Page 1 of 127 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

***Thread for survivalists, preparedness, G.O.O.D., SHTF, TEOTWAWKI***

Seems like a lot of people here would be or are into this kind of stuff. There's too much info for me to really start posting everything I do and want to do to be ready for the zombies and/or welfare sheeple, but I thought a good discussion thread would be cool.

Right now I'm stockpiling guns, ammo, and silver as much as I can spare and still lead a normal life. I need to start a small supply of food, with at least a few months worth.

I'm not too sure that total economic and societal collapse will occur like many hardcore guys think, but it would definitely be nice to be ready should a Katrina like event occur. And if the world does fall apart, well I'll be more ready than 99% of of the people out there haha

Besides, it incorporates a lot of things that people who enjoy outdoor recreation enjoy doing anyway (camping, outdoor skills, being able to hack it on your own, target shooting, hunting, easy outdoor meals, first aid, etc.)

A great place to look at (if you don't already know) is survivalblog.com. Dude knows what he's talking about and he updates it constantly.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, I'll be more prepared than most.

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, I'll be more prepared than most.
    Yeah, I like my life right now.

But if it does happen, I don't want to be dependent of the guv'ment (which might not exist anymore) to take care of me.

Does anybody have a "retreat" set up? I don't really. My family has land we could go out to kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but it isn't mine.

xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xDevianTx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

good

topic, I am unprepared, but slowly changing that. I feel sorry for the people who will be around when the sun no longer exist.(Pitch Black)

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This reminds me of Burt Reynolds in Deliverance

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    LOL. Yeah. He knew what's up.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    Yeah, I like my life right now.

But if it does happen, I don't want to be dependent of the guv'ment (which might not exist anymore) to take care of me.

Does anybody have a "retreat" set up? I don't really. My family has land we could go out to kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but it isn't mine.
    Im not sure what I would do, but if society collapsed I think I would be fine. I could easily survive in the wilderness for the rest of my life. I would probably pack up my kayak and head down the coast to a tropical climate.

medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medic707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have stock piled enough ammo to provide whatever i need for me and my family.. haha j/k

But serious i am a bit of a survivalist and for as long as i can remember ive always like to be prepared. As a kid when i would play army i would always have a BOB of sorts, it would be packed with extra caps for my cap gun, candy, trip wire, water, bandaids, etc..
    And now as an adult i still have BOB one in my house and one in my truck. Nothing really crazy just enough to keep me alive for a week or so. Plus i have about 12 cases of bottled water i rotate through at home as well as a stocked pantry.
    I was joking about being able to get what i wanted with the ammo but i do have a sizable stock pile of firearms and ammo that would scare the piss out of any liberal in my state.

Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have about ten cases of ensure, 20 gallons of water, 80lb bag of rice, and a **** ton of ammo. I would probably just load up as much **** as possible and head out to family land. No since in staying in the city, to much bad **** could happen. Would the generator and do a few gas in gos before we left. I figure we could last at least 6 months with what I have, not including hunting/fishing/gardening/killing cattle etc...

Learn how to fish, hunt, and garden you'll be better off. The majority of us in this forum already have one up, we're in shape. A lot of fatasses in this country are gonna be the first ones to go.
    "When you give up liberty for security you lose both."

"Whoever controls the energy controls the people who need the energy"

half asian/half amazin'. anthrofighter's Avatar
    anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Creature83 View Post
    I have about ten cases of ensure, 20 gallons of water, 80lb bag of rice, and a **** ton of ammo. I would probably just load up as much **** as possible and head out to family land. No since in staying in the city, to much bad **** could happen. Would the generator and do a few gas in gos before we left. I figure we could last at least 6 months with what I have, not including hunting/fishing/gardening/killing cattle etc...

Learn how to fish, hunt, and garden you'll be better off. The majority of us in this forum already have one up, we're in shape. A lot of fatasses in this country are gonna be the first ones to go.
    you should add some whey protein to that man. you don't wanna lose all that hard earned muscle during the apocalypse.
    Last edited by anthrofighter; 07-25-2008 at 01:19 PM.

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Creature83 View Post

Word! Fatasses=Epic fail, once the uprising begins!

The only thing I'm really worried about is logistics..... I have all of the supplies my family could ever need at our home right now. Problem is, being outside of two suburbs only ten minutes north of Lansing, MI, it'll be a hard area to control were looters and foragers to arrive. Ideally, I'd like to go to the area my mom's side of the family lives on, roughly twelve acres located in a rural farming and woodland area and near a National Guard helicopter flightline, like I said though, the logistics of getting all the materials there in a safe and efficient manner in the event of an incident would prove quite hard.
    "The gods of the valleys are not the gods of the mountains"
    -U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School motto

half asian/half amazin'. anthrofighter's Avatar
    anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anthrofighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sugicalmike View Post
    Word! Fatasses=Epic fail, once the uprising begins!

The only thing I'm really worried about is logistics..... I have all of the supplies my family could ever need at our home right now. Problem is, being outside of two suburbs only ten minutes north of Lansing, MI, it'll be a hard area to control were looters and foragers to arrive. Ideally, I'd like to go to the area my mom's side of the family lives on, roughly twelve acres located in a rural farming and woodland area and near a National Guard helicopter flightline, like I said though, the logistics of getting all the materials there in a safe and efficient manner in the event of an incident would prove quite hard.
    landmines.

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by anthrofighter View Post
    landmines.
    Honestly.... if I could get them, I would. But I can't get landmines and I can't buy the materials I'd need for major medical emergency situations, like IV kits, but you can't get the needles without a prescription for some reason! Jeez, it's not like I'm trying to get high'ed up, I'm trying to learn emergency home surgery since when the **** hit's the fan the hospital's will be clogged with the flock.

I really need a good BOB, I'm still angry I don't have one, maybe my next paycheck will go towards that instead of gun parts..... I was thinking a MOLLE vest for mags and tools on the front, and water and material packs on the back, that coupled with the thigh holster I've already got and maybe another one on the opposite side, I'd be ready to take to the woods.

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    LOL. Yeah. He knew what's up.

One really important thing I think to be able to do is get more than 1 gas tank away from any major population center. This would mean having a spare 20-30 gallons of gas on hand at all times. Just rotate through it every once in a while to keep it fresh.

That way you can get farther out into the country than anyone else.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good thread. I intend on getting a reloader as soon as I get a place to put one

I really doubt if S is ever going to HTF, but if it does I think I'd do alright.

One really important thing I think to be able to do is get more than 1 gas tank away from any major population center. This would mean having a spare 20-30 gallons of gas on hand at all times. Just rotate through it every once in a while to keep it fresh.

That way you can get farther out into the country than anyone else.
    True dat!

My second cousin works for a company that basically sets up secondary office facilities for the government.... you know, in SHTF scenarios, the basic rule of thumb in their office place is to never let your gas tank get below half full, that way they'll be able to get out of the DC area. He set up some escape routes for his fam too, pretty clever actually, it's kinda a side road-side road, don't stop for anything and once you hit the interstate go as fast as you can safely drive.... speeding tickets are the least of your concerns at this point.

Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000)
    If SHTF I would like to have one of these

Along with

and a couple of these for good measure

Or maybe just one of these

^^^^^x2 haha not to mention

A couple cases of

Couple set of

Probably will want a couple of

's

while I'm at it, for entertainment and stress relief.

Oh and don't forget the

^

's
    I'll pick up everything else as I go, either by looting it, foraging for it, bartering, or outright taking it...... but I'll definitely have to have one or two whores prestocked for when the SHTF!

On a seperate note, I found a bunch of the freeze dried Mountain House food I ordered, today at Gander Mountain, Im waiting on it to get moist, but when it does, Im gonna have me some Spaghetti with meat sauce! I'll let you all know how it goes.

I'll pick up everything else as I go, either by looting it, foraging for it, bartering, or outright taking it...... but I'll definitely have to have one or two whores prestocked for when the SHTF!

On a seperate note, I found a bunch of the freeze dried Mountain House food I ordered, today at Gander Mountain, Im waiting on it to get moist, but when it does, Im gonna have me some Spaghetti with meat sauce! I'll let you all know how it goes.
    LOL. Sounds delicious. What's the price on that stuff at GM?

LOL. Sounds delicious. What's the price on that stuff at GM?
    They had two brands, Mountain House and Backpackers Pantry, a two serving pack of MH was $7.50ish, the BP was closer to $10

They had two brands, Mountain House and Backpackers Pantry, a two serving pack of MH was $7.50ish, the BP was closer to $10
    Eek. A little more than I was expecting. Looks like I'll be buying mostly canned stuff haha.

Generally how long does canned food stay edible? Like 10 years or so?

Buy what you can now, it's only going to get more expensive. I've heard the guv'ment has been buying up long lasting food supplies at an increased rate.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=70281

Eek. A little more than I was expecting. Looks like I'll be buying mostly canned stuff haha.

Buy what you can now, it's only going to get more expensive. I've heard the guv'ment has been buying up long lasting food supplies at an increased rate.

yah, I called MH and they said they're having trouble keeping up with demand because people are starting to freak the **** out thinking civilization is about to collapse.

I think that's the other most useful survival technique, staying calm..... when everyone else is panicking, we'll be level-headed and putting our fallback plans into action.

yah, I called MH and they said they're having trouble keeping up with demand because people are starting to freak the **** out thinking civilization is about to collapse.

I think that's the other most useful survival technique, staying calm..... when everyone else is panicking, we'll be level-headed and putting our fallback plans into action.
    x2. We have guns and know how to use them. I figure I have enough ammo for a few thousand zombies.

My main problem right now is food. Main problem with that is I don't have much room where I life to store a significant amount. My roommate is moving out in December and I won't be getting another one, maybe I'll convert his room into a hoard storage depot haha

Strong Assed Cawk Crew TheJuicedchase's Avatar
    TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000)
    This was posted in another thread but definitely applies.

http://www.m4040.com/Survival/Skills...er/Shelter.htm

Scroll to the bottom and download the US Army Survival manual.
    "I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Professor Bernardo de la Paz

"All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. - Lysander Spooner"

***Misc Ikariam Crue*** morgansd12's Avatar
    morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morgansd12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool

My main concern is a zombie outbreak.

Should there be an infestation in my area, I can cover the entrance to my housing development from the rooftop patio, and if I can get into the neighbors house (they will probably be the first to go) then I can take the corner rooftop spot and get a solid zombie/looter kill zone for at least 200 yards from my community.

I do need to stock up on some bulk ammo for my sniper rifle though. And I have been meaning to get some gas since hurricane season started. Good reminder. Good on rice and canned crap.

My 2 other neighbors are very well armed as well, but if it comes down to it, and they become sandbags....well, I'm just sayin'.
    **************M*********
    World > Laltoios[80:89] > WineSkillz

Originally Posted by morgansd12 View Post
    My main concern is a zombie outbreak.

Should there be an infestation in my area, I can cover the entrance to my housing development from the rooftop patio, and if I can get into the neighbors house (they will probably be the first to go) then I can take the corner rooftop spot and get a solid zombie/looter kill zone for at least 200 yards from my community.

I do need to stock up on some bulk ammo for my sniper rifle though. And I have been meaning to get some gas since hurricane season started. Good reminder. Good on rice and canned crap.

My 2 other neighbors are very well armed as well, but if it comes down to it, and they become sandbags....well, I'm just sayin'.

but whose covering your back?

Remember, in a zombie outbreak, no place is safe..... only safer than the last.
    Last edited by sugicalmike; 07-26-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Originally Posted by morgansd12 View Post
    This made me LOL big time. Just be sure to stack them 2 or 3 deep. A .223 round can go right through a person no problem.

Hopefully the zombies won't be armed though

Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Creature83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I don't think canned stuff ever goes bad if stored properly. Hell if SHTF and all i have is a 11 year old can of beans best believe ima tear into that ****. I think your best bet is to get foods like rice that don't take up a lot of space but can sustain you for a long time. If all else fails we can always grill the whores.
    "When you give up liberty for security you lose both."

"Whoever controls the energy controls the people who need the energy"