24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Stats: 5'4", 121 lbs
    AlysonBriggs22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlysonBriggs22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit AlysonBriggs22's BodySpace

4 weeks into cut, no weight loss

Hello there! It seems as though I have hit a plateau with my training or something. 4 weeks ago I lowered my calories to around 1515-1520; protein is at 174, carbs are at around 120-127, and fats are pretty steady at 43. I measure everything with a scale everyday and I am incredibly meticulous about it. For training, I strength train in the morning 6 days per week (rep range is generally 8-12) and do cardio in the afternoons. I was only doing steady state cardio but switched to HIIT this week in the hopes that it will initiate some kind of fat loss. I haven't lost any weight for four weeks, and generally fluctuate between 128-129. I went down to 127 last week two days after a refeed, then popped back up to 129. It's really frustrating to feel like you're doing everything right, but see no results on the scale. My competition is a little less than 12 weeks away. Anyone have any suggestions for how to plow through some fat loss?

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5122
    jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jpg68 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jpg68's BodySpace
    Besides not losing any weight have you noticed any changes in the mirror? You might be doing to much and have messed up your metabolism. I would hope that you didn't do that but if your not seeing any changes you might cut back on cardio a little.
    "Go Big or Go Home"

Stats: 208 lbs
    disorderly22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit disorderly22's BodySpace
    Hey there,

Since I'm not a woman its hard to offer any advice but I can ask a few basic questions that you might have over looked. What is your breakdown on math? I usually run 4kcal for every 1g of carb and protein and 9kcal for every 1g fat. Adding (174+120)*4=1176 add the fat calories and you're at 1563 at the low end 1591 on the high end. Also, (I don't mean to insult your intelligence) but are you sure you are counting all the macros in each of your foods. I have no idea what you are eating but say you eat ground turkey, which has fat and protein, are you sure you are counting the fat grams along with the protein. I know its a stupid question but sometimes even the smallest thing could be what makes all the difference.

Also, have you tried varying your diet, either the times you eat or what foods you eat? Perhaps your body has adapted to the same meals/times/workouts and is in survival mode to not lose any more weight. (yes I have heard it was a thing. Someone posted an article on this but I can't find it right now, I'll try later.)

This post was several weeks ago so hopefully you find a solution by now.

Best of Luck!

Stats: 5'7", 158 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9038
    ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ohtm27 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit ohtm27's BodySpace
    Your pretty low on cals already at 12 weeks out. **** I would walk onto a stage eating 1600+ cals the day of the show. You won't have any cals left by show day YIKKES!
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ngerdts has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit ngerdts's BodySpace
    I would try to do some carb cycling. When getting stuck at a weight this often helps break a plateau. Another option is to increase you fat intake and lower carbs some more. Some people loose weight better with higher fat diets. This is something you will just have to experiment with to see what works best for you. Also if its possible you might switch it up and do cardio in the morning and weight training in the afternoons. Good luck in your comp.

Stats: 5'10", 184 lbs
    bdevey54 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit bdevey54's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by AlysonBriggs22 View Post
    It's really frustrating to feel like you're doing everything right, but see no results on the scale.
    It is NOT 100% about the scale.
    Your weight can give you a measurable number BUT it is not the 'end all, be all' number. Rather you should be looking at BF% and lean mass numbers.

You seem to be on a lower calorie diet while performing weight workouts in the morning with cardio on top of it in the afternoons. Two-a-days with only 1600 calories consumed is REALLY low calorie intake. That intake is probably BARELY over your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate). Add the energy used in your workouts and you are in a deep energy deficiency.

With such an energy deficiency in your diet your metabolism is going to slow down to attempt to compensate. You mentioned you have re-feed days in your diet - how often do you have these refeeds? Once a week? Twice a week? Are you carb cycling and having higher carb days on these refeeds? You simply may not have enough refeed days in your diet to keep your metabolism running at optimum.

My suggestion would be to keep your resistance training up but reduce your cardio to 2-3 times a week.
    When you are a month or some from competition begin to adjust your training by adding another cardio session.
    Last edited by bdevey54; 02-11-2015 at 11:18 AM.