Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sugicalmike View Post
    Are you saying this scenario isn't on the top of the "plans most likely to succeed" list?
    Maybe? Why?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Maybe? Why?
    Haha, I was just being sarcastic I was like that not all too long ago, thinking things were as simple as "just getting this one item" or "putting this asset to work doing this", now I realize that there really is no such thing as simple. Everything happens because of planning and logistics..... hell, even moving the most simple of materials in the event of a disaster would not be a simple trip down the road. There's planning, contingency planning and more planning when both your original and contingency plans go to ****!
    "The gods of the valleys are not the gods of the mountains"
    -U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School motto

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Haha, I was just being sarcastic I was like that not all too long ago, thinking things were as simple as "just getting this one item" or "putting this asset to work doing this", now I realize that there really is no such thing as simple. Everything happens because of planning and logistics..... hell, even moving the most simple of materials in the event of a disaster would not be a simple trip down the road. There's planning, contingency planning and more planning when both your original and contingency plans go to ****!

So are you telling me that my wood heated mobile 4 wheel drive attack vehicle that I use to survivie in all environments is a failure?

What do I have to do to make you happy?
    (Yes Cyborgs made from rusty old Bicycle parts and the frozen corpses of my ex-girlfriends!)
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Spartan1414 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well folks thought Noah was a Moron until they started treading water.
    Training to be BIGGER STRONGER and FASTER
    Check out my Blog at www.BeefTrain.com

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So are you telling me that my wood heated mobile 4 wheel drive attack vehicle that I use to survivie in all environments is a failure?

What do I have to do to make you happy?
    (Yes Cyborgs made from rusty old Bicycle parts and the frozen corpses of my ex-girlfriends!)
    A wood operated 4x attack vehicle? That's just rediculous....

Now reanimating ex's corpses with bicycle parts to create a robocop-esque cyborg is something totally different..... you have my attention!

Originally Posted by Spartan1414 View Post
    Well folks thought Noah was a Moron until they started treading water.
    This is most likely the case! Everytime my mom asks if I want her to pick me up anything from the store it goes down like this:

Me: "Yeah, get me a fifty pound bag of rice"
    Mom: "Again? Why?"
    Me: "So we'll be prepared when IT happens"
    Mom: "That's just rediculous talk"
    Me: "Well, we'll see how rediculous it is when I have an inventory of rice and you dont.... maybe I'll let you in the anti-zombie fort"
    Mom: "........."
    Me: "Mom?"
    Mom: "Jesus, I wish I'd just had another daughter!"
    Last edited by sugicalmike; 08-01-2008 at 09:26 PM.

A wood operated 4x attack vehicle? That's just rediculous....

Now reanimating ex's corpses with bicycle parts to create a robocop-esque cyborg is something totally different..... you have my attention!

This is most likely the case! Everytime my mom asks if I want her to pick me up anything from the store it goes down like this:

Me: "Yeah, get me a fifty pound bag of rice"
    Mom: "Again? Why?"
    Me: "So we'll be prepared when IT happens"
    Mom: "That's just rediculous talk"
    Me: "Well, we'll see how rediculous it is when I have an inventory of rice and you dont.... maybe I'll let you in the anti-zombie fort"
    Mom: "........."
    Me: "Mom?"
    Mom: "Jesus, I wish I'd just had another daughter!"
    Uh... No... Bro... I'm serious... My F-150 and hardened Fish house with wood stove are unstoppable...

I've taken the rig through 4 foot drifts of snow packed so hard that I could stand on top of them, and fired through... I've dragged them up 45 degree hills pouring out of flooded sand slews...

Really... I don't frack around...
    6'4"

Uh... No... Bro... I'm serious... My F-150 and hardened Fish house with wood stove are unstoppable...

I've taken the rig through 4 foot drifts of snow packed so hard that I could stand on top of them, and fired through... I've dragged them up 45 degree hills pouring out of flooded sand slews...

Really... I don't frack around...
    Haha, serious business!

Fish house? Like an ice shanty? You can't beat a good, warm ice shanty!

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    Oooooooo. I like this thread.

Anytime I talk about SHTF and stocking up I get mocked or called crazy.
    You crazy person! You don't buy into the fact that this nation is invincible and nothing can really ever go wrong????

Let's see a small sampling of what Mama Stab has in her survival closet.
    At the top of that box where it says beef patty the first thing I thought of was "two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese..." I was like freeze dried mcdonalds wtf??

Originally Posted by FutureFoe View Post
    Just curious, what is everyone's opinion of what situation poses the biggest threat in the near future?. I'm ruling out zombies....
    Like others have said, economic collapse, people who were unprepared are hungry, and then they go around house to house looting pantries and stuff.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you consider yourself a prepper or a doomer?

I'm a prepper that's ready for doom

Also, Sheep, Sheepdog, or Wolf? Interesting thread by "TheSheepDog" in the R&P section over this subject.

edit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109073541

Good article on just a regular person who is prepared:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/ga...in&oref=slogin

Main problem I see with her is that she doesn't own a gun because she doesn't want to shoot anyone. And I can understand not wanting to, but if someone finds out you have hundreds of pounds of grains and other foods stored up... you might have to defend it if they try and take it, and then she is going to be SOL.
    Last edited by Steak_n_Taters; 08-02-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Haha, serious business!

Fish house? Like an ice shanty? You can't beat a good, warm ice shanty!
    Yep...

I took a 1973 Noman Camper that I bought on Craigs list... Gutted it... Re-enforced the walls and ceilings with home grade studs, and angle irons... Rubbered the roof, tripled up in the insulation and installed a 20X12X12 wood stove.

So now it costs me little more than some chainsaw work to keep warm... Rather than use propane.

She so well insulated that we've been 4 miles out on Mille lacs in a wind storm, temps to -40 outside... And we were complaining that it was too hot in there!
    6'4"

Yep...

I took a 1973 Noman Camper that I bought on Craigs list... Gutted it... Re-enforced the walls and ceilings with home grade studs, and angle irons... Rubbered the roof, tripled up in the insulation and installed a 20X12X12 wood stove.

So now it costs me little more than some chainsaw work to keep warm... Rather than use propane.

She so well insulated that we've been 4 miles out on Mille lacs in a wind storm, temps to -40 outside... And we were complaining that it was too hot in there!
    Nice! Got any pics of it? I love seein' reengineered stuff like that!

Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    Also, Sheep, Sheepdog, or Wolf? Interesting thread by "TheSheepDog" in the R&P section over this subject.

edit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109073541
    Haha, I gave up on that one a long, long time ago..... some people just make me shake my head and laugh, that thread has a few of them

Haha, I gave up on that one a long, long time ago..... some people just make me shake my head and laugh, that thread has a few of them
    LOL, yeah, but it starts out cool at least anyway.

edit: some people seem to be surprised that they are sheep lol.

And I second that, I want to see pics!

edit: not saying I'm a fullblown sheepdog in the capacity that a trained officer or soldier would be, but I consider myself more prepared and aware than the rest of the general population of sheep, which I think is more than half the battle.
    Last edited by Steak_n_Taters; 08-02-2008 at 10:33 AM.

No picks on this computer... And it's currently parked an hour north of here (In the summer I reconvert it back into a camper and keep it at my buddy's lake lot.)

*Did I also mention that I wired it for 12V... Fans... Lights the whole shebang... Then I just use my Marine Deep Cycle trolling batteries (I have 5 that I keep at full charge at all times.

And I also keep an inverter in my truck... So if I need to run some low-ish watt 110 appliances I can. (Microwave is about the max it can do.)

So as it stands... If I don't consider jump charging from the truck... I can hang "Off the Grid" for 9-10 days straight.

Though I am thinking about putting a wind turbine charger on the roof.

I did the math and if I built 2 of them out of Bike light chargers... At a 20 MPH sustained wind, my input would meet my out put for the lights and fan.

(Without the fan the heat stratifies in there... And the floor will be at 40 degrees while 6 feet higher at the ceiling it's 90!
    6'4"

(Without the fan the heat stratifies in there... And the floor will be at 40 degrees while 6 feet higher at the ceiling it's 90!
    That's hardcore! Dang

That's hardcore! Dang
    That heat stratification thing blows (Especially for a guy sleeping in the top bunk. I built the top bunk to essentially press up into the ceiling... Because usually it's just me and one other person... So we want as much room as possible... So the top bunk gets put up to the ceiling...

But if we have 3 people... We drop it at night to sleep everyone...

Basically with that top bunk though and it's skinny padding...

My buddy who weights 140-150, is totally comfortable...

My buddy who weighs 225... For him it's an uncomfortable nightmare!

We keep it up at Fish camp now... And there's been a lot of storms...
    (3 tornadoes touched down 3-4 miles from us 2 weeks ago.)

There are only 2 places to go for safety...

#1. You can climb down the outhouse hole, and stand on the **** pile. (You'd have just enough headroom to pull yourself back out later.

#2. Crawl into my Camper (Well technically my buddy Spazz owns half of it!) And trust that I hardened it enough that we might get through alive.

As Spazz said "I'd rather die in the camper with a beer in my hand, than live in the ****ter and tell the tale!"

So when we fold up and pack everything in... We've had several storms where we just had 6-7 people sitting comfortably and warm... Having drinks... While hail hamered down around us. (I built the roof to handle having 4 feet of wet snow on it, so hopefully it can at least deflect or reduce the impact of a falling tree.)

Of course she's still not Pretty... I didn't build her to be pretty... I built her to be a portable "Bunker."
    6'4"

Speaking of hardenning structures, do yall know a good way of hardening a house?

Our ranch house is pretty much standard wood construction, bullets would go right through the walls.

Ultimately I'd like to have some 3 foot concrete with a few 1" steel plates all the way around but... that's not feasible (yet, need money/time )

So do you have any tips to harden a building against small arms fire without messing with it's normal functionality too much or being able to tell anything is weird from the outside?

This is more out of curiosity at the moment.

edit: and I'm jealous of your bunker. I always wanted to get like a short school bus or something and make it armor plated with gun ports and stuff just for fun.

Im aware of your breast TheSheepdog's Avatar
    TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No picks on this computer... And it's currently parked an hour north of here (In the summer I reconvert it back into a camper and keep it at my buddy's lake lot.)

*Did I also mention that I wired it for 12V... Fans... Lights the whole shebang... Then I just use my Marine Deep Cycle trolling batteries (I have 5 that I keep at full charge at all times.

And I also keep an inverter in my truck... So if I need to run some low-ish watt 110 appliances I can. (Microwave is about the max it can do.)

So as it stands... If I don't consider jump charging from the truck... I can hang "Off the Grid" for 9-10 days straight.

Though I am thinking about putting a wind turbine charger on the roof.

I did the math and if I built 2 of them out of Bike light chargers... At a 20 MPH sustained wind, my input would meet my out put for the lights and fan.

you are the fuking man...im prepared, but you are ready to repopulate the earth, Noah.
    ARMY VET, POLICE OFFICER,SHEEPDOG
    ★cVc★

Speaking of hardenning structures, do yall know a good way of hardening a house?

Our ranch house is pretty much standard wood construction, bullets would go right through the walls.

Ultimately I'd like to have some 3 foot concrete with a few 1" steel plates all the way around but... that's not feasible (yet, need money/time )

So do you have any tips to harden a building against small arms fire without messing with it's normal functionality too much or being able to tell anything is weird from the outside?

edit: and I'm jealous of your bunker. I always wanted to get like a short school bus or something and make it armor plated with gun ports and stuff just for fun.

Well something my boss did that actually increased the value of his home, was get decorative rock facades put on one part of his house. Now he did it himself with field rock and blown concrete-Plaster stuff (Name escapes me.)

But basically the first 4 feet of all his walls is essentially encased by Stone.

In the case of something like you're talking about... It's at least enough that you'd have crawl space to move around in if all hell breaks loose.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by TheSheepdog View Post
    you are the fuking man...im prepared, but you are ready to repopulate the earth, Noah.
    Well part of it is just the fact that I live up north... So I have to be prepared for 4 seasons... Each of which has their own extremes...

And then I'm an avid outdoorsman... So there's all kinds of carry over...

Then add in the fact that my father who had me late in life, was born during the great depression... So he grew up with that "Save it and build up" mentality.
    6'4"

Okay... So I was just outside checking the smoker, fire got a little low... And it occured to me...

Why not take a room of your house... Tear out the dry wall, and replace it with concrete fire board!

I had the same stuff in my "Stove Wall" of the fish house... Now I put it in there because it's fire proof, and using it as a heat shield I could move the wood stove closer to the wall... Instead of having it eat up the middle of the room etc...

All it is is Concrete that's been laid down on a mesh, and dried at 5/8" thick...

I bought mine in a 5'X3' sheet... But I'm sure you could fine 4X8's if you looked hard enough...

Then put it up in place of your drywall mud it... Texture... Paint and trim... I would imagine it could handle small small arms etc... When you take into account that a bullet would have to go through the siding, the wrap, the insulation and then hit this mesh concrete board.

^^^Just a thought... Might even be a bad one!
    6'4"

Okay... So I was just outside checking the smoker, fire got a little low... And it occured to me...

Why not take a room of your house... Tear out the dry wall, and replace it with concrete fire board!

I had the same stuff in my "Stove Wall" of the fish house... Now I put it in there because it's fire proof, and using it as a heat shield I could move the wood stove closer to the wall... Instead of having it eat up the middle of the room etc...

All it is is Concrete that's been laid down on a mesh, and dried at 5/8" thick...

I bought mine in a 5'X3' sheet... But I'm sure you could fine 4X8's if you looked hard enough...

Then put it up in place of your drywall mud it... Texture... Paint and trim... I would imagine it could handle small small arms etc... When you take into account that a bullet would have to go through the siding, the wrap, the insulation and then hit this mesh concrete board.

^^^Just a thought... Might even be a bad one!

I don't think it would stand up to small arms fire all to well. I definitely love the idea of using it to increase the durability of your house. But it's actually kind of a brittle material considering it's supposed to be made from concrete. I've worked with it on projects before and it's a bitch to get in place if you're trying to adhere it to studs, and all but a total pain in the ass if you're trying to drill or nail it into place (yes, the last project we were on, the owner wanted it nailed in..... **** was chipping and cracking everywhere.... oh well, he foots the bill, I dig the trenches and swing the hammers).

I think a better bet would be to use actual poured cement walls. I know it's unsightly, but it's not too uncommon the farther south you get (most of the houses I saw in S. Fla were all poured cement), those are the ultimate in structural durability and I imagine it'd be near impervious to all but the highest caliber of weapons.

Just curious, what kinda smoker we talkin here?

Some bunker plans I found (pdf)

http://www.survivalring.org/pdf/cw_shelterh121.pdf

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Main problem I see with her is that she doesn't own a gun because she doesn't want to shoot anyone. And I can understand not wanting to, but if someone finds out you have hundreds of pounds of grains and other foods stored up... you might have to defend it if they try and take it, and then she is going to be SOL.
    Exactly. As the saying goes, "If you stock up and have no weapon or a means of defending your supply you're just stocking up for somebody else."

Think about how many people just online that like to joke about how if SHTF they will just go take a prepared person's stuff by force. If **** really did hit the fan there are many that would try it.
    *Stopped smoking crew* 2 years and 5 month bishes, and counting.*

*Founder of the, "I hate cold weather!" crew*

Your dreams should never be better than your life. - Karl Pilkington

Exactly. As the saying goes, "If you stock up and have no weapon or a means of defending your supply you're just stocking up for somebody else."

Think about how many people just online that like to joke about how if SHTF they will just go take a prepared person's stuff by force. If **** really did hit the fan there are many that would try it.
    Exactly. I mean if I had to choose between dying or going and taking from someone by force... I think I know what I'd do.

You have to be prepared for people who's only other option might be starvation.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you consider yourself a prepper or a doomer?

I'm a prepper that's ready for doom

Mrs Harrison sounds like a wonderful lady, but incredibly naive. Without the means to protect herself and her loved ones, mobs of people who have made no preparations of their own will be only too happy to relieve her of all her possessions, even her home, and possibly her life.

I'm a defensive pessimist. ie hope for the best or prepare for the worst.

As Publius Flavius put it so much better:

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

If you want peace, prepare for war.

I wouldn't want my car, or survival plan, to be designed by an optimist.

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    I wouldn't want my car, or survival plan, to be designed by an optimist.
    Haha good way to put it.

I don't think it would stand up to small arms fire all to well. I definitely love the idea of using it to increase the durability of your house. But it's actually kind of a brittle material considering it's supposed to be made from concrete. I've worked with it on projects before and it's a bitch to get in place if you're trying to adhere it to studs, and all but a total pain in the ass if you're trying to drill or nail it into place (yes, the last project we were on, the owner wanted it nailed in..... **** was chipping and cracking everywhere.... oh well, he foots the bill, I dig the trenches and swing the hammers).

I think a better bet would be to use actual poured cement walls. I know it's unsightly, but it's not too uncommon the farther south you get (most of the houses I saw in S. Fla were all poured cement), those are the ultimate in structural durability and I imagine it'd be near impervious to all but the highest caliber of weapons.

Just curious, what kinda smoker we talkin here?
    Yeah to hang mine for the heat sheild wall, I had to use a fine-ish drill bit and pre-drill every single hole before slowly screwing it into the studs.

Smoker is just my grill... Large fire box grill... So I can put the wood on one side with the fire box dropped all the way down... And then put the meat on the other side.

I used burbon barrell oak...

Meh... Not a fraction of the flavor I've been getting from mesquite.

What I'm really looking forward to is later this week... Smoking salmon on a cedar plank... And maple-hickory smoking it... **** comes out like "Fish Bacon."
    6'4"

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats for sure. Being defenseless won't make people LESS likely to consider taking what is yours!

Sadly true. Those guys will be part of the problem. And will likely be much better armed, and better shots, than gangbangers.

So my preparedness includes high powered rifles designed for military use. Not only can such rifles take abuse, they can dish it out AFTER shooting thru' car bodies, auto glass, brick walls, trees, other barricades. The less stupid bad guys besieging you(the ones who survived long enough to get to you) will take advantage of all available cover.

So rimfire rifles, pistol caliber carbines, and even intermediate powered rifles like the AR-15 and AK-47, won't suffice.

Yeah to hang mine for the heat sheild wall, I had to use a fine-ish drill bit and pre-drill every single hole before slowly screwing it into the studs.

Smoker is just my grill... Large fire box grill... So I can put the wood on one side with the fire box dropped all the way down... And then put the meat on the other side.

I used burbon barrell oak...

Meh... Not a fraction of the flavor I've been getting from mesquite.

What I'm really looking forward to is later this week... Smoking salmon on a cedar plank... And maple-hickory smoking it... **** comes out like "Fish Bacon."

Oh man, fish bacon......

My grandpa just got built a new smoker, Im looking for on opportunity to get down there and test it out with him. You cannot beat smoked whitefish or salmon!

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    So rimfire rifles, pistol caliber carbines, and even intermediate powered rifles like the AR-15 and AK-47, won't suffice.
    What are you packin'? Not specifically if you don't want but what caliber?

My dream is to have a barrett 50 cal...