is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Vegetable protien

should you count the protien in vegetables? E.I. 1c broccoli has 2.
    Workout Journal: Train with Layne

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111309721
    -------------------------------------------------
    Motivation-Layne Norton
    Can you walk after leg day???
    Psalm 73:25
    Whom have I in heaven but thee and besides thee I desire nothing on earth.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ice-T4444 View Post
    should you count the protien in vegetables? E.I. 1c broccoli has 2.
    Personal choice really - some do, some don't. Even though it may be incomplete, you are likely covering the lacking aminos from other sources thus complementing it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hell no. Counting the calories, carbs, or anything else from vegetables is ridiculous, because you would have to eat so much for it to be anything but beneficial that your stomach would probably explode.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RawPower28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LOL, dude, no. How many times do people have to post that non-animal products do not contain all the essential amino acids [protein] which means its crappy for muscle building and there isn't very much of it anyways. Broccoli is not apart of a muscle building diet.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by in10bcity;20[0682851
    Even though it may be incomplete, you are likely covering the lacking aminos from other sources thus complementing it.
    I'm not sure if people are illiterate or retarded, so I thought I better quote for emphasis.

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RawPower28 View Post
    Broccoli is not apart of a muscle building diet.
    That's... just stupid.

Just because something is not key source of protein doesn't make it not a part of a muscle building diet. It provides vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, all of which are great for you. It doesn't mean you should replace your other foods with broccoli, but eating it is not going to hurt your muscle building ability.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Personal choice really - some do, some don't. Even though it may be incomplete, you are likely covering the lacking aminos from other sources thus complementing it.
    And since you are a Layne Norton fan... What would Layne do?

It really will end up being a small tally, but the choice is yours.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/89/54/
    Myth: "Don't count incomplete protein sources toward your total protein intake."

The real deal: An incomplete protein source is defined as a food lacking in one or more amino acid. I believe this myth came about in response to research that concluded that when certain amino acids are deficient in the diet, skeletal muscle protein synthesis can be inhibited. This is very unlikely to be a problem for the typical bodybuilder as the condition would only manifest itself if he or she ate a diet that was predominately based on a certain food that was deficient in an amino acid over a few days, not meal to meal. Additionally, most bodybuilders consume a complete source of protein at almost every meal because any animal product will contain the complete spectrum of amino acids. Even if one consumed an incomplete protein source at a meal there's no way a decrease in protein synthesis would occur so long as a complete protein source was consumed with this meal. One should therefore absolutely count incomplete protein sources toward their total protein intake since they're consuming the full spectrum of amino acids over the range of their entire diet.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RawPower28 View Post
    LOL, dude, no. How many times do people have to post that non-animal products do not contain all the essential amino acids [protein] which means its crappy for muscle building and there isn't very much of it anyways. Broccoli is not apart of a muscle building diet.
    Eventhough protein from vegetable sources is incomplete, you can get all the amino acids by eating a variety of plants
    eg nuts, seeds, grains

Vegetarians are not amino-acid deficient.

is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)  is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    And since you are a Layne Norton fan... What would Layne do?

It really will end up being a small tally, but the choice is yours.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/89/54/

I was counting it so im glad im Following in the steps of my idol
    Workout Journal: Train with Layne

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111309721
    Motivation-Layne Norton
    Can you walk after leg day???
    Psalm 73:25
    Whom have I in heaven but thee and besides thee I desire nothing on earth.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I was counting (and cutting) I would just lump all fibrous veg into one estimate of macros/cup (I'd eat a load of several different veg at each meal). At over 2lb/day of fibrous veg the protein does add up (20+g) so I'd count it. Some fibrous veg has quite a high protein to carb ratio (asparagus is one I can think of).

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some of you guys are just retarded. If you are counting calories or macro-nutrients at all you count everything, otherwise your count isn't accurate. Nitwits.

dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dogonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Eventhough protein from vegetable sources is incomplete, you can get all the amino acids by eating a variety of plants
    eg nuts, seeds, grains

Vegetarians are not amino-acid deficient.
    X2. I personally don't count the protein because many lack the essential amino acids needed to build muscle (leuicine, isoleucine and valine). Nuts are a good choice though.