Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 3,781 to 3,806 of 3806
    Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steve707 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    I think bugging in means you stay where you are/live, eh?
    I think it depends where you currently live. Regardless, I don't think my area would be good if **** were to hit the fan. But because of the delta and the possibility of freeways clogging up its a possibility that i wont be going anywhere with a vehicle unless it's a motorcycle or boat.
    ☆☆☆USA Crew☆☆☆
    I always pay it forward.
    □|||||||□

Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chr0nicRhythm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blumpkin415 View Post
    They have a shelf life, but in reality they stay edible well after that
    you're a north bay brah?

anywho, I found those survival meal tubs at the firing range today. I believe it was 150ish meals for 250. Didn't get to open, but I'm assuming they're those dehydrated meals you add water to. Should I invest or nah?

blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Chr0nicRhythm View Post
    you're a north bay brah?
    Used to be. Live in Vermont now up in the hills.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Steve707 View Post
    So if you were to bug in, would you avoid major cities? I haven't ever really thought of where I'd want to go, but I'm pretty sure all the freeways would end up jammed around here if anything significant were to happen.
    If you read The Stand, I think it's a pretty good representation over what would happen - minus the devil walking around in Idaho and Nevada, anyway

the cities have a lot of resources but also tons of people to compete with
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Do you have any of the old scalloped potatoes and ham entrees? I think they are old...but my dad had some in the basement for, well I don't know how long, that I had several years ago and that **** was ****ing good.
    Really? I have never eaten any MRE's. Always wondered how they tasted.

I may have to invest in some MRE's at some point.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    We headed out with a general idea of our route but made it up as we went. I like the idea of flipping a coin to choose left / right randomly and correcting from there though.

We are most likely going to do it again in a month or two and we'll implement something like that.

Not sure if we'll do any ducking behind hedges - I get the purpose, but I don't want to draw any attention. Two guys with backpacks ducking around might get us some unwanted eyes (for a practice run).
    Something else to consider is a test to get to where your wife or kid is... Like if your wife is at work and a CME hits the Earth knocking out all power. Keeping some kind of kit in her car and having a plan for "Stay put, I'll come get you."

In my case my daughter is always within 100 yards of me 99% of the time. My wife works 30 minutes from home. So I have a pack of stuff in her SUV and we've established alternate routes for her to get home on back roads, which also includes places to stop where I have people that can help her, or where she can stay put until things settle down.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Steve707 View Post
    I think it depends where you currently live. Regardless, I don't think my area would be good if **** were to hit the fan. But because of the delta and the possibility of freeways clogging up its a possibility that i wont be going anywhere with a vehicle unless it's a motorcycle or boat.
    Well I think if you're not in a situation like mine, on a hobby farm in a remote rural area, then you probably should have a multiple tier plan, that's also flexible depending on the situation.

IMO the two most likely things to happen would be either a terrorist attack in your city or state... And a Coronal Mass Ejection from the sun. Things like hurricanes and severe weather kind of fall into play as well. I remember a few years back and ice storm knocked out power in parts of Kentucky, and some people didn't have services back for almost three months!

If you're living in an urban area, I think it's a smart idea to have at least a one month supply of food on hand for bugging in during a situation where rescue/help/restoration could get to you.

This would also apply for something like a pandemic virus, as it would give the virus time to move through and reduce the number of people that could infect you while you are in the act of bugging out.

Then you have your bug out bag, with food that you don't touch during the 1 month supply...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Something else to consider for your bugout bags or supply stashes, is coconut oil.

One of the clients I write for has me doing a lot of nutritional writing and research. Beyond simply being a cooking oil, coconut oil has a lot of other uses, including sun screen and treatment of sun burn.

One other interesting thing about it is that as a medium density chain fatty acid, it is also something that your brain can burn for energy if you are carb depleted.

If you've ever been on a diet high in protein and fat (Like you'd be if you were living off of hunted animals) you know your brain gets kind of slow, you think slow, process slow and react slow. This is because the brain operates primarily on oxygen and sugar. But if you coconut oil in the your blood stream, the brain can also burn it, without a lot of metabolic process.

It's not going to be as good and fast as carbs, but in a pinch it can keep your cognitive skills operating at an adequate level. And you only need around a tablespoon a day (Preferably taken after breakfast) to maintain an adequate level in the blood stream for the brain to use.
    6'4"

Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Alec Trevelyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Something else to consider for your bugout bags or supply stashes, is coconut oil.

One of the clients I write for has me doing a lot of nutritional writing and research. Beyond simply being a cooking oil, coconut oil has a lot of other uses, including sun screen and treatment of sun burn.

One other interesting thing about it is that as a medium density chain fatty acid, it is also something that your brain can burn for energy if you are carb depleted.

If you've ever been on a diet high in protein and fat (Like you'd be if you were living off of hunted animals) you know your brain gets kind of slow, you think slow, process slow and react slow. This is because the brain operates primarily on oxygen and sugar. But if you coconut oil in the your blood stream, the brain can also burn it, without a lot of metabolic process.

It's not going to be as good and fast as carbs, but in a pinch it can keep your cognitive skills operating at an adequate level. And you only need around a tablespoon a day (Preferably taken after breakfast) to maintain an adequate level in the blood stream for the brain to use.
    Coconut oil is amazing stuff...I actually use it to keep my beard soft and manageable! It also as anti-viral/germ properties, so if you want you can use it on cuts to keep them clean.
    Most ruthless thing ive read in awhile by a Member on /pa/

Anon1: "What makes you kids think if you post info about someone you dont like people will just want to fuc with them for you. Thats not even for it lulz, it would just be pointless"

Anon2: "We here enjoy fukn with people for no reason whatsoever. Go back to /i/ with this "not even for it lulz" bullchit. We don't need lulz here, just tears!!!!

- Misc Cigar Crew -

Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this thread still alive?

been assembling a city survival kit...
    will post a pic soon.

the idea was started after these recent attacks in cities like paris etc....ie if a city is under attack, how can i survive if all stores and transport is shut.
    F*ck Joe Biden

"Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

Chef Crew | NYC Crew | Knee Draggers Crew | Wristwatch Crew

VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanRaymond12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In.

This is something every men should now

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 View Post
    this thread still alive?

been assembling a city survival kit...
    will post a pic soon.

the idea was started after these recent attacks in cities like paris etc....ie if a city is under attack, how can i survive if all stores and transport is shut.
    We're still subscribed to this thread. It dies off and then gets resurrected every now and then.

Good idea to put together something in the event of an attack. But I prefer to have a bag that goes with me everyday to work that has essentials in it along with the items that could get me home in the event of a natural disaster or an attack somewhere.

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wtf is this thread doing here
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    wtf is this thread doing here
    This is teen misc, right?

blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blumpkin415 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    This is teen misc, right?
    Not with you here old man

Not with you here old man
    Y U Do This?

Y U Do This?
    Because its in my nature Clarence

Because its in my nature Clarence
    You still have a couple of acres for me to live on in the apocalypse, right?

You still have a couple of acres for me to live on in the apocalypse, right?
    At San Francisco rental prices

Sorry I haven't posted more guys... Business has been booming for me. Making the best money of my life, so I'm really making hay while the sun is shining.

On a sustainability note...

Raising up the next flock of chicks... I bought a variety of breeds that are known for being great layers...
    2 White Leghorn (Great layers)
    3 Barred Rocks (Great layers with friendly personality)
    4 Red Sex Link (Super layers that are cross between Rhode Island and New Hampshire Reds)
    2 New Hampshire Reds, great layers, but one looks to be a male
    2 Black Jersey Giants... Rare breed, originally bred around the turn of the last century to replace turkeys when they thought turkeys were going to extinct. Males can get 15 to 17 pounds! They're known for being friendly towards other chickens and ferocious against predators. One of these Black Giants looks like a male.

So here's the issue... I can only keep 1 rooster. We named the Black Giant Vader and the New Hampshire male Obi Wan.

If I want to breed my own flock going forward, Vader would give me chicks that would grow up into decent meat birds and modest layers.

Obi Wan would sire birds that are on the small side, but lay eggs like crazy.

It's also worth noting that Vader is a total sweet heart and Obi Wan is a 19 star asshat of a bird. They were hatched on February 29th... So I've got some time. The unwanted bird will need to be culled from the flock around 12 weeks old.
    6'4"

Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So i am assembling a 72 hour SHTF urban backpack kit.

I ride a bike so thats part of my escape vehicle.

Following things to be included:
    - power packs
    - cable lock
    - VHF (to be bought)
    - multi utility tool
    - kershaw EDC folding knife
    - lots of AAA & AA batteries
    - disposable cutlery
    - gas lighters
    - energy bars
    - gloves
    - tissues
    - money stash and travel documents
    -provigil + caffeine pills to keep awake
    - flashlight
    - GoPro for documenting
    - macbook air (has longest battery life)

Anything else to add?
    F*ck Joe Biden

"Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

- power packs
    - cable lock
    - VHF (to be bought)
    - multi utility tool
    - disposable cutlery
    - gas lighters
    - energy bars
    - gloves
    - tissues
    - flashlight
    - GoPro for documenting

Anything else to add?
    Is this an EDC bag or a Get Home Bag?

Reason I ask is that I question the need for a GoPro and Macbook Air. If you have time to document, then you are doing it wrong IMO. In a SHTF situation you want to secure resources (water, food, shelter). What's your plan for water?

Save weight and space in the backpack by leaving the Macbook and GoPro out. Instead put in a way to carry and sanitize water, first aid kit, and maybe a tarp or something similar to use as shelter. I like to have more than one flashlight.

Reason I ask is that I question the need for a GoPro and Macbook Air. If you have time to document, then you are doing it wrong IMO. In a SHTF situation you want to secure resources (water, food, shelter). What's your plan for water?

Save weight and space in the backpack by leaving the Macbook and GoPro out. Instead put in a way to carry and sanitize water, first aid kit, and maybe a tarp or something similar to use as shelter. I like to have more than one flashlight.
    While I'm inclined to agree with you... There is a certain argument to be made about having something like a gopro or other documenting tool... If you're in an urban environment you'll need to eventually scout and resupply. Having images that you can look at (assuming you have a power source) can help you spot certain stores or other locations... You could also use it for recon...

Historically speaking it might have some value, the same way the Zapruder film was for JFK and how Eisenhower made sure to take film of the Holocaust, so it could never be denied by history.

Admittedly those are not high priority things. If you're just bugging out because AHBL, I'd rather use that space for a water filtration kit!!!!!!
    6'4"

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

- power packs
    - cable lock
    - VHF (to be bought)
    - multi utility tool
    - disposable cutlery
    - gas lighters
    - energy bars
    - gloves
    - tissues
    - flashlight
    - GoPro for documenting

Anything else to add?
    Water?? Means to make water potable.

Change of clothing/layers appropriate to the season, to include rain and all temperatures throughout 24 hours of the day.

Self defense. Maybe move and carry a handgun lol. Knives don't really count unless you are trained in using them defensively and even then having to be within arms reach sucks.

Nav? Maps, compass, whatever.

First aid?

its more of an EDC setup that can be a get home bag.

i ride a motorbike so prefer to carry gopro as i can record any incident etc for insurance purposes
    F*ck Joe Biden

this guy has by far the most useful survivalism videos on youtube:

any urban survival brahs here?
    need to buy a nice foldable rope...wondering if u know any good brands?
    F*ck Joe Biden