BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

critique my workout

So i've been told I've been severly overtraining...I gained 13lbs. of a recent cycle and lost every ounce 6 weeks out, The conclusion to this problem as i was told was overtraining?? Any ways i've designed somewhat of a hargainers program that i don't think is overtraining...please let me know what you think

week 1, day 1
    dumbell chest press 4*6
    military press 4*6
    tricep dumbell press 4*6
    weighted dips 4*6

week 1, day 2
    deadlift 4*6
    cable row 4*6
    dumbell curl 4*6
    EZ bar curl 4*6

week 1, day 3
    squats 4*6
    leg extensions 4*6
    calf raises 4*6
    dumbell shoulder press 4*6
    lateral raises 4*6

week 2 , day 1
    bench press 4*6
    incline dumbell press 4*6
    close grip bench press 4*6
    weighted dips 4*6

week 2 , day 2
    deadlift 4*6
    chin ups 4*6
    lat pulldowns 2*6
    hammer curl 4*6
    strate bar curl 4*6

week 2, day 3
    leg press 4*6
    ham flexors 4*6
    calf raises 4*6
    long bar shoulder press 4*6
    lateral raises 4*6

i plan on adding some light cardio and abs on a day off every week... I have had a really hard time gaining muscles even while on a good cycle....please tell me what you think of this plan

Iron_BoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overtraining

u working out the same bodyparts 2 times a week if ur training with high intensity and not on gear is usually overtraining--if u feel like you are overtraining and not getting stronger..train body parts 1 time a week but high intensity
    A Gain Is A Gain Even If Its Just 1 More Pound Or 1 More Rep

BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBKing000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how am i working the same body parts twice a week? In what excersises? the program is set up for 2 weeks 3 times a week......what am i doing wrong here?

oh mabad I didn't see the weeks on top--what are your goals? are u trying to get cut or bulk?

well i'd like a little of both and stay nice , but my main concern is getting bigger i can worry about cutting later, im pretty lean as it is... i just can't get big? i don't understand how someone goes from 188 to 178 in 5 days??????? 13 weeks of pricking myself just to get back to square one? WOW is it sooo fustrating....So I'm trying to put together a new hardgainer routine to start monday after taking this whole week off....I love lifting but im just so discouraged...I mean why lift if it gets you nowhere? It's a lot of time and money for no reason...
    Last edited by flexxx007; 03-22-2003 at 10:19 AM.

maybe its ur diet--go 2 grams per 1 pound of bodyweight and divide it up into 6 meals--go 3 carbs per pound of bodyweight and divide that into 6 meals--eat lots of animal protein (ex. tuna, eggs, pork, beef, and turkey) and drink plenty of protein shakes! Also eat lots of oatmeal, potatoes, pasta, & another good trick is to add a Size-Up 1000 mass drink to a gallon water jug and drink on it all day long and don't forget ur 2 tbls of natural peanut-butter daily.
    For ur training use heavy weights 3 sets of 4-8 reps with good form! also allow ur muscle to heal--ur muscles grows while u are resting not when u are training in the gym

U should expect to gain 7-10 LBM a year by focusing on ur Macro's and emphasize QUALITY over quantity. ur diet is what will promote the addition of LBM. If ur in a rush to get big then ur in it for the wrong reason cuz then u can just juice and thats not what u want!! its take time so enjoy the ride and have fun while ur doing it !DON"T QUIT!
    Last edited by Iron_BoLo; 03-22-2003 at 10:44 AM.

oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: critique my workout

I'm assuming that your schedule goes monday (day 1), wednesday (day 2), and friday (day 3), or an equivalent schedule where you have two days off following day 3. If so, I'd put your chest/tri day in the middle of the week so that you have more time to recover from deadlifts when you do legs.

Two other things I'd recommend: For day 1, week 1 do another chest exercise (such as incline press) instead of military press. And, for biceps for both weeks, do the bar movement before the dumbell movement.