Thread: Tabata Training

Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tabata Training

Out of curiosity, how many here have tried tabata training as a regular form of cardio? Did you see the results you expected to see? Reason I ask is I am thinking of incorporating some into my lifting routine 2 or 3 times a week as part of my cardio and wonder whether this really does burn as much fat as its hyped up to be.

Article for information on tabata training
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=490160
    BRB... cutting for 12 weeks

Bench: 145kg (320lbs) x 1 <<< NEW PR August, 2009
    Deadlift: 210kg (463lbs) x 1 <<< NEW PR December, 2009
    ATG Squat: 165kg (364bs) x 1 <<< NEW PR December, 2009

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well its a valid form of cardio. Its hard and it works but there's no magic involved

I train my friend who's an amateur boxer with it and the results are awesome, more so in performance but of course with a good diet you will get good fat loss results. And its always something I use to get him down to weight.

Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sweet thanks a lot. I'll give it a go anyway and see how things go. I'm pretty consistent with diet and what not. Just need something to give myself a bit of a kick in the ass to keep getting my body fat down.
    BRB... cutting for 12 weeks

Bench: 145kg (320lbs) x 1 <<< NEW PR August, 2009
    Deadlift: 210kg (463lbs) x 1 <<< NEW PR December, 2009
    ATG Squat: 165kg (364bs) x 1 <<< NEW PR December, 2009

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you think this would be too taxing at the end of a workout? I do one bodypart a week and usually 24-30 work sets in under an hour. I would probably do it on shoulder day and leg day even though I have trouble walking out the gym on my current leg day. Thoughts anyone?

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by killatiger View Post
    Do you think this would be too taxing at the end of a workout? I do one bodypart a week and usually 24-30 work sets in under an hour. I would probably do it on shoulder day and leg day even though I have trouble walking out the gym on my current leg day. Thoughts anyone?
    I get my friend to do it at the end but only because I like to tax his endurance when he's weak.