View Poll Results: Which of these dipping belts would you choose?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • De Rigueur dipping belt

33 57.89%
  • Spud dipping belt

14 24.56%
  • Spud squat belt

10 17.54%
    Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which of these dip belts would you choose?

1) De Rigueur dipping belt

2) Spud dipping belt

3) Spud squat belt

I'm choosing one of these dipping belts. Maybe you have experience with one of them or you could tell which one of these three you'd take if you were shopping for a dipping belt.

I have had a bad experience with a leather belt and so did a friend. I think these 3 options I listed are supposed to be the best belts which use a synthetic fibre. I'm not sure which is the best/most comfortable to take. I put the squat belt in the options too cause it seems like a good belt to do dips and chins with too.
    "Tough times don't last, tough men do"

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the leather ProGryp and love it. Just curious of the bad experience you and your friend had with the leather belts?

Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1 View Post
    I have the leather ProGryp and love it. Just curious of the bad experience you and your friend had with the leather belts?
    The part where the ring attaches to the leather gave out on me (the leather broke). With my friend it wasn't actually due to the belt being made of leather, but the clip broke.

I didn't mean to imply leather belts can't be good. There are lots of different brands and maybe there are good ones available that don't have problems. But I've read that the ones made of the synthetic fabric like the ones I listed can handle more weight. I just want to be sure I buy one where I do not have to worry about it breaking or not at all. (That plus ease of use and comfort would make the perfect belt)

I read a thread here where someone had problems with the chain/(clip?) of the belt you mention also: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=182009841

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yes, some of the hardware with the cheaper belts is pretty lame. I haven't actually used it, but I'd be confident picking belt#2, just from the pic.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks Reem, that was an interesting read. I'll keep an eye on my chains and attach points. At this point I'm only using a 25 pound plate for dips & chins, so I expect I'll be ok for a while.

Ok score is 1-5-4 as of now.

I wonder if it's just on looks people made the choice.
    Maybe I shall add the manufacturer's description.

The first one might look lame but:
    "It's been used to set records and is small enough that if you train in a gym with something that's not quite up to snuff, you can toss this in your gym bag. IronMind's De Rigueur Dipping Belt holds 1,000 pounds with ease, so you can concentrate on your training, rather than wondering about unplanned landings when your sub-standard dipping belt explodes."

Second one:
    Heavy duty and built to last, this dip belt is designed not to slip or fall during your dip or pull-up work. Load whatever you want-dumbells, kettlebells or your friends! If you can move it, this belt will hold it. Dip or get the hell out!

Third one:
    Use this belt and you will be hooked. The material is softer and does not cut the skin. Maximum performance is assured with this belt and it is guaranteed to never wear out. You will quit lifting before this belt will!

Cost (cheapest to most expensive): spud dipping belt (~40)-> ironmind de rigueur belt (~55) -> spud squat belt (~70) (would need extra chain/clip also)

FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anything from Ironmind is built like a tank, so I vote #1

But pay a bit more and get the Super Squats hip belt for an added bonus.
    http://www6.mailordercentral.com/iro...sp?number=1220

So I found some more info on the Spud belts. Here are a few pictures.
    The Spud dip belt seems a bit short. The guy on the photo is using a small plate and not a lot of room left at the crotch area. Don't know if it would fit well with 45's. (Or maybe he just has a large waist)

Here are some of a guy using the Spud squat belt. Not with plates, but attached to a machine (looks like a pretty cool machine, Pit Shark). I wonder if the squat belt would be too long to hold 45's and do dips on a normal dipping station...I think it should fit if the chain and/or clip chosen to connect the loops is short.

Of the Ironmind De Rigueur there are pretty much no other pics to be found. I wonder if I'll like the way the strap attaches to the belt. Not easy like with a clip...(Not even sure how it DOES work actually judging from the small pic)

Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    removed
    Last edited by Thail; 12-30-2008 at 05:58 PM.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Ironmind one and it is by far the most comfortable, durable and easily portable weight belt I have ever used (and I have used 3).
    I go it off ebay for about $30, so I didnt pay full price.

Again, I LOVE it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I really don't think dip belts are that important. I bought a padded nylon one from Sports Authority for $15. It'll prob last a year or two since I use it a couple times a week. When it fails I'll get a new one....for another $15.

No big deal.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pd4pd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have had two grizzly belts, both from bodybuilding.com, and both have only lasted a couple of months before the bolts start to fall out.
    Kaged and Nutrabio
    Powertec

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would definetly go for the first one. Ironmind rocks! Make sure you don't lose it though, cause it ain't cheap.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kung-Fool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I really don't think dip belts are that important. I bought a padded nylon one from Sports Authority for $15. It'll prob last a year or two since I use it a couple times a week. When it fails I'll get a new one....for another $15.

No big deal.
    I agree. I just wrap an $8.00 piece of chain around my belt and hang the weight from that. No need for a seperate "dip belt".

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What did you decide Reem?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com