maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gathering up motivation again.

Well, I've been away from this site for over 2 yrs now. You know the old adage "You work out to get the girl,.....than you quit working out!".
    That appears to have happened to me.
    Gathering up motivation to hit the gym again.
    After several referrences to yester-year by my girlfriend "I remember you were so puffy". (Puffy? that's the best she could say?????lol )
    Anyway, recently my sister showed me a pic I sent her showing my progress.
    Hum,......not bad!
    And I happened to find my old ski shorts that I had in the pic.
    So I took a comparison pic.
    What a difference. I guess this is my new motivator.
    5/2006.

8/2008,...today as a matter of fact

Ahhh,...time flies, and life happens and you lose interest. I'll be heading to the gym later to get back at it.
    I saw on You tube how people have that time line journal. I'm going to try and do that.
    Maybe a daily pic for 3 or 6 months to really see some difference.
    Wish me luck!!!!!
    Any positive coments will be appreciated.
    The hardest part is that first week.
    The clincher for me...........yesterday I did CPR on a patient and my back hurt with in 2 min of CPR. I used to last the full 30 min!

-Frank
    Last edited by maggioracing; 08-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Clothes are a good part of motivating force for me, too. I have a new rash guard hanging up in my room on the doorhandle of my closet. I'm not going to take it down until I look good (in my own eyes) wearing it.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude, sorry about the spare tire. look at the bright side, you'll never be without.

ok, enough of this reminiscing. get in the gym and pump some iron. those weights aren't going to lift themselves.

... pics fo the gf would be nice too.

jk
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Clothes are a good part of motivating force for me, too. I have a new rash guard hanging up in my room on the doorhandle of my closet. I'm not going to take it down until I look good (in my own eyes) wearing it.

Don't mean to be so dumb, but what is a rash guard?

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whatever it takes to motivate - in your case a couple of photos. So many a photo journal is the way to go.

maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, done. Did a few front pull ups,bench press,shoulder presses, 3 supersets, followed by bicep curls and tricep pulldowns, 15 reps each. Just kept it light for my first time back and the muscle soreness will be less. Plus my muscles were sayin "take it easy cowboy!, you ain't 33 anymore" by the 3rd set. lol.
    Wow, it comes back to me how addicting the endorphin rush is!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyhow, the saga will begin starting today.
    Thanks for the + comments guys.
    -Frank

TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100) TallDude123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    you still look pretty good bro, muscle memory + good nutrition youll be back to your old self in no time... cheers
    J4cked f1bras !

Bulking to 225...

Long term goal : 230 9 % body fat

Cell-Tech,
    Dominate the bit*es in 8 short weeks!

I fogot to mention, this is the work out I will be doing in the upcoming weeks. It worked last time for me.
    I lost some of the pages from the June 2006 issue of Flex.
    "mass explosion" workout.
    I was able to find it online,but no pics.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...related_widget
    *** www.findarticles.com may help you find what you may have read in a past magazine, and accidentally thrown out.***
    C-ya for now.
    -Frank

Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tireman84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by maggioracing View Post
    Ok, done. Did a few front pull ups,bench press,shoulder presses, 3 supersets, followed by bicep curls and tricep pulldowns, 15 reps each. Just kept it light for my first time back and the muscle soreness will be less. Plus my muscles were sayin "take it easy cowboy!, you ain't 33 anymore" by the 3rd set. lol.
    -Frank
    sweet!

You'll get back there... you know what you gotta do... how's your diet? I just found a pretty decent read (free downloadable book) Called the Lean Mass Diet... the thread... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4464953

I've been doing ALOT of searching and this seems to be the best diet layout i could find on the internet so far. The way they set it up is awesome and makes eatting perfect, easy as hell. People are having great results with it and im starting the diet within a few days ( i want to get a food scale so i can get the right amount of food in... then ditch the scale after i know what the portion sizes i need look like)

Once you get your workout routine goin and want to turn it up a notch, take a look at this...P/RR/S

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

Its basically a three week semi repeating routine thats kicked my ASS and helped me to break out of my longggggg plateau ive been struggling with.

Hope this helps

Goodluck brah
    Last edited by phuddup; 08-06-2008 at 09:06 PM.

JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by maggioracing View Post
    -Frank
    Dont forget those legs!

Good luck and welcome back!

lol.
    Yes the legs are tonight. Keeping it simple for now.
    Extensions,leg curls, calf presses for now. I don't feel like pulling my groin muscles again. kept me off squats for 3 wks last time!
    Just finished 4 eggs & ham, and 1 medium sweet potato for breakfast,and coffee.
    Some one asked about diet. At work I can only "graze" for 12 hrs. The ER is too busy to stop every 3-4 hours to munch on something. So I graze. "you're eating again". I get that ALOT. Whatever. I'm blessed with that inability to gain weight like some people....which for body building is a disadvantage/working AGAINST ME!
    -Frank

KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will not take long at all Frank,

As mentioned above, the muscle will remember what it once was. Rather quickly too, does not take long when you come back and are still in decent shape.

Keep it up bro
    KDHunter

CHARGER FOOTBALL BABY
    O35 5/8" Crew

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TallDude123 View Post
    you still look pretty good bro, muscle memory + good nutrition youll be back to your old self in no time... cheers
    A good point, since your muscles were in good shape before you may make some big changes quickly. Enjoy that!! It can be a great motivator.

When I started serious lifting again I added an inch to my arms about 3 1/2 months. I haven't seen gains like that since (it actually took me back to my old level), but it sure got me pumped to work more (and that happened over 2 years ago).

Well, thought I'd drop back in and post again.
    Ok. So the soreness from last wks work out lasted til sunday. All major muscle group (upper body) were sore. The soreness was terrific. It actually made me laugh with pain.
    And I bypassed the leg work out due to fear of the soreness. "P*ssy!" I know. But today I went to the gym. Focusing on simple compound movements to get these lazy muscles back inshape.
    Work out started out great. 5 min bike to bring the HR up. Followed by stretching 5 min.
    Close Grip chins, than clean& jerks. After the 1st set I felt alittle tachycardic,maybe from the squat position/movement.
    After the 2nd set, BLAM it hit me. Tachy and BEADS of sweat all over me,and extreme nausea and lightheadedness.
    I had to lay down for @ 5-7 min with legs elevated. LOL. Started to dry off.
    I guess I was dehydrated and maybe a little hypoglycemic. I ran home and drank 8oz of OJ. Instanly felt better. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    That was my work out. knew I had to call it aday. I'm using the ol "the gym will still be here tomorrow". Something I never used to believe in. LOL. "gym addiction". lol.
    Will try again tomorrow.
    Going to have to drop the coffee and pick up the water or propel.
    -Frank

Well. I'm still at it. Only doing compound movements.
    "puffiness" is coming back.lol.
    HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!
    BEFORE:

NOW:

-Frank
    Last edited by maggioracing; 10-21-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Still working out. Had to stay away from the gym for 1 wk due to flu like symptoms that was going on around my work place.
    had a great work out today.
    Weighed myself a few days ago 175lbs. 1lb loss since last post.
    But I'm increasing in what I can lift.
    -Frank

mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mridgley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice SXI Pro - I had one almost identical a few years ago. I am thinking of getting another here next summer.

Good luck on your endeavors.

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." - Schwarzenegger

Well still at it.
    I started making a monthly photolog of my progress. That in 1 yr I
    will make a video like some others did on youtube.
    I am happy to say that I am at ++178 lbs++.
    And my legs are finally coming around. My pants finally fit better along the
    thigh and not just around the waist.
    So far 5 months in to it. And I am changing up my routine, still basics-mainly barbell exercises only not fancy advanced stuff, no nautilus stuff either. Just instead of 2-4 set exercises per body part, I will be doing 3-3 set exercises to get a difference range of motion.

I'm going to hit the gym now.
    Mridgley,
    And as for the Kawasaki, it's an o4 SXR 800. If you do want to buy one, make sure you do the stock yahama handlepole conversion, WAY lighter than the Stock Kawi!
    -Frank

Well it's been eight long months. I'm now comfortable to be at the beach. My arms and shoulders are filling in but my chest shrinking, and my abs are kinda showing through. Weigh in just shy of 178. Upped the protein to twice a day. Looking at my carb and fat intake, trying to make better choices.
    -Frank
    Last edited by maggioracing; 03-18-2009 at 11:28 AM.