives tale stuff that doesn't make a difference anyways except for 3 multis a day.
    See you at Anabolic-Authority.