Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up The official 2008 Edition POWER RACK THREAD

I am a power rackoholic and I've been searching the web for the last few months researching various racks. Here are some of the ones I've come across in my travels. Everyone feel free to add pics, descriptions, and links of any great racks you've come across as well.

Well let's get things started.

The bodysolid monster rack:

http://www.homegymcentral.com/body_s...e_fitness.html

A badass damn near commercial grade rack at an affordable price. And what really makes this thing special is it's the only rack I know of that comes with an optional smith machine. Definitely worth a look.
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 08-04-2008 at 02:22 AM.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    TDS wide base rack

http://thebenchpress.com/shop/produc...roducts_id=892

Another great commercial quality rack with lots of add on features. But TDS has drastically gone up on the prices of all of their equipment lately which is the only bummer I can see on this rack. Still a great rack overall though.

Phys-x power cage

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phys-X-Power-Cag...6.c0.m14.l1318

I must say this is one of the most affordable racks I've seen on the market right now. It's design seems to be based off of the bodycraft/keys/parabody/tuff stuff rack albeit with cheaper 12 guage steel and smaller tubing. Though it seems to be of decent quality.

And you seem to be getting alot for your money. 4 bar holders and adjustable safety bars that don't have to be take out to adjust their height. If I were strapped for cash and looking for a decent midrange rack this would definitely be one of my final options.
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 08-04-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Rock solid basic power cage

http://store.rocksolidfitness.com/pr...c678ca63e26e25

Another cheap but decent quality beginner rack for you college students and new lifters strapped for cash. Decent width and a straight pullup bar is always a plus.

Deltech pro power rack

http://www.fitnessdestination.com/df4500.htm

An affordable uprgrade for those who want to step up from the basic deltec rack without breaking the bank. Bar holders and safety rails are both adjustable which again adds to the ease of use.Seems very robust and well made. Another great midrange option.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    TDS wide base rack

http://thebenchpress.com/shop/produc...roducts_id=892

Another great commercial quality rack with lots of add on features. But TDS has drastically gone up on the prices of all of their equipment lately which is the only bummer I can see on this rack. Still a great rack overall though.
    Wow,that rack went up $700?

I am a power rackoholic and I've been searching the web for the last few months researching various racks. Here are some of the lesser known ones I've come across in my travels. Everyone feel free to add pics and descriptions of any great racks they've come across as well.

Well let's get things started.

The bodysolid monster rack:

http://www.homegymcentral.com/body_s...e_fitness.html

A badass damn near commercial grade rack at an affordable price. And what really makes this thing special is it's the only rack I know of that comes with an optional smith machine. Definitely worth a look.
    Body Solid stopped making these a while ago,I'm surprised somebody still has them listed.They put the lat on the side so it doesn't interfere with the bench at the back.C Man had one of these for sale,I don't know if he sold it.

Phys-x power cage

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phys-X-Power-Cag...6.c0.m14.l1318

I must say this is one of the most affordable racks I've seen on the market right now. It's design seems to be based off of the bodycraft/keys/parabody/tuff stuff rack albeit with cheaper 12 guage steel and smaller tubing. Though it seems to be of decent quality.

And you seem to be getting alot for your money. 4 bar holders and adjustable safety bars that don't have to be take out to adjust their height. If I were strapped for cash and looking for a decent midrange rack this would definitely be one of my final options.
    That link is for Adamant BB,which is Squeebo on this forum.They're also sold by Cap barbell Canada.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

Bodycraft Power Rack

http://www.mistralfitness.com/pd-pro...-ref-NXTAG.htm

As always. Another high quality rack form bodycraft. Rack is made of thick 2 by 3 inch tubing, adjustable bar holders/safety rails, and a super smooth lat pulldown attachment. And as always the straight pullup bar is definitely a plus.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rock solid basic power cage

http://store.rocksolidfitness.com/pr...c678ca63e26e25

Another cheap but decent quality beginner rack for you college students and new lifters strapped for cash. Decent width and a straight pullup bar is always a plus.
    Most of the Rock Solid stuff is made by Yukon and then rebadged as Rock Solid,but I don't think this rack is sold by Yukon.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

Bodycraft Power Rack

http://www.mistralfitness.com/pd-pro...-ref-NXTAG.htm

As always. Another high quality rack form bodycraft. Rack is made of thick 2 by 3 inch tubing, adjustable bar holders/safety rails, and a super smooth lat pulldown attachment. And as always the straight pullup bar is definitely a plus.
    Some people claim that they wobble,but I've put a few together and I think they're nice.

Originally Posted by FERRUM_MAXIMUS View Post
    Wow,that rack went up $700?

Body Solid stopped making these a while ago,I'm surprised somebody still has them listed.They put the lat on the side so it doesn't interfere with the bench at the back.C Man had one of these for sale,I don't know if he sold it.

That link is for Adamant BB,which is Squeebo on this forum.They're also sold by Cap barbell Canada.
    Yeah I know they no longer manufacture the monster rack but there's still some sitting in a few warehouses. The smith option was a really cool option that I wish more racks would have. And I found out last week that cap makes phys-x. I am not a cap hater they have always been good to me over the years as a low cost alternative.

I see all these guys hating on cap and willing to spend thousands more for other big names equipment. Meanwhile cap has gotten me to the 240+ with basic equipment.

Most of the Rock Solid stuff is made by Yukon and then rebadged as Rock Solid,but I don't think this rack is sold by Yukon.
    Yeah I figured that as well. They are pretty much the exact same design, paint scheme, etc. I am just trying to list as many racks as possible in this thread while keeping the descriptions short. We can always discuss the more intricate details pertaining to them later.

Champion Power Rack

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000BYSM6?...0&linkCode=asn

I don't know anyone who has this rack but the specs on it seem pretty solid. 2 by 3 inch square tubing etc. Though it's a little too tall for my tastes. The price is okay but everywhere I go the shipping on it is horrible.

Tds Titan Rack

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R49E42?...0&linkCode=asn

This a simple no thrills rack made of thick, robust 3 by 3" square tubing. Straight pullup bar in front and is 96" high. Price is not bad but not particuarly good either. But if you are looking for a heavy duty mid range rack with at least 3" square tubing for under $1000 this is definitely an option.

York Fitness power rack

http://www.g2fitnessproducts.com/Pro...power_rack.png

http://www.g2fitnessproducts.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=317

A nice commercial rack at a somewhat affordable price. I love the unique design of the pullup bar.

Yeah I know they no longer manufacture the monster rack but there's still some sitting in a few warehouses. The smith option was a really cool option that I wish more racks would have. And I found out last week that cap makes phys-x. I am not a cap hater they have always been good to me over the years as a low cost alternative.

I see all these guys hating on cap and willing to spend thousands more for other big names equipment. Meanwhile cap has gotten me to the 240+ with basic equipment.
    Yeah I figured that as well. They are pretty much the exact same design, paint scheme, etc. I am just trying to list as many racks as possible in this thread while keeping the descriptions short. We can always discuss the more intricate details pertaining to them later.
    I was just adding what information I knew,I wasn't ragging on anything.I think Cap makes some decent stuff,although they do make some junk.Squeebo could probably say how good the Phys-x rack is.The smith attachment for the Monster rack is the same as the Pro smith,you can get both linear bearing and bushing versions,but of course the linear bearing version is $300 more.

Giant commercial rack

http://www.fitnessgiant.com/gicopora.html

11 Gauge Steel Multiple Rack Positions
    2x3 Steel tubed Uprights
    13 Rack Positions
    Built-in Knurled Chin-up Bar
    Great for Light Commercial Applications
    Can be Bolted to the floor for MAX stability
    14 re-enforcement plates
    91"Hx53"Wx55"L
    233lbs.
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 08-04-2008 at 01:26 AM.

I was just adding what information I knew,I wasn't ragging on anything.I think Cap makes some decent stuff,although they do make some junk.Squeebo could probably say how good the Phys-x rack is.The smith attachment for the Monster rack is the same as the Pro smith,you can get both linear bearing and bushing versions,but of course the linear bearing version is $300 more.
    Oh I hear you big man. I didn't mean to come across negative or anything. I just have a special place in my hear because cap helped a young skinny and broke DD get swole over the years.

But I thoroughly enjoy all the useful information you have when it comes to the exercise equipment industry.

You are one of the FEW people I can actually say I come to learn from here. And I have NOT been able to say that in years of being on here. You are one of my inspirations for this thread because I knew when I started spitting out the tier 1 info for these racks you would be able to go into more detail about them which is what this thread is all about.

Thanks and keep it coming.

Legend fitness power rack

http://www.fitnessgiant.com/powercage.html

3" thick commercial grade rack that looks very spatious and well put together. A little out of my price range though but looks like a quality rack for those willing to spend the bucks for commercial qualty.

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Champion Power Rack

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000BYSM6?...0&linkCode=asn

I don't know anyone who has this rack but the specs on it seem pretty solid. 2 by 3 inch square tubing etc. Though it's a little too tall for my tastes. The price is okay but everywhere I go the shipping on it is horrible.
    dead link bro.

Originally Posted by KENKONG View Post
    dead link bro.
    It works for me.

Pioneer power rack

http://www.homefitnessequipment.org/...OD&ProdID=2114

2? x 3? bent tubing
    - UHMW plastic shielding to protect frame and bar
    - Pillow block bearings at all major rotation points
    - Self-aligning linear bearings with case hardened shafts where applicable
    - UHMW covered take offs
    - Rubber foot pads
    - Spotters platforms where needed
    - Gas assisted seat adjustments on most pieces
    - Minimal welds and bolts for a lifetime of abuse
    - Nylon inserts on all adjustments

Giant commercial rack

http://www.fitnessgiant.com/gicopora.html

11 Gauge Steel Multiple Rack Positions
    2x3 Steel tubed Uprights
    13 Rack Positions
    Built-in Knurled Chin-up Bar
    Great for Light Commercial Applications
    Can be Bolted to the floor for MAX stability
    14 re-enforcement plates
    91"Hx53"Wx55"L
    233lbs.
    That one's made by Yukon too,I guess they're OEM for a bunch of places.
    http://www.yukon-fitness.com/Merchan...ore_Code=yukon

York power cage

http://www.homefitnessequipment.org/...OD&ProdID=1935

Nice wide and deep rack with a very similar design to the nautilus rack. Not a bad price either.

Keys fitness power rack

http://www.afitnessequipment.com/key...ck-kps-pc.html

Good quality midrange rack from a trustworthy manufacturer.

http://www.home-gym-direct.com/p/max...ack-power-rack

Don't know the exact specs on this unit but it looks like a quality commercial grade rack. Which is what I have always come to expect from maxicam.

York power cage

http://www.homefitnessequipment.org/...OD&ProdID=1935

Nice wide and deep rack with a very similar design to the nautilus rack. Not a bad price either.
    It's $680 more for the selectorized lat though.I almost got 1 for free,but the guy didn't want to wait 4 hours for me to drive to N.Y. city because a guy 10 miles from him wanted it too.

Keys fitness power rack

http://www.afitnessequipment.com/key...ck-kps-pc.html

Good quality midrange rack from a trustworthy manufacturer.
    Keys makes awesome stuff but their customer service sucks,either that or they just don't like me. LOL
    Very nice j-hooks,singles on the back and double sided on the front,you don't see that often.

http://www.home-gym-direct.com/p/max...ack-power-rack

Don't know the exact specs on this unit but it looks like a quality commercial grade rack. Which is what I have always come to expect from maxicam.
    I've never seen a bad piece of equipment from Maxicam.
    Last edited by FERRUM_MAXIMUS; 08-04-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Gymtuff commerical grade power rack

http://www.gymcor.com/powercage.html

Elitefts customizable rack

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=167&pid=681

For those who want the works and have the deep pockets to back it up. Damn this design is nice with lots of potential add-ons. What gets me is the 1" hole spacings. There are SO many exercises such as behind the neck close grip presses etc where I could use these with. Oh the possiblilities.