Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 3806
    2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    I know a guy who fell off a roof once... Toe holds gave on a 12/12 in the winter. (His boss was a dumbass) as he was sliding he was trying to stab the claw into the roof to catch (Like an ice axe) Didn't work and he fell.

When he landed the straight claw of the hammer went into his EYE SOCKET!

Surprisingly the guy lived!

Blind in one eye, two years of rehab and he'll piss down his leg at the mere sight of any ladder over 20 feet. Every time I see one of those hammers I think of him.
    Wow that's some bad luck...that's why I pass shingles from the ladder on steep pitch roofs from the fear of sliding off.
    FBHO

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    good post Nainoa

i have said before that zombies are a euphemism for stupid people

people that arent prepared for any real catastrophe

they either have 1 day of food in their house or 50 guns and think theyre akin to god and thus next in line to run the world

people that will riot, loot or will cry desperately for help regardless of their surroundings

(imagine a never ending Black Friday Sale where dog eats dog and people trample each other)

they will run to the nearest help center and bog the place down

if you need to run, youre doing it wrong

I think you're on to something there...

(No Strong Web-Bot Theory) But there I think there is a direct relationship between the fact that the more our resources decline and the more our population increases, the more this straight puts on society and the direct increase of "Zombie" movies.

I think in a collective unconscious way, we as a society are aware that there is a mindless need for resources that we can't meet... And that at some point there is going to be a reality where in order to preserve yourself, you are going to have to disconnect with the notion of sympathy for humanity at large.

I mean in and around me there in my everyday life, there are people that are aware of my mentality and aware of my skills, my plans and my resources. Now some of them think I'm a nutbag. (Whatever) A LOT of people say "Yeah if something ever happens, you're the first person I'm coming to!"

The troublesome reality is that my resource base isn't big enough to handle all of them... AND over half of them don't have the skills or the "Attitude" needed to bring something to the table or learn the skills (And adjusted values) I'd need to teach them to really make them worth my while.

There is a certain point where I personally will have to choose to look at one of my best friends with three kids, poor health and skills limited only to computer science and I'll have to leave him behind because there are ten other qualified people who's resources he'd be taking from.

Let alone a guy like Harski who's make his way to the Red Owl in Longville Minnesota and find the dumpster out back with the word Quixilbraxix spray painted on it and the envelope duct taped under it with directions to the extraction point!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 2k10SS View Post
    Wow that's some bad luck...that's why I pass shingles from the ladder on steep pitch roofs from the fear of sliding off.
    Yeah I've shingled four roofs in my lifetime, and I'm so completely over that crap.

The deal I've made with myself is that I'll shingle one more roof... And it will either be a house I buy... Or a cabin I build.

Though I'm thinking if I pick up this piece of land I've got my eye on (That rings the small lake I'd have to myself) that I'll probably build it out of cord wood and go with a metal roof?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwood_construction
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i would go metal roof

shingles arent recommended for water catchment anyhow

I mean in and around me there in my everyday life, there are people that are aware of my mentality and aware of my skills, my plans and my resources. Now some of them think I'm a nutbag. (Whatever) A LOT of people say "Yeah if something ever happens, you're the first person I'm coming to!"

The troublesome reality is that my resource base isn't big enough to handle all of them... AND over half of them don't have the skills or the "Attitude" needed to bring something to the table or learn the skills (And adjusted values) I'd need to teach them to really make them worth my while.

i have considered this as well as people tell me the same thing

i prep for myself and my family on a limited budget.

i really dont know what im going to do if 10 people show up at my doorstep asking for help
    (especially when i know these people have squandered the time and money they could have spent doing it for themselves)

its a frightening thought

btw, there is talk of a new reality show where they pit "prepper families" against each other
    (not like it hasnt been done before)

i would go metal roof

shingles are recommended for water catchment anyhow

i have considered this as well as people tell me the same thing

i prep for myself and my family on a limited budget.

i dont really know what im going to do if 10 people show up at my doorstep asking for help
    (especially when i know these people has squandered the time and money they could have spent doing it for themselves)
    its a frightening thought

btw, there is talk of a new reality show where they pit "prepper families" against each other
    (not like it hasnt been done before)
    In MN, I'm not overly worried about finding a water source.

When it comes to people...

It's sad to say, but I already have an idea of who's in and who's out. And the people who are "In" will know how to find me based on the situation. They know where the meet up points are, and if they miss them, how to reconnect with me.

The people who are "Out" aren't even aware there are meet up points.

Ultimately though, when it comes to people showing up. Even when you get to the Bug Out Location, you will over the course of the 2 year population reduction window (Estimated 2 years in Northern regions where people can live on scavenge) you're going to come across people who don't have a valuable skill set.

And then you have to ask yourself
    "Is this person trustworthy?" (Well he has to earn it over time)

"Does this person have the mental abilities to learn?" (You're better off just shooting Slingblade on first sight!)

"Does this person have the physical abilities to do the TONS of manual labor called for?" (Fattys and 98 pound weaklings need not apply!)

"Does this person have the kind of attitude and values to be able to integrate into the group in a productive way?" (Valley Girls and stuck up Bankers are LESS useful to me than used toilet paper!)
    6'4"

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In MN, I'm not overly worried about finding a water source.
    i usually try to conserve water anyhow

(green views aside, a water catchment is useful as water outages are common during disasters)

for every person trying to save water, theres someone taking an hour long shower

for every person running on a treadmill, theres another eating an 1100 calorie extra value meal

for every person putting money into a savings account, theres another getting a cash advance on their paycheck

i usually try to conserve water anyhow

(green views aside, a water catchment is useful as water outages are common during disasters)

for every person trying to save water, theres someone taking an hour long shower

for every person running on a treadmill, theres another eating an 1100 calorie extra value meal

for every person putting money into a savings account, theres another getting a cash advance on their paycheck

FUUUUUUUU... I have $9,000+ in unpaid commissions... I could use an advance on my pay check!

But seriously... You make a good point.

This past summer a MASSIVE storm hit the area... It took trees that have been standing for over 75 years (I counted 130 rings on one!) and it snapped them like friggin' tooth picks all through my neighborhood. Epic devastation! And I was outside for 90% of it. Storm attempted to pick me up and throw me, but I gave it the finger and God saved me after sliding five feet backwards. (Managed to save my truck from the leaning tree, but my shed was lifted 8 feet in the air and then tossed 40 feet across the front garden into the forest.

It took the power company over three days to get my neighborhood back up to power again.

When the lights snapped off and I went into survivor mode, one of the first things I did was grab some of my 5 gallon buckets (I keep 28 on hand) and put them under all of my down spouts and valleys to catch rain run off... That way my wife we could flush the toilet etc...

My Wife slept in the house in hot sweltering darkness... I spent every night in my fish house (Camper converted for ice fishing to run off 12V rechargable solar batts.

She sweated and pissed and moaned... I read books by 12V lights, slept with fans on me and bathed in buckets of rain water under the full moon light!

The most important thing was inventing a way to brew coffee using the charcoal grill.

Go figure... For all my resilience and survivalist skills... I get a CRUSHING headache if I don't have my morning coffee!

6'4"

2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Though I'm thinking if I pick up this piece of land I've got my eye on (That rings the small lake I'd have to myself) that I'll probably build it out of cord wood and go with a metal roof?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwood_construction
    That would be a nice setup...

My compound is just going to be a 40' storage container buried in the ground. Haven't put much thought into the rest.
    Last edited by 2k10SS; 01-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    FBHO

burying a container is a lot of work

just set that bish on the ground

caffeine pills brah

survival replacement for that kryptonite problem of yours

im a fan of these too

anyone have any good solar/wind DIY videos?

burying a container is a lot of work

just set that bish on the ground.

A buried box would be better protection from the elements and whatever else. Throw in a stove, ventilation, and some solar power.
    FBHO

A buried box would be better protection from the elements and whatever else. Throw in a stove, ventilation, and some solar power.
    true, but it would cost more

(and like in basements, youll possibly need a water pump too)

fine if you could offset or justify the cost somehow

true, but it would cost more

(and like in basements, youll possibly need a water pump too)

fine if you could offset or justify the cost somehow

NO... Just have a proper drain tile and roofing system...

If you go to build a bug out shelter and it needs power to be able to be maintained, it's a complete and total WASTE.

You just have to be mindful of your construction.

Just tossing a box in a whole is asking for failure... It's the equivlent of lining up a bunch of crack whores and trying to figure out by looking at them which one would make the best wife!
    6'4"

NO... Just have a proper drain tile and roofing system...
    If you go to build a bug out shelter and it needs power to be able to be maintained, it's a complete and total WASTE.
    You just have to be mindful of your construction.
    Just tossing a box in a whole is asking for failure... It's the equivlent of lining up a bunch of crack whores and trying to figure out by looking at them which one would make the best wife!
    it would be smart to include a pump somewhere

your box might be dry but the surrounding earth might be wet
    (that plus rain and seepage need to be considered)

a guy on youtube put his in the ground and even though he
    prepared and used a fair amount of concrete, a small pump was still utilized

13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FUUUUUUUU... I have $9,000+ in unpaid commissions... I could use an advance on my pay check!

But seriously... You make a good point.

This past summer a MASSIVE storm hit the area... It took trees that have been standing for over 75 years (I counted 130 rings on one!) and it snapped them like friggin' tooth picks all through my neighborhood. Epic devastation! And I was outside for 90% of it. Storm attempted to pick me up and throw me, but I gave it the finger and God saved me after sliding five feet backwards. (Managed to save my truck from the leaning tree, but my shed was lifted 8 feet in the air and then tossed 40 feet across the front garden into the forest.

It took the power company over three days to get my neighborhood back up to power again.

When the lights snapped off and I went into survivor mode, one of the first things I did was grab some of my 5 gallon buckets (I keep 28 on hand) and put them under all of my down spouts and valleys to catch rain run off... That way my wife we could flush the toilet etc...

My Wife slept in the house in hot sweltering darkness... I spent every night in my fish house (Camper converted for ice fishing to run off 12V rechargable solar batts.

She sweated and pissed and moaned... I read books by 12V lights, slept with fans on me and bathed in buckets of rain water under the full moon light!

The most important thing was inventing a way to brew coffee using the charcoal grill.

Go figure... For all my resilience and survivalist skills... I get a CRUSHING headache if I don't have my morning coffee!

I keep 55 gallon drums under spouts in the summer, mainly used for garden. Nice thing to have.
    Friday night. Date night in Miami. Every night is a date night in Miami, and everyone's having sex. But for me, sex never enters into it. I don't understand sex. Not that I have anything against women, and I certainly have an appropriate sensibility about men, but when it comes to the actual act of sex, it's always just seemed so undignified. But I have to play the game.

United We ███████████ SemperParatus's Avatar
    SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd put the box at an ever-so-slight incline, with drainage holes on the low end leading to pipe that lead away from the shelter.
    ***Misc Survivalist Crew***
    +Misc Zombie Survival Squad - SAAT OIC+

AMERICAN OUTLAW - GO USA!

Surrounding the box with stone will help with drainage also...

Dont you guys be stealing my idea's. haha
    FBHO

pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    guys watch teh show doomsday preppers? Its a new show starting on national geo. I found an episode im watching now on youtube.

amazing how much prep some people put in.

cant lie - im mirin his swimming pool full of tilapia, he has thousands of fish in his pool and it all cycles and grows his plants / feeds his fish / his chickens etc.
    W moich zylach plynie Polska krew.
    ███████████████████████████
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

Originally Posted by pavchaos View Post
    cant lie - im mirin his swimming pool full of tilapia, he has thousands of fish in his pool and it all cycles and grows his plants / feeds his fish / his chickens etc.
    ive considered aquaponics as well

your fish produce waste in the water which is then pumped to the roots of your plants

the runoff then goes back to the fish, which aerates the water

(just need to feed the fish)

maybe one day on a smaller scale

insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

amazing how crazy some people are
    fixed.
    Your Dreams are within reach

Insomniac23 goes Platinum!!!!

***Team Manlet***

InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    guys watch teh show doomsday preppers? Its a new show starting on national geo. I found an episode im watching now on youtube.

[youtube]PaxjfQheNes[youtube]

That exact episode was on last year as a stand alone now they're making a regular series out of it? I like some of the ideas these people flesh out though I wouldn't go as far as a lot of them do but the show should give me a ton of good ideas nonetheless.

lol I only made it 15 minutes into the vid.

Strong denial if they think they have a snowballs chance in hell surviving anything sitting smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood with a family of four without some form of bomb shelter/underground bunker. Or even bugging out for that matter they wont get far because thousands of people will be doing the same.

edit
    The last crew of people have the right idea, a compound in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by 2k10SS; 01-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    FBHO

i live in a city so i have to be realistic

if im buggin out... im doing it wrong

i live in a city so i have to be realistic

if im buggin out... im doing it wrong
    What kind of building do you live in?
    FBHO

What kind of building do you live in?
    well suburbia really

one major incident and the roads will be packed with people trying to buy supplies/gas or buggin out

pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    worse case scenario - Ill be honest, Im fawked. I have a handycap kid brother and wouldnt leave my family to save myself, unless it was the last option but even then it would be a tough decision. I plan on getting a glock 23 and few dozen boxes of ammo, also a mossberg 500 with a few dozen boxes of ammo. Im like other people I dont stock pile food nor water, I buy about a dozen 1 gallon jugs of water a week for the gym but I have that if something happens I always have about 5 or 6 gallons in the storage closet. I figure just like everyone else panic will kick in and what ever plan I have wont do much, I have a small B.O.B that I been working on, has first aid kit for up to 5 people, plus rope, space blankets, things of that natures - I always plan on getting more serious about it but I never get around to it. I feel if something really tradic happens all the prep wont really help, mostly all luck. I dont have the privilege of having a bunker in the middle of the woods - miles from the nearest city because I just dont lol. So like everyone else I will do what I can with what I have and hope for the best.

And yes - they are making a full series of that prepper show. I was watching one show, same subject different show about people prepping for 2012 and there are people who put money together spend thousands if not nearly million dollars buying and converting a missle silo in the middle of now where they convert into a bunker / condo for the few dozen people and their families that put money into the project.

Good luck getting there when everyone in full chaos mode.

edit - in Oct Connecticut was hit with a northeastern / tornado .. Snow fall and very severe winds. Most of the state lost power for more then 4 days. Some of the smaller cities seemed like an apocalyptic movie - cars parked for miles to get gas for their vehicles and generators, people storming stores for gas containers which couldnt sell them because they didnt have power so their registers didnt work and people werent coming into work, small personal owned stores had lines around the block selling food and water for triple the original price, and people were buying it all.

After the storm there were tons of shows that interviewed people and their top problems about the storm was no power to charge their phones - power to do laundry. Lets be honest in a real S.H.T.F situation these people are fawked. They have no knowledge of what to do / where to go and will turn to violence to survive. I atleast some basic knowledge of outdoor survival, fishing, I have basic knowledge of how to make fire in the woods, multiple ways, and ideas how to make shelter. This wont guarantee my safety but will give me that much more of a chance of surviving.

My city is surrounded by very populated and urban built towns and cities - with a population of nearly 130,000 getting out of town wont be easy, especially since all the towns around us are in the 100,000+/- range population wise adn those people will be trying to figure out how to survive / get out of the cities too. I always think about this and concluded that I will try to hold out at home for as long as possible, let the riots and all that stuff happen while I stay at home, hopefully they will move on and less the chance of getting attacked (still great chance with such a high population, all the people wont move on) but I think staying home for as long as possible gives me the best chance of survival a S.H.T.F situation.
    Last edited by pavchaos; 01-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    worse case scenario - Ill be honest, Im fawked. I plan on getting a glock 23 and few dozen boxes of ammo. Im like other people I dont stock pile food nor water, I buy about a dozen 1 gallon jugs of water a week for the gym but I have that if something happens I always have about 5 or 6 gallons in the storage closet. I figure just like everyone else panic will kick in and what ever plan I have wont do much, I have a small B.O.B that I been working on, has first aid kit for up to 5 people, plus rope, space blankets, things of that natures - I always plan on getting more serious about it but I never get around to it. I feel if something really tradic happens all the prep wont really help, mostly all luck. I dont have the privilege of having a bunker in the middle of the woods - miles from the nearest city because I just dont lol. So like everyone else I will do what I can with what I have and hope for the best.

And yes - they are making a full series of that prepper show. I was watching one show, same subject different show about people prepping for 2012 and there are people who put money together spend thousands if not nearly million dollars buying and converting a missle silo in the middle of now where they convert into a bunker / condo for the few dozen people and their families that put money into the project.

Good luck getting there when everyone in full chaos mode.
    You are planning to fail.

dont plan it

do it

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    You are planning to fail.
    thats the truth - feels bad man
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

ive considered aquaponics as well

your fish produce waste in the water which is then pumped to the roots of your plants

the runoff then goes back to the fish, which aerates the water

(just need to feed the fish)

maybe one day on a smaller scale

If you're in a place that doesn't have 4 seasons, it might be worth looking into. But if you live somewhere that water temps get below 39 degrees, then a whole new level of pain in the ass science is going to come into play... And then when you measure Chickens : To Fish... I think you're going to find the chickens will win out.

Not to mention you can put the chickens on a rolling coop... Or keep a slide box to collect their poop and use that as a great fertilizer for any standard garden.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That reminds me, I need to start looking for a rain barrel or two for my garden.........

And my ilness lately really showed how crappy my med kit is. Don't even have a thermometer in the house, except for my brewing thermometer. This will be fixed very soon. Looking at medic kits online today.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus