winstrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winstrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winstrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) winstrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pain on left side when doing bench press (pic inside)

Am having pain on my left side for some reason a bit on my chest and on my shoulder,the pain feels tight and like the muscle is trying to strech or something. I dont know if its a strained muscle or bad form cant see it being bad form tho because I have been doing bench for a while. Asking on here because I dont think I need to go the dr over it but then agen am unsure. Oh and this happened last week and today.even tho my bench is weak only 60 kg I could still feel pain at benching 30kg Pic where around the pain is
    Attached Images

ranjanrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    definitely rotorcuff is overloaded, you may injure yourself anyday! I had the same kind of pain in my left shoulder...i just ignored it and injured my rotor cuff while benching, i am off from lifting for 3 weeks now, it still hurts dunno when i will be fine!

Take a small break from lifting, else it is only going to worsen!
    Light weight baby!!

sphenoid12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This could be a number of things: sprain of pectoralis major or minor, sprain of anterior deltoid, tendonitis to attachments to the coracoid process (pec major/minor, biceps, coracobrachialis).

My recommendation, if you aren't going to go see a doctor, is to ice it at least 3 times a day for 20 minutes each time, using ice and not gel packs (they don't get as cold). A bag of frozen peas is ideal because they freeze and thaw in small bits and easily mold around your body. Use Aleve twice a day for 10 days, never on an empty stomach. It is superior to ibuprofen because it is longer lasting. Don't do any movements that elicit this pain. Stretch at least three times a day: arm across body, overhead tricep stretch, behind back, pulling on something and rotating your hips the same direction as your shoulder, circular arm swings, stand with your arms like you are in a cross and push through your arms through your fingertips away from your body and feel the stretch.

If the pain is not gone after 10 days, go to a doctor.