EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GNC Creatine Monohydrate

I've heard some terrible reviews of GNC's Creatine Monohydrate, so I decided to take part in my own endeavor with their supplement. Plus, the people at my nearby rite-aid always screw up so instead of costing me $40+, I got mine for $27.04 with tax.

Product:
    Unflavored, Creatine Monohydrate (2.2 lbs), 5g Per serving, 200 servings

First thought:
    I love new supplements any way I can get em' so this was a great feeling. Same old GNC label and Container.

1st test:
    When I got home, I weighed myself to see if I could get any noticeable results right away. I weighed 163 lbs. I took 2 teaspoons, 10 grams of creatine, with 16 oz. (2 cups) of water and cranberry Juice. Then after about 15 minutes, I drank another glass of water. I sat down, hacked some security camera's with google, and fiddled around for about 30 minutes. I went into to weigh myself and I had jumped from 163 to 166! and yes, I realize this is entirely water weight. I'm not a retard here gentlemen (and ladies) =p

Side Effects:
    Were basically no side effects, no aftertaste or anything, dissolved pretty nicely too. I did however have a slight bloat feeling for about 5 minutes and then it dissipated.

Plan:
    The initial plan is to take about 20g of creatine tomorrow, and then workout on Monday. I don't believe that it will have any effect on my strength since I will have only been taking it for 2 days, however I'll report back regardless.
    Last edited by EVILGOOSEY; 08-02-2008 at 11:11 PM.
    The best way to predict your future is to create it - Abe Lincoln

EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EVILGOOSEY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest/Biceps Workout

The unfortunate part of this survey is that I have no idea if I have gotten stronger on my own or if this creatine has helped, but regardless I worked out on the ultra-cushy nautilus benches, where I was unable to push up even 3 reps of 225, 2 weeks ago, and today my final set was 230x4 with probably another 2 reps left in me. I dislike the cushy benches because I feel like I can't really put my all into a lift when I'm lying on something so...comfy =D

Besides the strength aspect, I was in fact able to work out much harder without nearly as much lactic acid building up in my muscles. So I would say that it definitely aids in endurance.

Remember, it has only been 3 days loading with this creatine, so it may be something else helping me. (i.e psychological). I will continue using this creatine for the next few months and will keep updating this post.
    The best way to predict your future is to create it - Abe Lincoln

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EVILGOOSEY View Post

Besides the strength aspect, I was in fact able to work out much harder without nearly as much lactic acid building up in my muscles. So I would say that it definitely aids in endurance.
    endurance? do you even know the first thing about creatine. Do some more research before buying more supplements.

Shikaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Help Needed

lately i have bought a gnc creatine monohydrate unflavored 1000g from a pharmacy in my country , but the sealing was transparent "not the black gnc pattern + when i opened the cap i did not find any paper sticked to be removed"

my question is "if this is normal or not?" as i am afraid that this creatine is not original and fake.

conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shikaz View Post
    lately i have bought a gnc creatine monohydrate unflavored 1000g from a pharmacy in my country , but the sealing was transparent "not the black gnc pattern + when i opened the cap i did not find any paper sticked to be removed"

my question is "if this is normal or not?" as i am afraid that this creatine is not original and fake.
    I would consult someone from GNC to see if they have changed the packaging for the product. If they confirm the change, no need to worry, if not, I would discontinue using and return the product if possible.

While the idea is common sense, I hope it helps.
    "The body is a beautiful thing, it shuts you down before you die. It's only after you shut down and feel like dying that you realize how alive you feel...so go on and lift some more...and make sure its heavy."

conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jando View Post
    endurance? do you even know the first thing about creatine. Do some more research before buying more supplements.
    His claim to improved endurance is nothing that should be laughed at. If you understood the process the body uses in conjunction with creatine, you would find that endurance improvement claims are plausible. Having used creatine monohydrate numerous times for applications both of the power lifting and overall conditioning variety, short term explosive strength increases as well as endurance improvements can occur depending on the application the product is being used in.
    "The body is a beautiful thing, it shuts you down before you die. It's only after you shut down and feel like dying that you realize how alive you feel...so go on and lift some more...and make sure its heavy."

When using creatine monohydrate, be sure to load for a week before embarking on a cycle. At least 20-25gs for the first 5-7 days, and then 2.5-5gs everyday following you loading week. Creatine is most effective when used with a high consumption of water as water is essential in the process in which the body undergoes in order to make use of creatine in the body. You will more than likely see improved results in your lifting. Depending on the type of lifting you do, strength or endurance may be more apparent, but the likelihood of both improving is highly unlikely. Should both improve, it is probably due to your body developing as a result of your previous training.

Hope that helps.

Help - Needed

Originally Posted by conceptvirgo View Post
    I would consult someone from GNC to see if they have changed the packaging for the product. If they confirm the change, no need to worry, if not, I would discontinue using and return the product if possible.

While the idea is common sense, I hope it helps.
    i did contact gnc via email and they did not reply which made me really mad ! as support is one of the most important things i like in companies.

thats why am here asking you guys if this is normal or not and if any of you has experienced the same thing with the creatine monohyrate 1000g from gnc.

again my question is "i have bought it and the seal was transparent not gnc pattern on it + when i opened the cap i did not find any paper sticked on to be removed !" is that normal with creatine 1000g unflavored from gnc or not."

thanks again

EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    this should probably go in supp logs section, but good review, im curious to see how things turn out
    MUST GET SWOLE

***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112656931 <<<workout journal (post in it for greenz)

"The best style, is no style" Bruce Lee

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your body" Stan McQuay

read it, post,question, etc. ^^

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

at the risk of continuing a hijack...

i did contact gnc via email and they did not reply which made me really mad ! as support is one of the most important things i like in companies.

thats why am here asking you guys if this is normal or not and if any of you has experienced the same thing with the creatine monohyrate 1000g from gnc.

again my question is "i have bought it and the seal was transparent not gnc pattern on it + when i opened the cap i did not find any paper sticked on to be removed !" is that normal with creatine 1000g unflavored from gnc or not."

thanks again
    Many times when a container has that 'outer seal' they dont use one inside...

Having said that,
    If you're that concerned it would be better to take it back and ask them f2f...

rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i use gnc creatine mono and get great results. i dont know what so many people have against gnc

timallen74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    monohydrate is cheap that's the good point ...

Originally Posted by timallen74 View Post
    monohydrate is cheap that's the good point ...
    Definitely, I'd go out on a limb and say its probably one of the best "bang for your buck" supplements. Definitely a good beginner supplement as well in my opinion because it has no major side-effects, its cheap, and it yields fair results if used properly.

Originally Posted by justboo2u View Post
    Many times when a container has that 'outer seal' they dont use one inside...

Having said that,
    If you're that concerned it would be better to take it back and ask them f2f...
    so did you experience that before with GNC creatine ?

JJBuildingBulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks again
    i didnt have an inner paper seal with mine. i bought it directly from GNC: unflavored 1000g creatine monohydrate

muscledork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a good article I found on the different types bodybuildingweb.net/blog/best-creatine/