__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lower back pain after ATG squats

I recently switched from normal squats to ATG squats. While I really like them, because I feel they are working my legs far better, I have a slight pain in my middle to lower back two days after the workout.

I read a lot about them and try to maintain a good form. I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. Is this a common problem when doing ATG squats the first time?

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your knees maybe going over your toe

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by killatiger View Post
    You are right, my knees are bit over my toes if I do the ATG squat to keep balance. If I do a regular squat this is not the case, because I have no balance issues. Do you think that is the reason for the back pain?

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by killatiger View Post
    Why the hell would his knees passing his toes cause back pain?

Originally Posted by __r View Post
    You are right, my knees are bit over my toes if I do the ATG squat to keep balance. If I do a regular squat this is not the case, because I have no balance issues. Do you think that is the reason for the back pain?
    Chances are you lack the flexibility to do full ATG squats without excessive lower back rounding. Go as low as you can while still maintaining an arch in your lower back. This probably won't be any lower than parallel or slightly below at first.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Originally Posted by knowles.ja View Post
    Chances are you lack the flexibility to do full ATG squats without excessive lower back rounding. Go as low as you can while still maintaining an arch in your lower back. This probably won't be any lower than parallel or slightly below at first.
    Thank you for suggestion, I will tell a friend to watch my back while I am doing squats to see if my back is rounding.