Thread: Hair extensions

Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hair extensions

I have been considering getting hair extensions in the spring as kind of a reward for my hard work. My hair is really think on top but in the back it's super thin and just does not grow. The top actually grows faster than the bottom.

My daughter is a Cosmotologist so I could get extensions really cheap. I'm wondering if anyone else has done it and if it's worth it?? It sounds like it could be a pain but it would really be nice to have longer hair for a change.

Kymn~

BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BFIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have never tried extensions, but my friend just got some for her birthday which was on Friday. They looked really good on her and she really likes having long hair(her hair was shoulder length).
    http://********.com/brenaldaba

Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mercedez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had hair extentions...and after I took them out...my hair was so thin!!! JUst becareful!!
    You are what you eat!!

brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brooke08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you're not sure about permanent ones, buy/make some clip-ins!
    i made my own once, and they actually came out really nice... buy the real hair so you can dye it to match and curl it if you want, along with some of the little snap-clips (they will be right next to the extensions in any beauty supply store). then just cut them into 2-3 inch sections, double them up, and sew them to the clips. fun to have the option of long hair sometimes... mine just isn't thick enough to grow out here's a pic of them in... keep in mind my hair is actually only about to my shoulders and pretty fine/thin! (lol, this was at halloween)

edit.. oops... don't know how to imbed?

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Clip on ones are great to try and can look really natural. Like mentioned above, be very careful getting them. A friend of mine gets hers done and she has to have them re-done a lot. They are also a bitch to comb out too (at least the extensions she has are)
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brooke08 View Post
    if you're not sure about permanent ones, buy/make some clip-ins!
    i made my own once, and they actually came out really nice... buy the real hair so you can dye it to match and curl it if you want, along with some of the little snap-clips (they will be right next to the extensions in any beauty supply store). then just cut them into 2-3 inch sections, double them up, and sew them to the clips. fun to have the option of long hair sometimes... mine just isn't thick enough to grow out here's a pic of them in... keep in mind my hair is actually only about to my shoulders and pretty fine/thin! (lol, this was at halloween)

edit.. oops... don't know how to imbed?

Oh that looks really pretty and a great idea! Thanks for sharing that! ( I don't know how to imbed either.)

Kymn~

Originally Posted by LoveCode3 View Post
    Clip on ones are great to try and can look really natural. Like mentioned above, be very careful getting them. A friend of mine gets hers done and she has to have them re-done a lot. They are also a bitch to comb out too (at least the extensions she has are)
    Yes, that's what I was wondering about. The kind she does you actually attach to the hair by melting a bead type thing to your hair. They are not easy to comb out because you can't grab to the root. I was wondering how easy they are to sleep on too.

Thanks!

top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had hair extensions 4 times. They were REALLY REALLY expensive for me. I've had them put in all sorts of ways. I would say they are def worth it. They look so good.

Except, the only think I didn't like is you can't run a brush through your hair and they CAN get really knotty and out of control if you don't look after them. The last time I got mine taken out I didn't have any hair loss but times before this when I let it get to be a birds nest, I lost a fair bit of hair. I think mine got so knotty because I used to drive with the window open, hair blowing everywhere and also used to just chuck it up in a bun without brushing it when I was about to work out. So my point is you really need to put aside extra time to care for it.

Sleeping was never much of a problem. They feel a bit tight the first few days you have them in but it didnt bother me much.
    I have complete control over my body. What I eat and what I do reflect that. Nobody can stop my progress. I will continue my progress until my goals are met. Then from there I will need to achieve new goals to keep the forward progression of my mind, body, and soul. I motivate myself every day to work out, eat healthy, and live my life to the fullest.

Originally Posted by top_5_percent View Post
    I had hair extensions 4 times. They were REALLY REALLY expensive for me. I've had them put in all sorts of ways. I would say they are def worth it. They look so good.

Except, the only think I didn't like is you can't run a brush through your hair and they CAN get really knotty and out of control if you don't look after them. The last time I got mine taken out I didn't have any hair loss but times before this when I let it get to be a birds nest, I lost a fair bit of hair. I think mine got so knotty because I used to drive with the window open, hair blowing everywhere and also used to just chuck it up in a bun without brushing it when I was about to work out. So my point is you really need to put aside extra time to care for it.

Sleeping was never much of a problem. They feel a bit tight the first few days you have them in but it didnt bother me much.
    Thanks for that. : ) I think I'll wait until spring and check it out!

SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SlamDunkSam is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A big factor will have to do with how you put them in... keep in mind they can itch like CRAZY!

Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had Great Lenghts extensions in the past, I loved them. They were expensive, but they were pretty comfortable and looked amazing. The only I missed was being about to actually brush my hair like normal and touch my head, hah.
    Start - 220lbs Current - 134lbs. Workout journal - www.gotthatpma.com

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. " - Og Mandino