P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Steps Forward and 2 steps back (Progressive overload)

3 steps forward and 2 steps back is a workout routine I developed myself. It's my own personal workout plan I've been using for the past year to break through a plateau or to reach a higher level of strength and muscle development. I have written this article to share my ideas and workout plan, maybe this information can be useful for beginners or lifters who are finding it difficult to reach their goals.

The concept of this routine is based on progressive overload, progressive overload has been proven for decades to be the foundation of any successful workout program. Without progressive overload strength and muscle gains will come at a much slower rate. In this article I'm going to explain in detail a few basic tips that will help you develop a stronger understanding on how the body adapts to small changes and hopefully I can inspire you to adapt some of my techniques into your own workout routine to improve your overall performance.

EXPLANATION:

The 3 steps Forward and 2 Steps back routine heavily relies on progressive overload and the ability for your body to slowly adapt to the changes so it can stimulate strength gains and muscle development.

You will be adding small amount of weight each workout for 3 consecutive workouts then you will reduce the weight from 2 workouts back. To make sure you understand correctly I will explain in detail.

You will be using this program with the 5 main compound lifts, but in theory you can use it with any lift or machine that utilizes weights as resistance.

Squat.

Deadlift.

Overhead Press/ military press.

Bent Over Rows.

Bench press.

Each workout add 0.5-1.0kg (1lb-2lb) do this consecutively for 3 workouts, that is what the 3 steps forward in the title suggests. You will be writing down the weight increments and logging them as you progress so you can easily keep track of how much weight you're adding. After you have added weight to the bar 3 times, you will start the process again by removing 2 of those 3 steps. For example, you take 3 steps forward adding 3.0kg (6lb) then the next workout you will take two steps back, so you will remove 2.0kg (4lb).

Each time you take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back you're progressing by one step. Your body will adapt to this very fast, it's very important not to jump the gun and start adding large amounts of weight because over time, the weight will add up to a significant amount and adding weight too fast too soon will damage your long term results. This program is a progressive program it relies on slow and steady improvements to yield the maximum results possible.

Picture it this way. You are at the bottom of a large building, the elevator is broken and you'll need to slowly trek up one step at a time to reach the top, the distance is far too great to accomplish this all at once, you would get tired and collapse. What do you do? Your friend underestimates the distance and races up but becomes exhausted and collapses half way, you slowly pace it one step at a time giving your body the time to adapt to the task ahead, you take twice as long to reach the halfway mark but your friend has collapsed and cannot continue, you continue and although it takes you twice as long to reach the point he collapsed at you end up making it to the top of the building while your friend remains stuck halfway and unable to continue.

The 3 steps forward and 2 steps back routine is a very basic strength and conditioning overload program. You will begin the program by having a rough idea of your 1RM (One Rep Max) Once you have an idea of your maximum strength load before you begin the program you need to decide a starting weight based on your personal strength limits. Try and choose a weight you are moderately comfortable at achieving between 8-15 reps.

Keep in mind, this program heavily relies on progressive overload so you will be adding weight to the bar frequently, try to avoid starting at a weight that you will reach a plateau before you have progressed significantly. If the weight feels too light don't worry, starting at a lighter weight is recommended. Your body does not understand how heavy the weight is, only your brain does. If the weight is too heavy and you notice you're reaching your strength limit very fast, you need to drop the weight and start at a more moderate intensity.

The lighter the weight the more potential you have when it comes to gaining strength and muscle. Your body will slowly adapt and weight that once felt heavy will easily feel light after just a few months of this program.

PROGRESSION:

When starting a workout program many beginners get caught up in smaller details that make things confusing and complicated. Don't worry about the sets, the reps or the amount of time it takes you to complete your workout. Concentrate on adding weight to the bar each workout and completing as many reps and as many sets as you can, log your workouts so you have evidence of your progression. If you're adding weight to the bar you're progressing and if you're progressing that's all that matters.

THEORY:

Many studies over the decades have proven that progressive overload is the foundation of strength and muscle conditioning for athletes, bodybuilders and seasonal lifters. Progressive overload works by slowly increasing greater resistance over long periods of time. Your body adapts to these changes and a by-product of the adaption process is an increase in muscle mass and a significant increase in strength. The results an individual may experience vary depending on many factors. Diet, frequency, age and experience are just among a few.

OVERVIEW:

A)

Your goal is to progressively add small amounts of weight over a long period of time, as a by-product you will develop strength and muscle.

B)

Keep your workouts simple, use a variety of compound movements, focus on adding and removing weight progressively.

C)

Adding and dropping weight frequently is what makes this program work. Don't get caught up in how much you're lifting, how many sets you're doing, how many reps and how heavy you are lifting, concentrate on adding weight to the bar and taking weight off the bar, if you follow this simple guideline you will notice considerable strength and muscle gains in under a year.

D)

When you take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back, at the beginning of each repetition of this cycle, you're progressing by one step.

-----------------------------
    Disclaimer:

The information provided in this article is my intellectual property and belongs to the author of this article. You are free to copy, upload, and share this information as long as the article remains unedited and credit is given to the original author (me)

It is a violation of copyright to sell, publish, edit or claim this article as your own in an attempt to profit from or gain recognition as an independent source without first consulting the original author.

Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds good, but in the end there are multiple roads that lead to Rome. Changes in your workouts simply brake plateaus.
    www.********.com/Danovic89