Page 88 of 127 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3806
    Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    It almost sounds too good to be true... I kind of wish they gave you a little more of the hard science behind it...

Like can I get a big one to power my house... I've got a whole 10 acre forest littered with common dead fall!

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post

Okay, so I believe they are so simplistically trying to say in that diagram is that it uses the natural draft of the fire to move a fan which acts like a minature turbine?

So if you just had enough of those thermo electric cells you could in theory make a wood stove large enough to generate a ton of power.

Does this mean it's coming out DC?

Does it talk about how many watts it can generate in an hour?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Okay, so I believe they are so simplistically trying to say in that diagram is that it uses the natural draft of the fire to move a fan which acts like a minature turbine?

So if you just had enough of those thermo electric cells you could in theory make a wood stove large enough to generate a ton of power.

That sounds about right. Tech specs here...

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstov...ech-specs/#sub
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    That sounds about right. Tech specs here...

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstov...ech-specs/#sub
    Good look up!

Keep this up and you'll be a mod one day!

LOL at the 4W output though...

Basically for the same money you could buy a portable solar panel which will charge 11 watts and just cook your food over a regular camp fire!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good look up!

Keep this up and you'll be a mod one day!

LOL at the 4W output though...

Basically for the same money you could buy a portable solar panel which will charge 11 watts and just cook your food over a regular camp fire!
    yeah its not much

thats why i never put much thought into it

your better off with a wind turbine in a chimney

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    yeah its not much

thats why i never put much thought into it

your better off with a wind turbine in a chimney

Well the wood stove in my fish house has much more wind moveing through the damper when it's set right than it has velocity of the smoke coming out of the chimney.

I would think that if you put a small wind turbine in front of a long tube in front of a wood stove damper and then got a nuclear fire ripping in the wood stove, the fire drawing air through the damper would be enough to move a small wind turbine... And wind is where the real power generation is at... It's just in nature you don't get consistent wind so it's slow to take off...

That and everything wind generates is going to originate in DC so you'd have to drop another $150 on a middle of the road inverter.

Based on the adds I've seen for such things recently at a urinal in the truck stop of Clara City MN... We're talking about a $500 investment sans wood stove. (Which my set up was $380 stove, pipe, hood, dope and all)
    6'4"

KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

From the diagram and what I read on the site, I believe it generates power from the heat using the Thermoelectric Generator (TEG). The TEG then sends electricity to the USB hub and a small fan. The small fan blows air back into the main shaft of the camp stove to provide air for the combustion.. Just my interpretation of the diagrams though.
    [CURRENT LOG]
    - Neogenix Neurosurge V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154617053

[RECENT LOGS AND REVIEWS]
    -Controlled Labs Purple PsyKO: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152457953
    -Neogenix Bodyforge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150462743
    -Universal Shock Therapy Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143483973
    -Scivation Xtend Pink Lemonade: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148471023

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KSUtfx View Post
    From the diagram and what I read on the site, I believe it generates power from the heat using the Thermoelectric Generator (TEG). The TEG then sends electricity to the USB hub and a small fan. The small fan blows air back into the main shaft of the camp stove to provide air for the combustion.. Just my interpretation of the diagrams though.
    That's what I thought.

KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KSUtfx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, hi everyone! Long time lurker on this epic thread.
    [CURRENT LOG]
    - Neogenix Neurosurge V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154617053

-Controlled Labs Purple PsyKO: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152457953
    -Universal Shock Therapy Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143483973
    -Scivation Xtend Pink Lemonade: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148471023

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome to the thread!
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    Ammo can stoves...neat

]
    People have been building those in MN to heat their fish houses since before the great depression!

Though I must say the "Teton" is a little smaller than my fish house wood stove, for about $100 less than I paid! So the price point is good.
    6'4"

That little tailgate grill is catching my eye..

$45 shipped
    [CURRENT LOG]

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KSUtfx View Post
    That little tailgate grill is catching my eye..

$45 shipped
    wonder what it would take to make my own

spray paint and a grill?

Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz

spray paint and a ammo can?
    fixed
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

fixed
    i got one for $5

i was talking about what else

who needs paint

just add some Kingsford
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

spray paint and a grill?
    Yeah you can buy ammo cans for like $5 at the local Surplus Freight store... A small piece of expanded metal like that is probably another $5.

Although regular spray paint is NOT at all fire rated... The toxic fumes that mofo would put off would be crazy... What you want is firebox paint AKA stove paint.

$5 for a can will repaint my 20"X12X12" wood stove and 5 feet of stove pipe twice...

Generally needs a repaint every 2 years.

Then you'll have to put sand in the bottom of the ammo can to reduce the amount of time you suffer firebox burnout. And of course a lower damper would be nice... Probably have to bodge that with a tin snips, a metal shim and bolt with a butterfly nut.
    6'4"

obviously grill paint

i think if i took an ammo can, a piece of grill and called it a $40 BBQ on craigslist i would get tons of hate mail pretty fast

obviously grill paint

i think if i took an ammo can, a piece of grill and called it a $40 BBQ on craigslist i would get tons of hate mail pretty fast
    Nah...

My Dad and Father in Law spent 20+ winters of their lives where the only way to heat their ice shanty or cook was with a stove like that.

They tended to use paint cans (Which had much thicker gauge metal) or old Kerosene cans (Which were super common in the 1950's.

Make a hole for a damper, scavenge wood at the shore line... Drag all your gear out and you could cook and keep warm, just had to be smart about how you handled the smoke.

Once the oil industry figured out that there was a market for all of the propane they were burning off in their refineries ice fishing switched over to gas heaters.

When I put the wood stove in my fish house all my friends told me I was nuts! Especially since at that time it cost me about $100 more in parts and pipe dope to install it as opposed to if I would have bought a propane system.

BUT now I heat the whole fish house with wood for free, meanwhile they're paying $1.20 a pound to heat their fish houses and going through half a pound an hour to keep it at 70... While I can keep mine roaring at 90 for no extra cost other than the labor of cutting, logging, spliting, stacking and hauling wood.
    6'4"

obviously grill paint

t
    The last time I checked (And it's been a while) Grill paint, like you'd get in the Walmart grilling section is only good to 450.

The wood stove paint I use is good to 800!

What it ultimately means it that the paint with the lower heat tolerance breaks down faster and you get more rust issues at the seams.
    6'4"

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    who needs paint

just add some Kingsford
    There has to be an access panel on the other side right? I mean how can you add charcoal and remove the ashes? That sombish looks welded better than a NASCAR roll cage.

Originally Posted by meatjesus View Post
    There has to be an access panel on the other side right? I mean how can you add charcoal and remove the ashes? That sombish looks welded better than a NASCAR roll cage.
    Looks like the Expanded Metal grill top hinges open on one side so you can dump stuff out.

There has to be some kind of airhole/damper at the bottom or sides, because fire does poorly with just a top burn etc...
    6'4"

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This post really doesnt fit the title, but here goes. I am in the market for a nice set of drill bits. Anyone have any good brands other than the home depot special?

-rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -rhino- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by meatjesus View Post
    This post really doesnt fit the title, but here goes. I am in the market for a nice set of drill bits. Anyone have any good brands other than the home depot special?
    For what type of material? Wood? Metal?

Cleveland is what most professionals use. (machine shops, etc).

They are very nice bits but not cheap, Precision Twist bits are also nice, you can buy a set for around 100-150 bucks. Invest in a drill doctor to keep them nice n sharp.

Edit- If you are going to be drilling more metal than wood, go with Cobalt bits, otherwise High speed steel (hss) bits will be just fine. The only difference is Cobalt bits retain a little more hardness when hot.
    -BMBC underground-

-Dallas Cowboys-

one of my many projects

solar shower with graywater irrigation

(no electricity for heating and gallons of water used to water plants that would ultimately be flushed down the drain)

one of my many projects

solar shower with graywater irrigation

(no electricity for heating and gallons of water used to water plants that would ultimately be flushed down the drain)

So am I correct in assuming that you chose the black coil on the roof method over the traditional black bag because it's a faster heating that small amount of water as opposed to the big heat sink?

Does that coil then empty into a container and pour out?

How is the water pressure?
    6'4"

ive been trying to do research on which one holds the most heat
    (even though the showers will be short)

bag vs hose

it would have your typical garden hose pressure

what you use for a reservoir on the roof
    China is asshoe !!!

Florida is GOAT

ive been trying to do research on which one holds the most heat
    (even though the showers will be short)

bag vs hose

it would have your typical garden hose pressure
    What I learned in my portable rain barrel system was that it took a large volume of water at a decent height to get decent pressure... And that was maybe HALF of my garden hose at it's best.

55 gallons at an 8 foot drop was about half hose pressure.

I would imagine the coil system would heat up faster and cool down faster... So like you could shower at sundown and have warm water, but by morning it would be air temp cold... VS the big solar bag... I've seen them stay warm with the days heat through a warm summer night.

I could see the coil being for heating... Then it dumps into a bag for storage etc, I mean a bag only costs like $10-$15 at any camping store... The coil could be spendy... I'd imagine a regular hose is the cheapest, but a copper pipe painted black would heat the fastest.
    6'4"