Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    MJ= Jordan, not Jackson mjfan12's Avatar
    mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont know if i want to carry my helmet around over there. they porobably have cheap lids there but should i trust my head to their safety standards?

i'll probably bring mine along.

i wear a helmet regardless of the law.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, for those that don't check it, he's got two new entries up on his website that he hasn't mentioned in this thread.

muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    Also, for those that don't check it, he's got two new entries up on his website that he hasn't mentioned in this thread.
    Thanks man..

Here's a few fight videos from some of the "smoker fights" we had here last weekend..

http://fightpassport.com/2008/10/fig...ger-muay-thai/
    www.FightPassport.com

muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) muaythaiguy99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, I'm trying to find other reviews of the place, and came upon a negative one. Basically the bad things were that it's not within walking distance of anything useful, and that they tried to charge her in advance for 2 months of training. Also, apparently there were complaints of all of a sudden having their accomadation prices raised. And they had to wait like fifteen minutes to do bag work.

Here's the page:
    http://www.anovelpath.com/index.php?...=125&Itemid=51
    It's within walking distance of NOTHING. The nearest 7-11 is about 3km away so you really need a motorbike here (which I don't have). That review even talks about how dangerous the motorbikes are here. In Phuket, I read that someone dies every second day via a motorbike crash.

As for the waiting 15 minutes to do bag work, I don't have that problem. However, I came here last year to check it out and and guy who was giving me a tour said exactly that "sometimes you can't get find a bag to hit". It's not that overpacked now though. I think they've done a pretty big expansion since then..

I'll have lots to talk about in my review though, that's for sure.
    www.FightPassport.com

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muaythaiguy99 View Post

I'll have lots to talk about in my review though, that's for sure.
    Any idea on when you'll have it ready?

Any idea on when you'll have it ready?
    The delay is due to the fact that I haven't really been able to train properly due to a sprained ankle. I'd say the final review will be up in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll be discussing my day to day training and I'll do little day trips over to Sinbi, Rawai, J. Prappa etc.
    www.FightPassport.com

RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you reckon I can find cheaper accomodation off tiger camp? Will it be hard to find? It'll will be my first time oversea's and ill be by myself, so Im highly expecting to get screwed :S

Idealy id like to find a camp in phuket that isnt so isolated where I can find decent accomodation, but Im going to take what i can get

Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RoryOC View Post
    Do you reckon I can find cheaper accomodation off tiger camp? Will it be hard to find? It'll will be my first time oversea's and ill be by myself, so Im highly expecting to get screwed :S

Idealy id like to find a camp in phuket that isnt so isolated where I can find decent accomodation, but Im going to take what i can get
    at 17:S
    when do you plan to go?
    will rep back with measly reps

Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's the mma like in Thailand with the Thai's? All the vids of mma stuff i've seen in Thailand have been of westeners doing it.
    Hai Guyz
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Drums123 View Post
    at 17:S
    when do you plan to go?
    next year, start of feb

I turn 18 and finish school next month, so I guess this is going to be my first forray into the big peoples world.

Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seraphil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll give you the rundown as I've been here for a bit(at Tiger).

-Don't get the meal plan, it ****in blows
    -There is no such thing as a wifi-hotspot at this camp
    -Do no get a tropical bungalow, a standard room will do. Budget is far too rudimentary for me and I don't like the prospect of sharing showers with tons of people. If you're here for more than a month, I recommend perhaps getting a house with a couple other guests.
    -The trainers are pretty much all pretty cool same goes with the guests, as long as you aren't a knob.
    -There are two decent restaurants nearby(walking distance) floralville and Mama's
    -By far the best place I've eaten around here is called the Anchor Inn, you'll need a motorbike to get there. They have some top notch western food and good portions. After a couple weeks of Thai food, I've grew quite sick of it and reverted to a more western diet.
    -You will lose weight here, no matter what... unless you're juicing. Lots of guys are on gear as its really easy to obtain.
    -I highly recommend private lessons as well, 20 or so bucks an hour... well worth it.
    -Don't be surprised if you spend more than you expect, **** here adds up real quick.
    -Last but not least, Thai women are freaking aggressive.... if they want your nuts youll know real quick.
    Lex Talionis

Originally Posted by Seraphil View Post

-Do no get a tropical bungalow, a standard room will do. Budget is far too rudimentary for me and I don't like the prospect of sharing showers with tons of people. If you're here for more than a month, I recommend perhaps getting a house with a couple other guests.
    -The trainers are pretty much all pretty cool same goes with the guests, as long as you aren't a knob.
    -There are two decent restaurants nearby(walking distance) floralville and Mama's
    -By far the best place I've eaten around here is called the Anchor Inn, you'll need a motorbike to get there. They have some top notch western food and good portions. After a couple weeks of Thai food, I've grew quite sick of it and reverted to a more western diet.
    -You will lose weight here, no matter what... unless you're juicing. Lots of guys are on gear as its really easy to obtain.
    -I highly recommend private lessons as well, 20 or so bucks an hour... well worth it.
    -Don't be surprised if you spend more than you expect, **** here adds up real quick.
    -Last but not least, Thai women are freaking aggressive.... if they want your nuts youll know real quick.
    Thanks for the info.

What about the private tropical bungalows? I think they're the most expensive ones, and I might want one of those if I go, since I may not be coming alone...

I'm kind of disappointed with the wi-fi too.

Thanks for the info.

What about the private tropical bungalows? I think they're the most expensive ones, and I might want one of those if I go, since I may not be coming alone...

I'm kind of disappointed with the wi-fi too.
    To be honest, paying 22,000 baht a month for a room in Thailand is insane by Thai standards. But around the camp, you don't really have many options and if you're willing to drop the cash on a nice room, there's a bungalow complex across the street from the camp that is VERY nice.

I just had a look at my buddies place who's staying there and it's like a mini house. He said it was an extra 1000 baht more than the tropical bungalows at Tiger but that it was much nicer. And good news .. the place has high speed WIFI as well.
    www.FightPassport.com

To be honest, paying 22,000 baht a month for a room in Thailand is insane by Thai standards. But around the camp, you don't really have many options and if you're willing to drop the cash on a nice room, there's a bungalow complex across the street from the camp that is VERY nice.

I just had a look at my buddies place who's staying there and it's like a mini house. He said it was an extra 1000 baht more than the tropical bungalows at Tiger but that it was much nicer. And good news .. the place has high speed WIFI as well.
    I've got plenty of time to plan, but I'm pretty torn about going cheaper or more expensive. On one hand, I don't mind paying more, as long as I get more.

Also, a private room might have to happen, as the girlfriend might want to tag-a-long. I actually hope she doesn't end up coming, as she wouldn't be doing anything there anyways, and another $1500 for a plane ticket would be a stupid purchase. If I was just going myself, I might just get a cheap room for most of the time, who knows. Right now it's a "I want to go and I'm bored at work, so I'll plan" kind of deal.

Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000) Maine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Seraphil View Post

$20 an hour for privates is quite outrageous compared to some of the other Thai gyms in the area. Sinbi is $35 for 6 hours, 1 hour per day.
    Hai Guyz
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    $20 an hour for privates is quite outrageous compared to some of the other Thai gyms in the area. Sinbi is $35 for 6 hours, 1 hour per day.
    Have you been to Sinbi? If so, how was it?

Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    To be honest, before I came here to Phuket, I've yet to see any other Muay Thai gyms inplement the western concept of "privates". Every other gym I go to, there's no need to pay extra for a "private session" because included in the general cost of training is plenty of one-on-one time with the trainers.

I suppose I can't really judge it as I haven't actually paid the "private" fee and experienced what the difference is but at a lot of the other gyms, you get to work one-on-one with the trainer to the point of exhaustion.

That being said, I should note that with the general cost of training here (TMT), you do get one-on-one padwork time with a trainer at some point during the workout. You get 3 rounds, while the standard from what I've experienced in Thailand is 5. However, the 3 rounds that you DO get are actually very good. I've worked with 3 different trainers thus far and they've all been SICK pad-holders.
    www.FightPassport.com

Had my very first Muay Thai session last night. And I'm jealous of you. Class was about 40-45 minutes, with 10 or so minutes of jump rope and sit ups. So about 30 minutes of striking, divided by 2 (had to hold the heavy bag), so 15 minutes.

And since I'm out of shape, even that made me want to throw up a few times.

Also, class was about 15-20 people, with 1 trainer.

I'm going to try out a couple more places before I decide on where to go. I might even end up going to a couple different places.

TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000) TooManyMistakes is a complete loser! (-2000)
    here's footage of fitch training at Tiger:

Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TooManyMistakes View Post
    Nazee is the ****.
    Virtus Vera Nobilitas Est

Pure gold does not fear the test of fire.

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sick vid.

You cannot put a price on the quality of the pad holders over there. When I trained over there last summer I was blown away with how good some of those guys are at holding
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

Originally Posted by TooManyMistakes View Post

Ahh ya..

I'm actually living in the room to the right of that motorbike right now..
    www.FightPassport.com

www.FightPassport.com

Interesting...good luck if that's what you decide to do.

ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you may have touched on this but what is the BJJ/grappling like there? is it mostly nogi or is there gi training too?
    thanks
    Fav fighters
    Eddie Bravo
    BJPenn
    Clay Guida
    Urijah Faber
    Javi Vasquez
    Doug Marshall
    Paulo Filho

MY BB'ING/CARDIO LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118416571

JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here is My quick review

J prapa is a cool camp as its super small, and I got to spar Johmod 2X 3 days I was there, really nice

Sinbi has all the K-1 korean fighters, plus Korean international boxers. The camp is cool and they work your hands like a boxer.

Tiger:Big, the awsome trainers seems like a fight community. But it gets packed and Needs alot of money to keep it going.

Rawai: Was there for a week, nice location, but it keeps a lot of momentum off the fact its a great weight loss center, but the training there was very clinch oriented.

Suwit: This camp is about 3 minutes away from Tiger, across from the zoo. Even though they do a crappy job at advertising they make up for training. They train super long run super long, pad work is mainley kicks, Almost all Thai fighters so its really good. The Thais clinch every day..I promis you a month in that camp your clinch will be so strong also your kicks too.

Phuket Muaythai: Never been to it because I had no time

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JustinT87 View Post
    Here is My quick review

J prapa is a cool camp as its super small, and I got to spar Johmod 2X 3 days I was there, really nice

Sinbi has all the K-1 korean fighters, plus Korean international boxers. The camp is cool and they work your hands like a boxer.

Tiger:Big, the awsome trainers seems like a fight community. But it gets packed and Needs alot of money to keep it going.

Rawai: Was there for a week, nice location, but it keeps a lot of momentum off the fact its a great weight loss center, but the training there was very clinch oriented.

Suwit: This camp is about 3 minutes away from Tiger, across from the zoo. Even though they do a crappy job at advertising they make up for training. They train super long run super long, pad work is mainley kicks, Almost all Thai fighters so its really good. The Thais clinch every day..I promis you a month in that camp your clinch will be so strong also your kicks too.

Phuket Muaythai: Never been to it because I had no time
    from this it sounds like i should train at tiger and suwit when/if i go to thailand
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    from this it sounds like i should train at tiger and suwit when/if i go to thailand
    Tiger is a must because its really easy going from America to Tiger, Suwit probally wont be a good first option as it is going from one extreme ( It is a close to a Bangkok camp as your going to get)

If you want to do Muaythai and get as far as you can then I would say Suwit, Its by far the most hardcore camp in Phuket

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JustinT87 View Post
    Tiger is a must because its really easy going from America to Tiger, Suwit probally wont be a good first option as it is going from one extreme ( It is a close to a Bangkok camp as your going to get)

If you want to do Muaythai and get as far as you can then I would say Suwit, Its by far the most hardcore camp in Phuket
    when/if i go i'd also wanna go to some of the more sociable places and see some of the sites and party a bit. If im going to Thailand JUST to train then it's silly as it would be cheaper for me to get personals with a world class trainer here.
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    when/if i go i'd also wanna go to some of the more sociable places and see some of the sites and party a bit. If im going to Thailand JUST to train then it's silly as it would be cheaper for me to get personals with a world class trainer here.
    It's cheaper to train Muay Thai where you're from than in Thailand? Where do you live?

If Muay Thai is secondary when you come to Thailand and your priorities are on seeing the sights and partying, then you shouldn't pick a camp in an isolated area. Chalong - where Tiger and Suwit are located - is VERY boring!

For partying and girls.. Pattaya is the place. Hands down!
    For shopping .. Bangkok all the way
    For beaches .. Phuket and surrounding area

You can find Muay Thai gyms everywhere.
    www.FightPassport.com