Thread: 3 Hour Workout?

devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Hour Workout?

Hey guys. Been working out for about a year now and I would like some help.
    I am not to sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I would like to workout for about 3hrs if not more. I usually only workout for around 1 hr with minimal cardio. I know cardio will extend the duration of my workouts.

My question is would doing this hurt me in the long run?

A typical chest workout is...

3 sets of 8-10 rep bench press of 200lb weight
    3 sets of 20 push-ups
    3 sets of 8-10 rep butterflys (dunno if thats the right name)

and thats about all I can do due to lack of equipment.

If I were to increase my sets of each exercise by around 2-3 would that benefit me?

Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why are your workouts 3+ hours without that many working sets? How long are your rest periods in between sets? IMO, your workout (cardio aside, the weightlifting) shouldn't last more than an hour.

ssfinalkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssfinalkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssfinalkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssfinalkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssfinalkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he said he would like to workout for 3 hours right now he does an hour. Well first off you only need 30 min to 45 min for a good workout. Anything over an hour is gonna be overdoing it. And why would you want to workout for 3 hours? not even the pros do that. My chest workout is this
    4 sets incline bench
    4 sets flat bench
    3 sets incline flys
    3 sets flat flys
    2 sets declne flys
    and then i do vup's, knee raises and crunches and the whole workout with abs only last about 45 min. I rest 1 to 1:30 min between each set. My longest workout is legs which last an hour. So again why do you need an hour workout?

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by devilsedge View Post
    Hey guys. Been working out for about a year now and I would like some help.
    I am not to sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I would like to workout for about 3hrs if not more. I usually only workout for around 1 hr with minimal cardio. I know cardio will extend the duration of my workouts.

My question is would doing this hurt me in the long run?

A typical chest workout is...

3 sets of 8-10 rep bench press of 200lb weight
    3 sets of 20 push-ups
    3 sets of 8-10 rep butterflys (dunno if thats the right name)

and thats about all I can do due to lack of equipment.

If I were to increase my sets of each exercise by around 2-3 would that benefit me?
    1 word - Cortisol.

Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3+ hours is way too much man. Keep it to under an hour.
    Bench-255x2
    Squat-290x5
    Deads-310x3

Goals:
    Bench-300
    Squat-350
    Deads-400
    175-180lbs, 8% BF

Springfield-Al has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 hr workout is a bit overwhelming AT ONE-TIME my suggestion is that you split it up if you can maybe in the mouring cario for 30 minutes and in the evening 1 hour to 1.5 hour of wieghts and if you can 20 mins. of cardio again if you are looking to cut wieght; you can split it up anyway you want just a suggestion but 3hrs is to much at one time you will potentially over-train yourself. So good luck keep it up youll get there.
    Dan

devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilsedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I figured that working out for that long was over kill. Its just I don't really have anything to do this summer all I do is play games since most of my friends are gone on vacation and I would like to do something productive.

convulsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) convulsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) convulsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) convulsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) convulsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 hour workouts will make you very hardcore and badass.
    "When all is said and done after many days of fighting you become enriched with power and revered by your friends and enemies alike. You will owe thanks to no one because you have inherited what was already yours to begin with." --Machine

hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hitongirls is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't overtrain...

austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honestly, I think your setting your standards way too low.

If you really want that Guiness Book of World Records citation, with your name next to the caption, "Longest workout ever". Then you seriously need to revamp your plan.

10 hour workouts. At least. That will condition you to hit that 36 hour workout that might get you into the record books, good luck my friend.

hahaha no need to be a bunch of jack asses. All I do is sit around and play ****in video games all summer since all my friends are gone on vacation and the ones that aren't are too busy doing drugs to know wtf is going on.

I just wanted to do something productive with my time so I figured asking wouldn't hurt

rez91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey im no pro at lifting infact i juz got started...i made alot of mistakes thus far and one of dem was to do 3hrs worth of lifting in the gym abt thrice a week.. guess what aftr three weeks i felt smaller and looked smaller!! thou some of the body fats did burn off which was the only gd thing...now tat i stick to 1hr lifting sessions i feel much better plus i see more improvement...it's abt the quality not the quantity!..
    anyways good luck with our body transformation!
    =)

buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you have access to a commercial gym? It would behoove you to pay for one so you can have access to all the equipment necessary to train effectively. If you don't have the money, make a case to your parents on why they should pay for it (mention your friends on drugs). Get started doing a fullbody workout with squats, deadlifts, etc! Good luck.

A 3 hour workout is not productive.

Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000) Akimoto is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by austintx26 View Post
    Honestly, I think your setting your standards way too low.

If you really want that Guiness Book of World Records citation, with your name next to the caption, "Longest workout ever". Then you seriously need to revamp your plan.

10 hour workouts. At least. That will condition you to hit that 36 hour workout that might get you into the record books, good luck my friend.
    What makes me want to give up on human kind is that someone will inevitably read this and think it is a good idea.

austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) austintx26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Akimoto View Post
    What makes me want to give up on human kind is that someone will inevitably read this and think it is a good idea.
    To prevent that perhaps I should state to all that I was being sarcastic

willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willwigg3477 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by devilsedge View Post
    hahaha no need to be a bunch of jack asses. All I do is sit around and play ****in video games all summer since all my friends are gone on vacation and the ones that aren't are too busy doing drugs to know wtf is going on.

I just wanted to do something productive with my time so I figured asking wouldn't hurt
    why dont ya try getting a job? Just putting the idea on the table

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why stop at 3 hours? How about 4-6 hour long workouts? Now you're really working the muscle!
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    Why stop at 3 hours? How about 4-6 hour long workouts? Now you're really working the muscle!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

co sign this the pump would be awesome!!!!!

lmao..... 1 hr in the gym + cardio is all you need

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    3 hour workouts are generally only for the highly advanced and chemically assisted lifters. If you are training naturally then I suggest never training longer than 90 minutes or you are asking for trouble.

SuperChargedGT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 for the job!