Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What's the best way to deal with depression so I can work harder at losing weight?

Hi every. My friend recently talked me into coming here for help. I've decided I'm tired of being fat and I want to lose it, but I guess I'm doing it wrong and he says this forum will give me the info I need.

Anyhow, to my question, and what I think is my biggest problem.
    I'm terribly depressed, and it's affecting my ability to lose weight. I can't afford to go to the doctor and get a prescription for it, so I need some cheaper ways to deal with it. I know I'll always be depressed if I can't fix my weight problem, but the depression I have is nearly crippling, and I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know this sounds like a stupid suggestion, but the GYM! Seriously, exercise promotes better mental health.

Frankly, some days it SUCKS getting there and working out, but afterwards you do feel so much better. Plus, knowing you've done something that day to improve yourself is worth its weight in gold...well, it doesn't weigh anything but you get the point.

Also, eating good food is a big part of it. I know this all sounds like a corny way to promote diet and exercise, but in all truthfullness I always feel better after some red meat and a sweet potatoe than after an In-n- Out burger with fries.

Depression is really tough man. It can be a motivator and it can be a HUGE demotivator as well. Mental toughness and the right attitude can go a long way, plus doing something positive for yourself will help even more.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d_shropshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OniWatanabe View Post
    Hi every. My friend recently talked me into coming here for help. I've decided I'm tired of being fat and I want to lose it, but I guess I'm doing it wrong and he says this forum will give me the info I need.

I'm terribly depressed, and it's affecting my ability to lose weight. I can't afford to go to the doctor and get a prescription for it, so I need some cheaper ways to deal with it. I know I'll always be depressed if I can't fix my weight problem, but the depression I have is nearly crippling, and I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Suck it up and do whatcha gotta do to lose the weight, no excuses........

snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) snaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dunno that's tough...i would say to go see a psychotherapist but you say you dont have the means...i firmly believe that consistent exercise not only helps your body but really helps your mind....sounds like you are in a catch-22 though, in that you're depressed cuz you're overweight, but you cant get to exercise cuz you are depressed...

i would say dont try to do it ALL at once, go in small steps...change your diet a little by cutting out junk food and fast food....doesnt have to be completely clean but eat REAL food not crap and cut sugar... start walking/lifting a little, and gradually increase it....if you mess up and binge on a cake, dont let it get to you just KEEP WITH IT

for tips on diet and exercise read the stickies in this section and the nutrition section

Doggiecow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just start working out man. Find a routine that you can stick to and I guarantee (and I am sure others will agree) that after you begin, youll start to feel better. Working out can really get rid of stress. And the thing is, once you start losing the weight in the first place, you'll feel even better than you did before Start lifting or doing some cardio and i'm sure your depression will subside. Once you begin doing something to better yourself, you'll start to feel happier, I think

CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHEEF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    rholdea rhosiea best supp ever no joke
    MP37891
    MYPROTEIN CODE USE FOR 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER

OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) OniWatanabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys. I've actually already cut out junk foods and sugars. I guess you're right tho, I'm gonna just have to suck it up and do it. No one can do it for me, right?

jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys. I've actually already cut out junk foods and sugars. I guess you're right tho, I'm gonna just have to suck it up and do it. No one can do it for me, right?
    I could try to do it for you but it wouldn't be the same

Remember, a journey begins with a single step! It sounds like you've already set things in motion by cutting out the junk food.

lakerfan01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when u have a lot on ur mind its easier to workout man..because when for example you run you wont even be thinking about running..same **** here..

Registered User Portmessexpress's Avatar
    Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Portmessexpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seriously exercise is as good for your mental health as it is for your physical health
    stay dedicated for a few weeks, you'll feel the difference
    If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud.

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wild_Weasel View Post
    I know this sounds like a stupid suggestion, but the GYM! Seriously, exercise promotes better mental health.

Frankly, some days it SUCKS getting there and working out, but afterwards you do feel so much better. Plus, knowing you've done something that day to improve yourself is worth its weight in gold...well, it doesn't weigh anything but you get the point.

Also, eating good food is a big part of it. I know this all sounds like a corny way to promote diet and exercise, but in all truthfullness I always feel better after some red meat and a sweet potatoe than after an In-n- Out burger with fries.

Depression is really tough man. It can be a motivator and it can be a HUGE demotivator as well. Mental toughness and the right attitude can go a long way, plus doing something positive for yourself will help even more.
    Agreed 100000000000000000000%
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MattT84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like Wild_Weasel said exercise.

You have to reach down in yourself and turn that negative into a positive, last month the girl who motivated and inspired me to change my healthy lifestyle lost interest in me out of the blue and just ignored me stonecold. That night I was seriously depressed couldnt sleep but just said "F*** it" and somehow found the motivation to go out and do some HIIT Cardio. You'll feel better about yourself when you do.
    Weight progression:

May 21 2008 - 255 lbs

May 21 2009 - 215 lbs

May 21 2010 - 235 lbs

May 21 2011 - 245 lbs

GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetBig87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I know how you feel and I have definetly been there before. One day I just decided one day I was going to try to be happy. I didn't know what to do or how to do it so I had to seek help, which is what you did and thats something alot of people arent man enough to do. So props for that. Some of my most motivating times are in the gym. Its a great atmosphere, there are attractive peolpe, and people just working to obtain and surpass their goals.
    Some people live to eat. Some people eat to live. I eat to GROW.

Registered User KevFranchiseHan's Avatar
    KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    as the others said, theres no choice but to suck it up and i know it sounds harsh but depression just leads to more depression, it doesnt change anything in life just suck it up and continue

pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmcgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Exercise. Do it because you must at first, when you feel better you'll keep doing it because it makes you happier.

This is my happy face. NoFace525's Avatar
    NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000) NoFace525 is just really nice. (+1000)

Oni, I'm brand new to this site and came here for similar reasons. A lot of messed up things happened this year that brought me an unreal amount of stress and then eventually to a dark depression. I don't care for going to see a doctor about my issues because I'm that types of guy who internalizes everything so I don't come off as trying to dump my problems on other people. Besides, I don't have insurance anymore.

My wife and friends were getting on my case to do something productive which kind've drove me into a deeper depression. They would say, "Just go out and do something!" Easier said than done.

But one day I went for a walk and kind've meditated (which I recomend). I asked myself a question that I couldn't believe was hard to answer. I simply asked, "what do you want?" I mean REALLY want?

I came to some general conclusions but they all invloved me being down to the weight I was in when I was in the Army. I had to force myself to remember what it feels like to make daily, weekly, and monthly goals and feel satisfied of accomplishing them.

If you want to get excited just thumb trough some of the transformations on the forum and tell me that doesn't get you excited to make a change as well as being proud of the people that have made a differance.

I recomend a journal. Write down every night 5 things that you HAVE to do tomorrow, and then do them tomorrow! Number them from the thing you would least like to do down to the easiest. Here's my list for tomorrow;

1) a.m. cardio (I hate cardio)
    2) follow meals as planned
    3) upper back and traps
    4) verbally let my wife and kids know how much I love them
    5) make a new list

I feel accomplish at the end of everyday.... even though its been a week and a half. Going to the gym now feels like candy. I dread going there but once I start lifting the endorphines or whatever gets me a little hyped and I get addicted to the "pump". I sleep better at night and I smile more. I even made a couple of friends at the gym that hold me to my goals and are a great encouragement. Its like I have accountability now.

I know I'm writing a book here but when I read your post I thought back at some of the thoughts I had in my depression, as serious as some were, and knew what you were asking.

I hoped I helped. Tell you what, I'll post my measurements and before pics and use bodyspace to the fullest and you do the same. We'll keep checking up on each other and compare progress. Why not? That is my challenge to you! How's that! You are publicly being challenged to a commitment to being closer to where you want to be in this life.

How about it?

HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HardWork00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depression can be on of the worst conditions in the world for someone to go through. Take it a day at a time, here's something a friend sent me that might help you as well:

Its a cold, cold world. And other people make it colder. Things are going to supress and depress you. There's no stopping it. But you gotta get in your head and say enough is enough and its time for a change.

Clean up time. The first thing, the most important thing you gotta do..is change your state. Your mind is a powerful thing..so powerful it has the ability to make change. You have these thoughts and visions of what and who you think you are, and right now..your seeing the person who you don't want to be. Change that image. Picture yourself being this strong, powerful, intelligent man. Now TELL yourself these things. Not internally, but externally. Sound lame? I don't care..do it. Done? Great. Now next, is to accept what has happened in your life and move foward. Stop looking @ the problems, and move towards the solutions. Its the only way.

Now you've got a lot of ground to cover, so start now! Make change happen, make a plan..everyday! From big to small things. This is a war now..prepare for battle mentally, spirtually, and physically. That means you have to get your body in shape. CHANGE physically now. You know what it takes to do that. No need to explain that.

Finally..get your spirit right. It takes all three baby. Pray. Use prayer time as meditation time. Clear your mind of negative thoughts and put new positive thoughts in to replace those negative ones. Think of where you want to be. Mind you its easier to think of the bad..MUCH easier..so its a tough battle..but you MUST do it. What helps me is reciting the verse 'If God is for us..who can be against us?' whenever I'm down. Its powerful, and works for me. Find out what works for you but again..I can't stress enough how important it is to clear your mind everyday! take 10 mins to think of positive thoughts, and just meditate.

My last bit of advice is remember, the battle is everyday. Every hour, and every minute. Its not easy, it won't be..but great things take work. Are you willing? I hope so. Best of luck, and please remember..your not alone in this. You CAN change!

Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I had reps to give, NoFace525 would get some!

Keep a log on here. It keeps you accountable to yourself and it's a good way to unleash your thoughts for the day. I do it. Which reminds me, I must go update...
    YGBSM

Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Klutch89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    feelin good is lookin good...get in shape

Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oni... gym is good... therapy + gym is better.

I was not able to stick to anything (and I mean ANYTHING) until I got my head straight.

Now I can fail one day or one week without tossing it all in and making myself the failure.

Get some therapy as well.
    I'm Buddha-sized and full of wisdom... and fat.
    ~
    Proud member of "Thick Chicks"
    ~
    Status: Wrist back in action - starting weights again tomorrow morning (light - don't want to re-injure!). On an IBS-friendly diet which is resulting in less sick days, and weight dropping (fricken YAY!)

bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) bordrshane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everything above and fish will help with the depression. Omega 3 fish oil. Eat it up.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Whenever I have been depressed in the past, I have have automatically lost weight. Depression = appetite loss for me.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to be in same boat as you , i used to be very dperessed but i started the gym. I got a couple friends to help me through the tough times, but i lost all the weight and the regular excercise fixed my moods and gave me a level head. I'm far from bring fixed completely but am a whole lot better than the way i was. Just start it , try it for 6 months constantly! When you see results you won't look back

Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luke_G is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

I think the hardest thing about losing weight is sticking to it.

Countless times i started a plan and fell off after 2-3 weeks due to impatience.

I have been on a cardio/lifting/meal plan for about 2months now and am loving it. I reckon once you are over the begining hump stage man you won't look back.

For me and i assume for others is it has become so addictive. I love it!

the exercise and the eating go hand in hand bro

Get a programme and stick it out man and you'll do awesome

Good luck !

Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Idlev is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm gonna be stone cold here.

Depression is what? A psychological event that makes you feel weak, and powerless. It's an mental condition that because of your brain becomes physical. So you need to ask yourself this very carefully "Self, why am I depressed?" "Self, what has this depression done to me?" "Self, what use is there in being depressed?"

If you can come up with a half-way decent answer to any of those, I'd be amazed. The gut answer is, get over it. "cheaper ways to deal with it" You think you need medication? Get real! It sounds like you need a serious gut check. If you were serious about losing weight and changing your life, I doubt you'd be letting a little wimpy feeling stop you. Don't tell me that you can't.. that is not acceptable here.

To cry, scream, yell, be afraid, curse, puke, and hate it is acceptable
    Quitting ( and thus, quitting before you even started ) is NOT.

You want to lose weight and feel better? Get off your ass, put one foot in front of the other, and step forward. Easy right? do it again, and again, and again, until you get to the gym, or the track. Hell, walk around the block once, look at the world around you, and breath deep. There isn't an easy fix, it takes effort. That sentence alone scares most people. Put forth the effort, and you'll achieve, it's just that simple.
    Those who don't understand me, Fear me
    Those who understand me, Fear themselves

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) and Keto and the Gym really helped stabilise my moods so i say go for it

Alright, NoFace, I'll take you up on your challenge.

I want to thank all of you, by the way. Honestly I didn't expect more than one or two replies, mainly consisting of "lol, got over it, you suck." But you guys seem to actually care, even those of you that came off as harsh.

I decided to go out for a run lastnight efore I went to sleep, and I did feel better after it.

Edit: I just saw Lemon's post.... I'm fairly certain I have Bi-Polar Disorder, too. I haven't ever really had it checked out, because, like NoFace, "I don't care for going to see a doctor about my issues because I'm that types of guy who internalizes everything so I don't come off as trying to dump my problems on other people." However, I seem to fit nearly all the symptoms. Keto... is that something you'd pick up at GNC or a health foods store?
    Last edited by OniWatanabe; 08-07-2008 at 04:15 AM.

jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jenl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wild_Weasel View Post

Repped - Glad to see that not every has the same bro attitude to depression and weight loss.

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say to keep 'moderation' in the picture, rather than dive into a perfect diet. This forum is a great place to discuss diets and work out routines.

Weight loss is a long-term thing. You need to be in it for the long haul. That is probably the hardest thing about it. Its a mental game.

Maybe set some short term goals so you feel like you are achieving. eg, loosing 10 pounds might be the first goal.

Still allow yourself to enjoy foods you like that may not be the best for a diet, but make sure they are the exception, as opposed to all the time.

Without trying to sound annoying, the phrase 'its not how many times you get knocked down, its how many times you get back up again' always helps me out when I'm feeling low.

All the best mate,

Keto... is that something you'd pick up at GNC or a health foods store?
    Yes and no actually.

Keto is a diet system.

7-keto is a supplement. Whether you can pick it up at GNC for some exorbitant price I don't know. Get everything from bb.com if you need something.
    YGBSM