Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Do you ever see anything unusual at the gym?

Yesterday I saw a gym member on the treadmill. Had a miniature home theatre system with surround sound set up including 6 speakers with the screen strapped to the treadmill and wearing battery back pack. Speakers strapped to the front, and on the side rails. Lots of wires all over the place- looked like a cardiac stress test. I guess it broke up the boredom of the treadmill and a good way to pass the time and burn the calories. It caught the attention of a lot of other gym members also.
    "Nothing is impossible"

cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbrickhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a few days ago one of the legs fell off one of the power strider machines they have at the gym while some guy was using it. the look on his face was priceless

utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I often work out in my underwear, fart whenever I want and grunt as loud as I want to while lifting...

I workout by myself at home but still...

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw an obese woman being "trained" by an only slightly less obese woman in my gym the other day... It kept me entertained throughout my workout =D

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is a trainer at my gym and I SWEAR to GOD I cannot figure out if its a man or woman. No Joke. I feel bad saying that, but I just cant figure it out.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) churn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    about a year ago i was at a gym where i saw the same guy come in work on his biceps and only his for an hour every day for the entire 2 months i was there (i always got there before and left after him and was there 6/7 days). he had ok biceps but i always wondered if he could do even 1 pushup

also I see some people get under the squat bar and go down about 1/4 of the way. they do about 6 reps on 225, get out and cheer
    Weight - 183
    Height - 5'9"
    BF: cutting from 11 to 7

1RM:
    Bench - 315
    Squat - 400

phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phatryde has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

^Reason why I don't like working out @ a GYM too many people focusing on others, and not enough on the workout.

HOME GYM FTW!!! GRUNT, FARTS, ****S AND MIRROR POSING.

Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danzig747 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not a fan of going to the gym, too many hot shots

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by churn View Post
    about a year ago i was at a gym where i saw the same guy come in work on his biceps and only his for an hour every day for the entire 2 months i was there (i always got there before and left after him and was there 6/7 days). he had ok biceps but i always wondered if he could do even 1 pushup

also I see some people get under the squat bar and go down about 1/4 of the way. they do about 6 reps on 225, get out and cheer
    Hahaha... I dont even consider these people unusual. In fact they ARE the most common in my apartment complex gym (its actually decently equiped). I usually see people come in, look around for a second, go strait for the free weight rack (or preacher curl machine), curl for about 15 minutes (starting with about 40 lbs- putting it back and getting 15's), and leave chugging their powerade. That, or a full body workout with 2-3 reps of every machine in the gym before walking 5 minutes and leaving.

Funny, but irritating when im trying to get my workout done quickly.

Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bossdjay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There was a couple nerdy looking older guys at my old gym that would come in, sit on say the leg extension machine, and just stare at all the ladies that were in the "leg section". I thought "how creepy"....and i could watch the whole thing from the 2nd level cardio area. It was completely obvious, i wonder why noone ever said anything to them...

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as I know, I'm the most unusual thing at my gym - because I actually break a sweat.

FEARING OWN STRENGTH Grandfather's Avatar
    Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow, where to start...

lots of bad bad bad form:
    -they guy who is bench pressing with his entire body lifted off of the bench except for the uppermost part of his back.
    -the old guy doing deadlifts with a bent ass back
    -the guy doing the most exaggerated stances on the preacher curls ( he puts his arm over the pads and keeps his body completely straight without sitting on the chair )

lots of chicken leg dudes in shorts:
    -curling 60lb dumbbells, then "super-setting with the tri's bro"
    -the guys curling with the barbell in the cage while I'm waiting to squat, "one more set bro"

lots of lazy trainers (WTF):
    -just last night i saw some trainer holding a session with like 3 ladies and the whole time I could hear him talking to them about his personal **** while he gave brief instructions on exercises. He would go on to talk while one of the ladies proceeded to do some lift with poor form, him being too busy to correct them.

and the worst - old guys with the little ass short
    i am genuinely surprised i haven't seen their old shriveled up balls yet.

I also see a lot of people that look like they are genuinely working out hard and working out right.
    Last edited by Grandfather; 07-25-2008 at 09:52 AM.

SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is the old guy who sits at the first bench in the locker room completely butt naked except for the towel he wraps around his head and face. He just sits still in dead silence. You can count on him being there every weekday at 6 PM.

Nobody has yet to see his face to this day, but legend has it if he looks into your eyes you instantly turn into stone.

utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) utvolman99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SB_Stong View Post
    There is the old guy who sits at the first bench in the locker room completely butt naked except for the towel he wraps around his head and face. He just sits still in dead silence. You can count on him being there every weekday at 6 PM.

Nobody has yet to see his face to this day, but legend has it if he looks into your eyes you instantly turn into stone.
    Watch that third eye, it will get you too!

Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Philabong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One day I saw a guy hop on a treadmill, bump up to (what appeared to be) max incline and max speed. Stretch for 5 minutes, then start running. After about 5 minutes, in mid stride, without setting a foot on the side bars or holding on to anything.... he switched to running backwards. Same speed, same incline. Did that for 5 minutes and switched back. He did that about a half dozen times.

It was amazing.

jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The PERFUME LADY

About a month ago when I was working out on the the step machine, this middle aged lady wearing leopard tights got on the step machine next to where I was working out. The perfume she was wearing was so strong it made me sick to my stomach to the point where I could taste the perfume. I had to hop off of the step machine and hop on another one a few rows down.
    "Nothing is impossible"

Originally Posted by utvolman99 View Post
    I often work out in my underwear, fart whenever I want and grunt as loud as I want to while lifting...

I workout by myself at home but still...
    LMAO Uvol. Hey congrats on dropping another 5 pounds.
    Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by jsfmt99; 07-25-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: **
    "Nothing is impossible"

Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today for the ENTIRE time I was doing my cardio, I saw someone about a year or so younger than I load up 250lb on a bench, then lie under the bar and proceed to play on his PSP for forty-five minutes (Maybe more? I left after my cardio was through, >_>)

I've sorta come to expect it training in my high school gym, though.

Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
    Today for the ENTIRE time I was doing my cardio, I saw someone about a year or so younger than I load up 250lb on a bench, then lie under the bar and proceed to play on his PSP for forty-five minutes (Maybe more? I left after my cardio was through, >_>)

I've sorta come to expect it training in my high school gym, though.
    lol, a truly hard workout

Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dingod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by phatryde View Post
    ^Reason why I don't like working out @ a GYM too many people focusing on others, and not enough on the workout.

HOME GYM FTW!!! GRUNT, FARTS, ****S AND MIRROR POSING.
    Alright, grunts farts and mirror posing I can understand, but ****s while you're working out? you sick mofo.

v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Grandfather View Post
    -the guy doing the most exaggerated stances on the preacher curls ( he puts his arm over the pads and keeps his body completely straight without sitting on the chair )
    I do this! The not sitting in the chair, it prevents me from cheating and using my back. Plus, it's good to hit different angles ect.. with placement of your arms..

See link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post196558111
    Last edited by v1l2u5; 07-25-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: adding link
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." ~Bill Phillips~

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" - George Sheehan

Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brashanic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thers this guy who has lost about 200lbs in the last two years. i congratulate him on that but now i have to rant. this guy looks like crap. the reason it is a problem is he sits naked in the locker room for an hour and eats. the reason that is a problem is because he openly stares at you while your changing. he follows some people into the shower(including me) and just gawks at you, and thats a big problem. i have fliped him off ( he temporarly looked away)I have told him to knock it off, I have farted, sneezed and blew my nose, coughed without covering my mouth all while he's eating his sandwich and staring. this guy won't stop. i quit showering. i started going in the evening but he's there then too. same friggin routine. i don't shower any more. everyone is sick of this guy. he's a sick freak.
    Journal @ www.all the misc.com

--BMBC--

**** Son of Asgard **** TheManofSteel's Avatar
    TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheManofSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was wearing my black sweatbands [I usually wear two, one on each forearm] (it's a tradition) & someone asked me if they gave me special powers when I work out.

SERIOUS

weird guy... just came up to me in the middle of a set & asked if they gave me powers ...

I remember a guy who drank nothing but Diet Soda even while working out... he once spilled it all over and I made him clean it up...

this guy Adam that was in sick shape had the tradition of doing 100 back extensions, 100 bicycles, and 100 leg lifts before every training session

a couple of old guys at the YMCA, two I remember specificaly HAD (HAD) to train on the same treadmill every time they came in ... no ifs ands or buts... almost had a fight break out, cause one of them was pissed that someone else took "HIS treadmill"

I'm sure I'll think of some more, working 6 years in between gyms I've encountered a few
    B.S. in Health & Exercise Science / M.S. in Exercise Physiology / (Former) Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist

"There's US & there's THEM; always has been & always will be" - B.F., My Mentor
    "If you're not PASSIONATE about it... it's just another thing" - My Pops

Been Around Too Long Crew / OG Misc'r

RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobbFix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the 60+ year old dangling harry ball sack of doom.

I don't know why, I don't even want to know why, for some reason there is always an old guy who smells of aqua velva and feels totally comfortable being naked and dragging his nuts around the locker room.

If it was one old guy I'd feel bad, two I'd think there was an epidemic, now that I've seen an unhealthy amount of stretched testicals I'm planning on euthanizing myself at 50.

Thanks a lot old naked dude!

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jsfmt99 View Post
    Yesterday I saw a gym member on the treadmill. Had a miniature home theatre system with surround sound set up including 6 speakers with the screen strapped to the treadmill and wearing battery back pack. Speakers strapped to the front, and on the side rails. Lots of wires all over the place- looked like a cardiac stress test. I guess it broke up the boredom of the treadmill and a good way to pass the time and burn the calories. It caught the attention of a lot of other gym members also.
    Wow, next time, take a video and put it on youtube, then share it with us
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a guy ask me walking out of the gym if moving my baseball cap from front to back made me think I'm a badass? I was like what? No, maybe it's because I was doing BB shoulder press and the bar hits the bill of my hat jackass.
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." ~Bill Phillips~

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" - George Sheehan

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From my post in the "Are you a gym idiot" thread, the "unusual" (but unfortunately usual) people in the gym:

1. Women who "do cardio" while on cell phones. Lift almost no weight a million times thinking they will "get more tone" and never break a sweat, because then, the two pounds of makeup they have on and their recently done hair won't get messed up. Also, the girls who don't need to work out that much but go to the gym just to look cute in tight workout clothes and check out the guys (while shallow and lame, I didn't mind these girls coming in TOO much ;-))

2. People who don't re-rack their weights...ON PURPOSE!! You may pay a lot for your gym membership, but that doesn't mean you can be a slob.

3. People who re-rack weights, but don't have the intelligence of a kindergartener who can at least match shapes.

4. People who try and make you feel like a dick when you call them out for leaving their ass sweat on the bench and not re-racking weights by saying "I had another set left." Oh really? Is that why you've been on the elliptical next to "I go to the gym to look cute" girl for the last 20 minutes?

5. The Over the Top Under Armour guy. I hate the guys who come in decked out in Under Armour and all kinds of expensive apparel, and look like crap. No one wants to see your beer belly wrapped in skin-tight UA like a jiggly Christmas present of disgust. I LOVE Under Armour, but feel like a D-bag if I go to the gym wearing it, so I just use it (the loose stuff at that) when I run on the back roads near my neighborhood when I go home for the summer (TN is hot and humid...really humid).

6. "Power walkers." While hilarious, I feel embarrassed for them. I find it very unusual watching their exaggerated hip movement and almost dangerous arm swing. No offense to anyone who does this, I probably just an @$$hole.

7. The locker room perv. He's there, he's fat, he's not using his towel to its full covering-of-the-junk potential, and you know he's checking you out. I hate that creep.

8. Smoothie King. The guy who goes to the food bar and gets himself a smoothie with every additive offered. Still not sure if this guy works out or not.

9. Sweatband hero. The guy (usually some emo or punk wannabe kid) with sweatbands on his bicep, wrists, head, and for some reason, his ankles. I kid you not, I've seen it. Plus, the sweatbands are different colors or rainbow colored. Nothing wrong with sweatbands, but seriously, there's a point where they become unnecessary.

10. The people who look at me like a retard doing clean and presses, kettlebell snatches etc and think their fat self can tell me what and how to lift. Leave me be and go fake it on the bike some more while you watch CNN or read the paper.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

Originally Posted by Wild_Weasel View Post
    From my post in the "Are you a gym idiot" thread, the "unusual" (but unfortunately usual) people in the gym:

1. Women who "do cardio" while on cell phones. Lift almost no weight a million times thinking they will "get more tone" and never break a sweat, because then, the two pounds of makeup they have on and their recently done hair won't get messed up. Also, the girls who don't need to work out that much but go to the gym just to look cute in tight workout clothes and check out the guys (while shallow and lame, I didn't mind these girls coming in TOO much ;-))

2. People who don't re-rack their weights...ON PURPOSE!! You may pay a lot for your gym membership, but that doesn't mean you can be a slob.

3. People who re-rack weights, but don't have the intelligence of a kindergartener who can at least match shapes.

4. People who try and make you feel like a dick when you call them out for leaving their ass sweat on the bench and not re-racking weights by saying "I had another set left." Oh really? Is that why you've been on the elliptical next to "I go to the gym to look cute" girl for the last 20 minutes?

5. The Over the Top Under Armour guy. I hate the guys who come in decked out in Under Armour and all kinds of expensive apparel, and look like crap. No one wants to see your beer belly wrapped in skin-tight UA like a jiggly Christmas present of disgust. I LOVE Under Armour, but feel like a D-bag if I go to the gym wearing it, so I just use it (the loose stuff at that) when I run on the back roads near my neighborhood when I go home for the summer (TN is hot and humid...really humid).

6. "Power walkers." While hilarious, I feel embarrassed for them. I find it very unusual watching their exaggerated hip movement and almost dangerous arm swing. No offense to anyone who does this, I probably just an @$$hole.

7. The locker room perv. He's there, he's fat, he's not using his towel to its full covering-of-the-junk potential, and you know he's checking you out. I hate that creep.

8. Smoothie King. The guy who goes to the food bar and gets himself a smoothie with every additive offered. Still not sure if this guy works out or not.

9. Sweatband hero. The guy (usually some emo or punk wannabe kid) with sweatbands on his bicep, wrists, head, and for some reason, his ankles. I kid you not, I've seen it. Plus, the sweatbands are different colors or rainbow colored. Nothing wrong with sweatbands, but seriously, there's a point where they become unnecessary.

10. The people who look at me like a retard doing clean and presses, kettlebell snatches etc and think their fat self can tell me what and how to lift. Leave me be and go fake it on the bike some more while you watch CNN or read the paper.

So much anger, damn music today!

lol.. Agree'd with a lot of em.

FEARING OWN STRENGTH Grandfather's Avatar
    Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grandfather is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by v1l2u5 View Post
    I do this! The not sitting in the chair, it prevents me from cheating and using my back. Plus, it's good to hit different angles ect.. with placement of your arms..

See link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post196558111
    ahh i get you man
    it still seems a little bit silly but i get you.

Originally Posted by Grandfather View Post
    ahh i get you man
    it still seems a little bit silly but i get you.
    I don't sqirm around during my set but I put my placement of my elbows in different spots sometimes.

See the "Getting Cut with Glass" Video
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut5.htm