Thread: Cutting Pills

sav25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Cutting Pills

Hi all

This my first thread and i am new to the forum so apologies if this has already been covered somewhere else.

I recently purchased Tropicana Fitness 'Power Cuts' with the aim of shedding a bit of fat. I guess i was hoping for a miracle, to wake up and finally see some abs!

No such luck, and i have seen no cuts at all from these. I dont want to cheat life, by skipping cardio etc and rely on pills, but its getting tough. I cut as much fat and carbs from my diet as possible and workout (weights) 4 times a week (mon,tue,thu,fri) with a cardio/swim session on wednesday - yet i still always have a gut.

Any advice on alternative products or a way out of this problem would be great.

P.S - I used to stay trim when just doing weights, had a break (got lazy) and put on weight, and now it wont shift, even though i am trainign harder than before...

Cheers

Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would up the cardio to more times than just wed maybe every other day for 30 mins or so. personally I do 30 mins cardio after work outs mon,tues,thurs,fri and then do 45 mins on wed.
    The misconception is that one dies in the pursuit of their personal limits; in truth, they've found it.

Thanks Nose. I am quite worried about losing the muscle that i have worked hard to earn. Guess i need to find a medium somewhere.

PS - are you in the forces? Just noticed your location

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm betting the problem lies in your diet.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diet is the most important factor in your routine. but if you're looking to lower down your body fat and get ripped, dont miss skip your cardio at all. that'll

weight training is important as well to keep your body tone. Stick with LOW weights and HIGH reps.

You'll see some changes in no time. Goodluck!
    'S' on my CHEST
    (In Malaysia till 2011)

Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kaMp87 View Post
    Stick with LOW weights and HIGH reps.
    Why?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing necessarily, but here's some reading for anyone interested:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek8.htm
    Last edited by Wild_Weasel; 07-30-2008 at 05:43 AM.
    YGBSM

dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DIET. Most likely you still either arent getting enough calories (yes you need a bunch or your body tries to starve itself) or you are cheating with foods. Do you record your food on fitday or something?
    Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have"

An example of my daily diet.

Morning - PHD Pharma Whey shake with fruit

Mid Morning - Cottage cheese and boiled egg (white only)

Lunch - chicken breast or 2, veg. maybe some cockles

Afternoon - PHD Pharma Whey shake with fruit and cottage cheese

Dinner - some form of meat with veg

Post workout - jerky/cottage cheese with another Protein shake

Throughout the day i drink plenty of water

Any comments?

dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000) dbthorp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how many calories does that add up to? If you are eating too far below maintenece your body will not burn fat efficiently. Try to stay 250-300 below
    Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have"

Thats a lot of cottage cheese (especially if it's not the fat free kind). Where are the healthy fats at? I'm not sure off the top of my head how many cals that is, but if you start an account with http://www.thedailyplate.com, all you have to do is give it some basic height/weight info and it will give you a rough estimate of the cals you should be taking in for a given weight loss goal. Track your food and see how that goes for you.
    YGBSM

I run at the thought of eating fats...even good ones. I used to be quite chubby and the thought of eating fat seems crazy to me, although i do understand the benefits of the likes of nuts and peanut butter etc.

How much 'good fat' would you guy's add in and where - i have to be careful as i consider myself as someone with a slow metabolism?

As for the cottage cheese - month's of reading Men's Health has brainwashed me to eat this stuff often for its protein & caesin benefits and low level of fat.

Originally Posted by sav25 View Post
    I run at the thought of eating fats...even good ones. I used to be quite chubby and the thought of eating fat seems crazy to me, although i do understand the benefits of the likes of nuts and peanut butter etc.

How much 'good fat' would you guy's add in and where - i have to be careful as i consider myself as someone with a slow metabolism?

As for the cottage cheese - month's of reading Men's Health has brainwashed me to eat this stuff often for its protein & caesin benefits and low level of fat.
    Don't be afraid of fats. 60% of my daily calories come from fats (because I'm on a ketogenic diet).

Have a couple servings of almonds and a couple tbsp of natural peanut butter during the day. Cottage cheese is real good stuff, but you only need that casein before bed really. Protein from meat and such and whey protein shakes should take care of the rest.

And you probably don't have a slow metabolism. Carb sensitive maybe, eating at a maintenance level maybe, but I doubt you have a slow metabolism.
    YGBSM

MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MDizzle11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sav25 View Post

Peanut butter, olive oil, fish, salmon oil are all good fats.

I have 3 tablesspoons of peanut butter daily.
    I take 4-6 salmon oil capsules daily.
    I have salmon about twice a week.

I cut my calories anywhere from 500 on workout days to 1000 on rest days.
    I do cardio 4x a week, 2x 30 minutes, 2x 20 minutes.

I've lost 11 pounds but have gained muscle as well, so ive probably lost a few BF% points.
    July 2008: 182 lbs. 25% BF
    July 2009: 185 lbs. 20% BF
    Feb 2010: 190 lbs sub20%BF -GOAL
    July 2010: 185 lbs 15% BF- GOAL

Reps to vets

Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nose_tackle_66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes i am in the Army.
    I think I have managed to save most of my muscle while losing fat. I work out mon,tue,thurs,fri i do 6 sets with reps of 6,6,6,10,12,12 or something close to that. I have found personally that this allows me to go heavy for three sets and get lighter for the cutting aspect. It has worked for me so far you can check my bodyspace and see for yourself.
    The misconception is that one dies in the pursuit of their personal limits; in truth, they've found it.

Thanks for all your posts.

I am going to move my cottage cheese to the evenings

I will also undertake additional cardio on saturday and sunday so as not to impact on my weights day's.

On top of that, im going to hunt down some good natural peanut butter, almonds and flaxseed oil.

Il post back in the future with my progress.

Thank's again

Originally Posted by Nose_tackle_66 View Post
    yes i am in the Army.
    I think I have managed to save most of my muscle while losing fat. I work out mon,tue,thurs,fri i do 6 sets with reps of 6,6,6,10,12,12 or something close to that. I have found personally that this allows me to go heavy for three sets and get lighter for the cutting aspect. It has worked for me so far you can check my bodyspace and see for yourself.
    Thought you may be in the Army.

Just wanted to show my appreciation for what you are doing for us. It takes a lot of balls to do what you guys do.

I can't spell, bite me DavidNel's Avatar
    DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Personally, I eat CC in the morinings, and right before bed. Gets me started and keeps me well.

Deff get some more fats. They really fill you up! Also, try eating some lettuce with some low cal dressing. Should fill you up do.

Lastly, don't forget water!
    He who talks much does little.

Being tired is just a signal to try harder.