Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cardio At Night...when Should I Stop Eating?

I know doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is best...But I workout after work at about 9PM till 10:30 or so...I am doing cardio following my workout and am currently carb cycling...At what time would you recommend my last meal before I do cardio for burninig fat? And what should my last meal before I do cardio conisist of? Should it be like protein and veggies, or protein and carbs? I heard that in order for the body to use fat as fuel, you should wait at least 3 hrs after your last meal for cardio to be effective.

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone?

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cota0429 View Post
    I know doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is best...But I workout after work at about 9PM till 10:30 or so...I am doing cardio following my workout and am currently carb cycling...At what time would you recommend my last meal before I do cardio for burninig fat? And what should my last meal before I do cardio conisist of? Should it be like protein and veggies, or protein and carbs? I heard that in order for the body to use fat as fuel, you should wait at least 3 hrs after your last meal for cardio to be effective.
    I would like to firstly point out that cardio on an empty stomach is actually not as good as cardio after pre workout meal. (READ the sticky in the exersize section by Alan Aragon)

You need carbs before your cardio in order to fule your body so it can make it through the workout. You need carbs after your cardio and workout to restore your glucose/glycegen stores.

Doesnt matter what time you workout, you should always follow pre/post workout protocal.

If you are only doing cardio, you may be able to very the rules a tiny bit (I am not positive about this) depending on the amount/intensity of the cardio.