Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mobuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

where does fat come out of your body from?

poo or pee?
    sweat?

which results does fat get released more from?

152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000) 152_pilot is just really nice. (+1000)
    none of the above. Fat is used as energy

Mutandis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But where does the waste go?

churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not completely sure on this, but if someone put a gun to my head and told me to answer this question or die, I would say that you respire it out in the form of CO2 and H2O
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"
    BF: cutting from 11 to 7

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

Originally Posted by churn View Post
    I'm not completely sure on this, but if someone put a gun to my head and told me to answer this question or die, I would say that you respire it out in the form of CO2 and H2O
    That's what i thought too. The fat gets oxidized and co2 is released as a byproduct. Not sure about water though.

churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mutandis View Post
    That's what i thought too. The fat gets oxidized and co2 is released as a byproduct. Not sure about water though.
    the products of cellular respiration are CO2 and H2O, thats for sure

I just don't know if it comes out as piss/sweat/water in your breath/ or all 3
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some of you need to pay more attention in jr. high and high school science - in an exothermic reaction (where energy gets released) a by product is always heat.

Originally Posted by ElayneTrakand View Post
    Some of you need to pay more attention in jr. high and high school science - in an exothermic reaction (where energy gets released) a by product is always heat.
    who said it wasn't? what exactly are you suggesting?

that fat mass is converted into pure energy and released as heat?
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

Seems like it would be just like a car. Fuel gets turned into motion, heat and a gas.

Originally Posted by Mutandis View Post
    Seems like it would be just like a car. Fuel gets turned into motion, heat and a gas.
    combustion engines create water too, albeit a very small amount that almost instantly evaporates due to the great amount of heat in an inefficient combustion engine

the heat created through oxidation of glucose is used to attach another phosphate to ADP to once again make ATP

of this much I am sure

I am also sure that you breathe out CO2

Water leaves your body in a number of specific ways, not sure which is the one for fat loss but like i said, i think its respiration

------

of course this is only basic cellular respiration, fatty acid chains are more than just hydrogens and carbons (I think there is a glycerol portion and something else at the "head" of it)

I'm pretty sure these are reused in some other part of the body

meh... is it really that important for you to know specifically? :P
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fat gets converted to energy and the energy is then used to run bodily functions. Not sure why you guys are insisting that fat must directly leave the body.

combustion engines create water too, albeit a very small amount that almost instantly evaporates due to the great amount of heat in an inefficient combustion engine

the heat created through oxidation of glucose is used to attach another phosphate to ADP to once again make ATP

of this much I am sure

I am also sure that you breathe out CO2

Water leaves your body in a number of specific ways, not sure which is the one for fat loss but like i said, i think its respiration

------

of course this is only basic cellular respiration, fatty acid chains are more than just hydrogens and carbons (I think there is a glycerol portion and something else at the "head" of it)

I'm pretty sure these are reused in some other part of the body

meh... is it really that important for you to know specifically? :P
    Ok, I wasnt sure about water being a product of fat burning. Im not one to spit out information unless there is reason for me to believe it to be true.

That was a lot of good information and most of the google searches have back you up also. Thanks for the info!

With cars in the winter you can see what looks like water vapor coming from the exhaust. I guess i forgot about that too lol.

Fat gets converted to energy and the energy is then used to run bodily functions. Not sure why you guys are insisting that fat must directly leave the body.
    So you're saying that all that matter just poofs into nothingness?

SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fat gets converted into energy; the energy is then used to perform bodily functions. Not sure where we are getting tripped up here. It's the same idea when we eat. Does the food we eat "just poofs into nothingness"?
    Last edited by ElayneTrakand; 08-04-2008 at 09:11 PM.

juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000) juggerburn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fat gets converted into energy; the energy is then used to perform bodily functions. Not sure where we are getting tripped up here. It's the same idea when we eat. Does the food we eat "just poofs into nothingness"?
    no, it turns into **** after the body gets the nutrients. lol

Fat gets converted into energy;
    I believe the original question asks what happens to the material components of fat.

You seem to have a misconception about how energy is stored in the body. Fat doesn't just get converted into energy... it is broken apart through different catabolic pathways; the resulting freed electrons are used to create other energy storing molecules such as ATP.
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    lmao maybe you should learn to read. not one person has said that except for the OP

DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Practice what you preach. The law of conservation of mass says your wrong... I think its taught a few years before exothermic reactions.

In the chemical reaction CaCl2 + 2H2O = Ca(OH) 2 + 2HCl, it says CaCl2 + 2H2O = Ca(OH) 2 + 2HCl, not CaCl2 + 2H2O = ENERGY.

While I'm not 100% sure where fat goes I know it doesn't turn into pure energy, heat, or small rats in wheels. While an exothermic reaction may release heat, there is an equal amount of matter after the reaction as there was at the start.

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by DTill View Post
    Practice what you preach. The law of conservation of mass says your wrong... I think its taught a few years before exothermic reactions.

In the chemical reaction CaCl2 + 2H2O = Ca(OH) 2 + 2HCl, it says CaCl2 + 2H2O = Ca(OH) 2 + 2HCl, not CaCl2 + 2H2O = ENERGY.

While I'm not 100% sure where fat goes I know it doesn't turn into pure energy, heat, or small rats in wheels. While an exothermic reaction may release heat, there is an equal amount of matter after the reaction as there was at the start.

exactly. our body uses the chemical energy stored in the bonds of the molecules, but the molecules themselves have to end up somewhere. they get broken apart and the pieces are used to form other molecules like water and co2, after energy is released

Originally Posted by DTill View Post

Wow just wow. I was merely correctly the OP who thought we crap out pure fat from our bodies or something of that sort.
    Last edited by ElayneTrakand; 08-04-2008 at 11:37 PM.

DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow just wow. I was merely correctly the OP who thought we crap out pure fat from our bodies or something of that sort.
    Don't freak out. You were all kinds of condescending to others so don't try to save face when you're wrong as well.

so when you said "you guys" you meant the OP? right...

scottprehoda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fat cells themselves never actually leave the body (unless you remove them via surgery). Once a fat cell is created it can not be destroyed, however the size of the cell can increase or decrease. So when you are burning fat you are actually just decreasing the size of the fat cell.

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dr Oz says it leaves via Urine.
    but fat CELLS shrink not vanish.
    runnerkelly
    check out my DAILY progress on my blog:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=189934211#post189934211

Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well when you're in ketosis, (using fat for primary source of energy), the waste is ketones which decarboxylate into acetone and are expelled with the urine making your pee smell different.

I'm not sure if this holds true to fat burning when out of ketosis, but I assume that if you are burning fat for energy, ketones and acetones would be the waste.

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mobuild View Post
    poo or pee?
    sweat?

which results does fat get released more from?
    I wish I could take credit for this answer, but I can't. I had this question a long time ago and saved the article...

"When stored body fat is burned for energy, the fat cell (also called an adipocyte) does not go anywhere or "move into the muscle cell". Unfortunately, the fat cell stays right where it is - on top of your muscles and under the skin in your thighs, stomach, hips, arms, etc. What happens is the fat cell simply releases its contents into the bloodstream as free fatty acids (FFA's).

When the FFA's are released from the fat cell, the fat cell shrinks and that's why you look leaner when you lose body fat - because the fat cell is now smaller. A small or "empty" fat cell is what you want.

Each of us inherits a pre-determined number of fat cells. This number may increase, especially through the growing childhood and teenage years, but it cannot decrease, except though such drastic (and dangerous) measures as liposuction.

What does change frequently is the SIZE of the fat cell. Body fat is basically just a reserve source of energy. The fat cell is the storage depot for this energy in the form of triglycerides (fat). The cell grows or shrinks in size depending on how "filled" it is.

Picture a balloon that is not inflated: It's tiny when not filled with air - maybe the size of your thumb. When you blow it up with air, it can expand 10 or 20 times it's normal size, because it simply fills up. That's what happens to fat cells: They start nearly empty (when you are lean), and when energy intake exceeds your needs, your fat cells "blow up" like balloons. (not a pretty picture, is it?)

When your energy needs exceed your intake, your body releases hormones and enzymes that signal your fat cells to release fat instead of keeping it in storage. Then the stored fat (energy) gets released into your bloodstream as FFA's and they are shuttled off to the muscles where the energy is needed. As blood flow increases to the active muscles, more FFA's are delivered to the muscles that need them.

An important enzyme called lipopoprotein lipase (LPL), then helps the FFA's get inside the mitochondria of the muscle cell, where the FFA's can be burned for energy. If you've ever taken a biology class, then you're probably heard of the mitochondria. This is the "cellular powerhouse" where energy production takes place and this is where the FFA's go to be burned for energy.

The fat cell however, is still right were is was before (in your thighs, lower abs, etc), waiting to be filled up with more fat if you're not careful (so keep using energy and burning more calories than you consume so your fat cells get empty and stay empty "

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would say that you respire it out in the form of CO2 and H2O
    This is correct, it is largely respired out of the skin pores. No joke.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post
    Each of us inherits a pre-determined number of fat cells. This number may increase, especially through the growing childhood and teenage years, but it cannot decrease, except though such drastic (and dangerous) measures as liposuction.
    Far be it from me to critique this, but there's something here that doesn't make sense. Namely, that you always keep fat cells. Cells are just like any other organism; they die. I would speculate that when it dies, and your body has does need it, it does not get replaced.
    --
    'What is a human being, then?'
    'A seed'
    'A... seed?'
    'An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree.'
    -David Zindell, _A Requiem for Homo Sapiens_

My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114471221

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Research "lipolysis" and you'll have all the answers you need.

Basically, stored fat is converted into glycerol which then enters the bloodstream and is absorbed by the kidneys and/or liver, which then converts to glycerol 3-phosphate, DHAP (dihydroxyacetonephosphate), then to G3P (glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate) which then begins the process of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis (same method that carbs are used by the body).

In other words, stored body fat is converted to sugar in the bloodstream and is used by the body as energy for exercise, daily activities, etc. Even still, if that energy is unused, it can/will redeposit as stored body fat.
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616