runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how much rest between workouts?

well i just started working out and right now my program looks like this

mon- biceps and triceps
    tues- back and legs
    wed- chest and shoulders
    thurs- rest
    fri- biceps and triceps
    sat- back and legs
    sun- chest and shoulders
    mon - rest

so basically its rest after 3 days of working the different body parts

but i have heard that if you want your muscles to grow u need rest....i was wondering if i have enough rest or should i take and day of rest after every workout so i will be doing this

mon - biceps and triceps
    tues - rest
    wed - back and legs
    thurs- rest
    fri - chest and shoulders
    sat - rest
    then repeat

do u think i should stick with what im doing or is more rest better to put on weight and muscle

Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you plan on doing for back and legs? If you have deadlifts in there, or rows, I would change it. You don't want to work your arms the first day, then again for the next two days.

I'd do;

mon- back, biceps, legs
    tues - triceps, shoulders, and chest
    wed - sprinting/light conditioning
    thurs - rest
    fri- repeat

Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd recommend the second option since you are new to working out, and you're better off training each body part once a week, plus the extra rest days will help prevent overtraining and burnout.

mon - biceps and triceps
    tues - rest
    wed - back and legs
    thurs- rest
    sat - rest
    then repeat

The rule of thumb is at least 48-72 hours rest between working the same bodypart.

RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Edge118 View Post
    I'd recommend the second option since you are new to working out, and you're better off training each body part once a week, plus the extra rest days will help prevent overtraining and burnout.

mon - biceps and triceps
    tues - rest
    wed - back and legs
    thurs- rest
    sat - rest
    then repeat

The rule of thumb is at least 48-72 hours rest between working the same bodypart.
    Agreed

runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yesterday i did biceps and triceps and today i did back and i noticed with the chin ups and rows i was using my bis and tris and they were starting to swell a bit....i was wondering if there was any way i could still lift 5 or 6 times a week and split the workouts up differently so i would get the correct rest

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by runner13 View Post
    well i just started working out and right now my program looks like this

mon- biceps and triceps
    tues- back and legs
    wed- chest and shoulders
    thurs- rest
    fri- biceps and triceps
    sat- back and legs
    sun- chest and shoulders
    mon - rest

so basically its rest after 3 days of working the different body parts

but i have heard that if you want your muscles to grow u need rest....i was wondering if i have enough rest or should i take and day of rest after every workout so i will be doing this

mon - biceps and triceps
    tues - rest
    wed - back and legs
    thurs- rest
    sat - rest
    then repeat

do u think i should stick with what im doing or is more rest better to put on weight and muscle
    second split is better. first split you are overtraining arms. I say give yourself at least two days of rest between bicep workout and back workout tho. May still lead to overtraining the biceps with this second split.

Maybe I....Zuk ya... Steelghost's Avatar
    Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steelghost has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here is my split just for ****s and giggles. Seen great results.

Monday-Legs,deadlift, traps -Heavy Abs
    Tuesday-Chest, Tris, Shoulders
    Wednsday-Biceps, upper back, traps -Heavy Abs
    Thursday- OFF....cardio outside
    Friday-Chest, Tris, Shoulders -Heavy Abs
    Saturday-Biceps, upper back
    Sunday- OFF....cardio outside

30-45 mins cardio at least 3 times during the week after lifting.

Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Attaus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He's 16.. you don't overtrain in one workout. If you're 30, yes wait two days, but if you're 16.. one day of rest is plenty.