Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3806
    RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah continuing the Marathon is logistically stupid... But I think it's more of a symbol type of thing... Hey we're tough and the fact that we can even put on a marathon is testament to how quickly we can bounce back from this.
    this

its like "hope"

i reckon...

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    this

its like "hope"

i reckon...
    Yeah I've done a stint or two in public relations in my 14+ years in Marketing. (In fact my college mentor was a PR director)

After any disaster, whether it's something as big as a hurricane wiping out a city or just a run of the mill fire that burns down half of a fine dining restaurant, the Public Relations team always wants to put a good spin face on it. It's as if to say "Hey it wasn't that bad" or "Look how strong we really are... This has brought out our true strength of character."

That and there is a practical reality here...

I mean NYC needs money to rebuild, repair and improve the damaged city... If they don't hold the event the sponsors don't pay... If they hold the event NO SPONSOR would pull out for fear of looking like a POS evil corporation who pulls their sponsorships on a crippled yet rebuilding city.

AND then you have other people coming into the city for the Marathon, support teams, fans, promotional sales... The List goes on.

It's all money in the kitty to help the city.

AND it's less dollars that they have to beg out of the hands of the Federal Government!

It's what $100 million less that he doesn't have to beg... Hell I'd almost call that being responsible!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cliffs:
    kumbaya

any opinions on biomass stoves

have you seen the one with the USB outlet

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    cliffs:
    kumbaya

any opinions on biomass stoves

have you seen the one with the USB outlet
    Say what now?

You're wanting to make a stove that cooks using the heat of compost?

Actually right now I'm working on a ridiculously boring research proposal, collecting leads and such... While trying not to get too pumped up about deer hunting opener tomorrow morning!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

The wind was blowing favorably for me today... Light and out of the east... So I put out some doe urine... Hoping to draw some deer out of the forest on the far end of the fields... An hour later the big 8-10 pointer I named "Sausages" came out to the edge of the woods and started sniffing the air.

He won't cross the field in the day light... But clearly he picked up on it.

At least Day light saving's time doesn't kick in until Saturday night... So tomorrow morning I sit down in the stand at 7:31...

Once DLST kicks in, then it's all a bunch of 6:30 am BS.
    6'4"

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah continuing the Marathon is logistically stupid... But I think it's more of a symbol type of thing... Hey we're tough and the fact that we can even put on a marathon is testament to how quickly we can bounce back from this.

Fema is doing a way better job in NYC after Sandy than Bush's FEMA did in New Orleans...

4 days after Katrina no one was talking about forcing a marathon to happen!
    Sandy is hardly comparable to Katrina. Parts of NYC haven't had power for a few days, and the subway is flooded, but the whole city isn't under water.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    Sandy is hardly comparable to Katrina.
    That's what I was thinking.

what do you guys do with your old batteries (not dead, just low charge)

when my AAs go bad i put them in my optical mouse since it does well with low charge

i have enough AAs to to keep my mouse going for years

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/

"2012 ING New York City Marathon Is Canceled
    The City of New York and New York Road Runners announce that the 2012 ING NYC Marathon has been canceled. While holding the race would not require diverting resources from the recovery effort, it is clear that it has become the source of controversy and division. We cannot allow a controversy over an athletic event -- even one as meaningful as this -- to distract attention away from all the critically important work that is being done to help New York City recover from the storm. New York Road Runners will have additional information in the days ahead and we thank you for your dedication to the spirit of this race. The Expo will remain open tomorrow."

watched "The Day"

man, what a tough chick

step aside sarah connor

A group of five people working to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic future discover what they think is a safe, abandoned farmhouse, but they soon find themselves fighting to stay alive as a gang of bloodthirsty predators attack..

what do you guys do with your old batteries (not dead, just low charge)

when my AAs go bad i put them in my optical mouse since it does well with low charge

i have enough AAs to to keep my mouse going for years
    A lot of my the tools in my wood shop have laser guides on them that run on AA batteries and while they're too low to be useful in a remote or a pen light, they'll keep the laser guide going for several hours still.
    6'4"

A lot of my the tools in my wood shop have laser guides on them that run on AA batteries and while they're too low to be useful in a remote or a pen light, they'll keep the laser guide going for several hours still.
    optical mouse
    laser guide

not much of a list huh

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, the money I'm saving by not buying smokes will give me almost $400 a month to spend on other preps. Shotgun is first on the list..
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Well, the money I'm saving by not buying smokes will give me almost $400 a month to spend on other preps. Shotgun is first on the list..
    Have you always known you've been throwing $400 down the drain every month, or did you just figure it out?
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always knew, I just didn't care.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of money freed up for prepping. Must feel good quitting, both for the health reasons and the money boost.
    Do I even lift?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142588721

Competitive shooting chat thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162987591

| MFCi |

Originally Posted by FitStick View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of money freed up for prepping. Must feel good quitting, both for the health reasons and the money boost.
    I quit smoking when smokes were still on the cheap side... And I used the money to buy a boat!
    6'4"

im saving the money i dont spend on cigs, booze, mcdonalds food, starbucks coffee and premium gas

to buy a house

im saving the money i dont spend on cigs, booze, mcdonalds food, starbucks coffee and premium gas

to buy a house
    Well... Now is the time... I mean basically in the last 6 years I did everything 3 years later than I intended with the recession screwing up my life and all...

But now that the ship is getting righted, my three years of sacrifice, taking big risks and moving fast on the right opportunities has saved me about $100,000
    6'4"

Well... Now is the time... I mean basically in the last 6 years I did everything 3 years later than I intended with the recession screwing up my life and all...

But now that the ship is getting righted, my three years of sacrifice, taking big risks and moving fast on the right opportunities has saved me about $100,000

on recharge

good job man

wish more people had their priorities straight

on recharge

good job man

wish more people had their priorities straight
    I don't know that it's about priorities as much as it is persistence, patience and vision.

I've taken some MASSIVE beatings in life, past, present and future.

In my personal philosophy life is about choice, you choose to be a victim or you choose to be a warrior... Your suffering or your challenges are your training.

I don't care if it's wilderness survival, the corporate grind, dating a fat girl or making bold financial moves... A lot of people have been conditioned to "React to their circumstances, but it's been my experience that success comes from interacting with your reality."

In all the cases where I have been punching above my weight class in life, I rarely ever knew what opportunity was laying in wait around the corner. I just prepared myself to be able to make that move whenever it showed up.

I don't care if it's a bear that's trying to eat you, a storm that's trying to wipe out your garden or a guy who wants to move fast on a real estate deal, when you are more prepared than the forces that oppose you, chances are better that you're going to win than lose. And that applies to whether you're at the top of the mountain with your hands raised in glory or at the bottom of the pit with your head hanging in defeat.
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Has this been posted yet?

http://www.biolitestove.com
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post

Yes. No first hand experiences ITT, that I am aware of, though.

Based on size/weight it looks potentially neat for camping, or power outages, or having fun, but not hiking.

I think that's what we got to.

Edit: Campstove. Hadn't seen the home stove

It almost sounds too good to be true... I kind of wish they gave you a little more of the hard science behind it...

Like can I get a big one to power my house... I've got a whole 10 acre forest littered with common dead fall!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    It almost sounds too good to be true... I kind of wish they gave you a little more of the hard science behind it...

Like can I get a big one to power my house... I've got a whole 10 acre forest littered with common dead fall!
    I was thinking the same about having one larger scale to power a home or act as a generator
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

I was thinking the same about having one larger scale to power a home or act as a generator
    Even one just the size of a small wood stove (Like I use to heat my fish house) I could use it to run a green house with grow lights and heat it...

I mean I've seen "Steam Generators" that people have tried to build for a price so ridiculous in the up front buy that you'd be better off getting a 2 cycle gas generator and 300 gallons of gas than buying 1 steam generator that was put together in some guys back yard.
    6'4"

yeah thats the bio stove i was talking about on the last page

guess no one knew what i was referring to

yeah thats the bio stove i was talking about on the last page

guess no one knew what i was referring to
    Yeah that's a new one on me... I thought you were talking about heating/cooking with the heat of a compost pile!
    6'4"

Yeah that's a new one on me... I thought you were talking about heating/cooking with the heat of a compost pile!
    well, i did mention a few

theres the small camping ones that power USB like the one above

then theres the ones used in asian countries that people are trying to build more efficiently

then theres your pellet stoves, etc

ive always like the traditional but im sure its not as efficient as it could be