Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 3806
    RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    So I finally came upon the situation I figured would happen eventually.

A publisher has offered me up front money to write a series of guide books on gardening, hunting, country skills etc...

He offered me up front money and no royalties.

So if I accept, I get paid one time up front for my ideas and info. The money would really help and would cover my property taxes and insurance for the whole property for 2014.

BUT... If I decline and self publish, I could possibly make more money in small dribbles of sales over the next 2-3-4-5 years.

I'd still retain the rights to use the information... And I'd be able to write future guide books.

So like in this series one book would be "Nainoa's introduction to ice fishing" Get paid up front.

Then 2 years from now I could self publish "Nainoa's advanced guide to ice fishing" and in theory attract the same readers to buy the second batch.

I'm thinking this is a situation where a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush?
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    I'd take the promised money now over the possible future money. But that's just me.
    its your money, use it when you need it

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bird in the hand

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Cool...

Tanks for the feedback guys!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cool...

Tanks for the feedback guys!
    but seriously i like the idea about the intro and the advanced

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    but seriously i like the idea about the intro and the advanced
    He and I are doing the back and forth negotiations over e-mail. (Luckily the baby is taking a long nap!)

I made sure to include that I own the rights to the title and the idea for future works.

It could also still work for me in the long run as well. With e-books it's about building readership. You want fans of your voice, style and information. So I do all these little guidebooks for him in 7-12K words... Get the upfront money. Then next year publish a bigger work like a cookbook or rustic recipes and such.

Then I'll start a proper website (Instead of my chincy free blog) with an e-newsletter etc...

Could work for both of us in the long run.

Hopefully he's cool with it.

Regardless everything gets my by line... So with the 5 books I already have out there... Add these 5 and anyone who clicks on the 10 will also see the references to anything else I've published!

I think this publisher's angle is to pay authors like me a modest amount of up front money... He's got a glut of e-books.

Say he's got 100 books out there... Each one makes him $2 per sale... And each one averages 10 sales a month... Well add all that up and it's basically $24,000 in passive income each year!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Well... So far we've verbally agreed on all the terms... He even likes my take and is willing to do cross promotion when I do my self published projects.

He even wants me to write a 6th piece on the philosophy and lifestyle choices.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lifestyle choices? Like when you woke up in a bathtub full of dirty needles with a tranny hooker?
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Lifestyle choices? Like when you woke up in a bathtub full of dirty needles with a tranny hooker?
    No... This is more like the time I drank alcohol after taking some prescription meds... Blacked out on my feet... Had a dream that Jabba the Hutt was drowning a goat on a bucket of Mayonnaise... Woke up and I was having a threesome with two fat chicks.
    6'4"

darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Didn't know we had a homosexual mod

good job sir
    rumpler of stiltskins

"I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer" - Thy Art Is Murder

"Life will cease so breathe deep" - Lorna Shore

Had a dream that Jabba the Hutt was drowning a goat on a bucket of Mayonnaise... Woke up and I was having a threesome with two fat chicks.

Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

good job sir
    LOL... He's quoting an old joke of mine from a different thread!
    6'4"

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

good job sir
    I thought everyone on bb.com was homosexual.

DAMN!

It's blowing like a fat chick at a frat party here! The drifts are CRAZY.

My wife took the car this morning. I should have sent her in the truck... Or like a dog sled team with the ghost of Shakelton!

I've been out in wind and drifting worse than this 5-6 times in my life. Don't know that my wife has!
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, there's a high wind advisory in western iowa. 50+mph with snow. Screw that. Wouldn't want to be in western iowa on a sunny spring day, let alone out in this crap....

in omnia paratus

Yeah, there's a high wind advisory in western iowa. 50+mph with snow. Screw that. Wouldn't want to be in western iowa on a sunny spring day, let alone out in this crap....
    Looking out the window... The drifts here are 10-12 inches below the top of the snow fence. Once they hit the top all hell breaks loose.

I've been playing with making what I call a "Drift gutter."

The inner driveway near the house has no snow fence to block the drifts. When the wind blows at JUST the right angle (Like only 10 degrees on the compass isn't protected by forest or the outer fences). It drifts the entire inner compound.

So I went out on that last night warm day we had and I made a ditch on the other side of the snow bank. The drifting snow now falls into that ditch and fills it up so there isn't as much to try to climb the banks.

Seems to work on that small 200 foot area... Now... Do I dare to try the same thing in a 600 foot long straight line along the exposed field?

Keeping in mind that it seems to only be a 2-3 storm fix!
    6'4"

darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    I thought everyone on bb.com was homosexual.

I was homosexual when i found this forum, now I am try-sexual

found out my winter boots are 7 years old. thinking about replacing them.
    rumpler of stiltskins

"I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer" - Thy Art Is Murder

The inner driveway near the house has no snow fence to block the drifts. When the wind blows at JUST the right angle (Like only 10 degrees on the compass isn't protected by forest or the outer fences). It drifts the entire inner compound.

LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm thinking this is a situation where a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush?
    I'd certainly say so, given the flexibility to publish independently anyway in future endeavors.
    Near, far, wherever you are...
    ...I believe that the heart does go on.
    Once more, you open the door.
    And you're here in my heart.
    And my heart will go on and on.

*HILARY/MICHELLE 2016*
    -Misc Progressive Thinkers Crew-
    {I Need Feminism Because Women Bring Us Life}

Just purchased an Olight S15 Baton flashlight off amazon. Need it for work but they come in handy.

Those looking at lights, have you seen this guy?

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetai...3#.UtmrmvQo6IU

that ring adjuster is pretty sick and slick. Notecore makes a great all around charger too
    rumpler of stiltskins

nope, looks pretty good though

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    nope, looks pretty good though
    yeah pretty sweet, just out of my price range right now.
    rumpler of stiltskins

in omnia paratus

kind of pricey for the lumens given
    rumpler of stiltskins

From what I understand, they are underrated on lumens.

in omnia paratus

From what I understand, they are underrated on lumens.
    they better be.
    rumpler of stiltskins

wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wonderbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did the polar vortex make you change something/gave you to think in your prepping plans? (srs)
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***
    *** Misc BMW Crew ***
    *** Misc Classical Music Crew ***

Originally Posted by wonderbrah View Post
    Did the polar vortex make you change something/gave you to think in your prepping plans? (srs)
    Not really... It's still Minnesota, I have all the same back up short term heating plans that allow me the time I need to install the long term heating plans.

Worst case scenario I could spend an entire winter living in the wood stove heated fish house while installing the large wood stove into the main house.

As it stands today, I would love to run the main house off a wood stove, or even better an outdoor wood boiler... But the wood stove I have in mothballs would raise my home owners insurance 35% to use it... And a wood boiler is $7K and probably another $3K to modify it for maximum efficency in the house with heat exchangers and in floor heating.

However there is a wood boiler distributor, with a sample boiler units sitting outside just 7 miles from my place with access from a little used road. So in a TEOTWAWKI, I could always drive my truck up there with 2-3 stout fellows and "appropriate" one.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by wonderbrah View Post
    I am good to go with the cold weather.
    rumpler of stiltskins

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not really... It's still Minnesota, I have all the same back up short term heating plans that allow me the time I need to install the long term heating plans.

Worst case scenario I could spend an entire winter living in the wood stove heated fish house while installing the large wood stove into the main house.

As it stands today, I would love to run the main house off a wood stove, or even better an outdoor wood boiler... But the wood stove I have in mothballs would raise my home owners insurance 35% to use it... And a wood boiler is $7K and probably another $3K to modify it for maximum efficency in the house with heat exchangers and in floor heating.

However there is a wood boiler distributor, with a sample boiler units sitting outside just 7 miles from my place with access from a little used road. So in a TEOTWAWKI, I could always drive my truck up there with 2-3 stout fellows and "appropriate" one.
    Stealing things from other people seems to be a recurring theme.

rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rocketfish11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've got an Eberlestock pack.
    A Garmin GPSMaps 62.
    A pretty decent Gerber knife.
    Am intending to grab another 4 3L bladders (will have a total of 6 then)

Is there anything else you guys suggest as essential in a hiking/camping setup? (apart from the obvious food)
    I'm thinking of 4 days out etc.

I've got sealed bags, baby wipes, bin bags, adequate amounts of strapping tape.