cmb28270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dumbbell curl or barbell curl

Which exercise better targets the biceps? It seems like I can easily do dumbbell curls but struggle like crazy when I try to lift with the same weight on a barbell. Why is that?

qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50) qweasd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cmb28270 View Post
    Which exercise better targets the biceps? It seems like I can easily do dumbbell curls but struggle like crazy when I try to lift with the same weight on a barbell. Why is that?
    work your foreamrs and gain strenght in wrist joint .
    dumbbels feel more natural but barbell curls are useful like hell . number one excercis for biceps .

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cmb28270 View Post
    IMO, a combination of both.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itzfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you're problem most likely lies in your form. Do you swing the weight? Can you DB curl the same weight if both dbs are being lifted at the same time? I think BB Curls are better for strength. DB curls would be better for symmetry and size. You can focus more on the DB movements and, thus, get better Mind-Muscle connection to stimulate growth.

There isn't a real answer for this. Your body will respond differently to an exercise then mine will.

firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what kind of dumbbell curls? what kind of barbell curls? theres many variations...need more info

i like barbell curls for overall mass building (straight bar, shoulder width grip) because i can go very heavy and cheat the last 2 or 3 while keeping form.
    i would look at your form more than anything, with a barbell curl, its somewhat easier to master, just keep your elbows at your hips, go all the way down, squeeze all the way up, your arms are more rigid due to being connected with the bar...
    but with dumbbell-type curls, there is kind of more room for slop. but again, keep your elbows at your hips, all the way up, and all the way down, minimal swinging, elbow movement, shoulder movement, etc.
    2012 Sponsored 3DMJ athlete
    3dmusclejourney.com
    ********.com/NaturalFirmanator
    Lifetime natural bodybuilder...seeking a pro card
    Phil 4:13 "i can do everything through him who gives me strength"

firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmanator is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by itzfrank View Post
    You can focus more on the DB movements and, thus, get better Mind-Muscle connection to stimulate growth.
    sorry, i LOLed cuz this didnt really make sense, maybe you just worded it wrong?
    you use your mind for every lift, its a matter of will power and mind strength, not what lift you do...
    3dmusclejourney.com

UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Definitely use both. The barbell curl is supposed to be the best overall bicep builder. The DBs seem to give me more of a peak, especially incline db curls.
    Rugby is better...

Still admirin Xmas brah? BaSsSiKk's Avatar
    BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BaSsSiKk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Both work together. Don't neglect one or the other. Underhand grip chins in my opinion are best.

healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy stunna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    IMO, a combination of both.
    x2...
    methyl ripped
    wheybolic extreme 60
    novedex xt
    sp250
    sizeon

effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) effec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    either one as long as you go for full supination.

IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronJones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should be lifting more weight using a barbell then you can with a single dumbbell.
    Say if you curl 30lbs using a dumbbell, you should be curling more weight using a barbell with both arms.
    Lol one arm barbell, that just pop in my mind.

I remember watching a video from this site that talks about barbell curls being a great mass builder.

yes use both....
    arnold said he always did at least one bicep curl during bicep days where it would have a full supinating (twisting) motion to get the best overall development.
    3dmusclejourney.com