monalisa02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

where did you gain the most weight?

I am an ectomorph (5'2 and 103 lbs.) And I hope to gain 15+ pounds in about 3 months. I consume 2300 calories a day but My only problem is that I am not that active. I go hiking once a week and may do some fitness excercises a few times a week but for the most part I am lazy. My fear is that all the extra weight will go 2 my stomach and lower back. Also, will my breasts get bigger?

Where did you guys gain the most weight?

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When eating an excess of calories without doing any resistance training, the weight you gain will very likely be more fat than muscle. Generally, fat distribution on women is mainly over the hips, bum, thighs and breasts.

If you're concerned that you won't be happy with your body after you've gained weight, it's definitely worth starting up a lifting program, so as to make a higher percentage of the weight gain muscle mass. This way, you create a more proportionate figure.

The most important thing is being comfortable with yourself and creating something that's sustainable.
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you want to gain muscle or simply body weight? There is no way to gain 15lbs of muscle in that short period of time. At best you could hope for 3-5lbs of muscle and even then, that would be reaalllly pushing it.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always show most in my stomach area... I cut 20lbs in a months time (yes hardcore Daniel Fast) and still it seems as though my gut didn't lose anything. (All I can see is loss in my face and my chest/shoulders).

Starting tomorrow I intend on cutting back on calories and eating cleaner so I can lose the gut... I really don't wanna lose any more in my shoulders/chest though.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're 16 years old. Don't worry so much about where weight will go. Yes, some should go to your boobs. Some may initially go to your mid-section before filling out your lower body and arms. With your stats you could probably use more cushioning. Weightlifting would be great for adding muscle weight. Even body weight exercises at home.

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree!!! Sweetie, don't stress, you are still growing and will fill out in no time I swear...in the meantime, learn life long goals of eating clean and lifitng weights with good form....the beauty about weights is it can TRANSFORM your body and ADD CURVES with some work...eat, lift smart and soon you will be able to see your hard work transform your body But in the meantime, learn to love it for all it is ... when you're my age....lol....you'll soon be battling different demons
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

monalisa02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You're 16 years old. Don't worry so much about where weight will go. Yes, some should go to your boobs. Some may initially go to your mid-section before filling out your lower body and arms. With your stats you could probably use more cushioning. Weightlifting would be great for adding muscle weight. Even body weight exercises at home.
    I have no problem gaining weight, I actually said that my goal was to gain 15 pounds. I just want it 2 be in the right areas. The last thing I need is 15 pounds of back fat.
    I use dumbells twice a day and have noticed some definition in my arms. I'll try and do some dance work outs or cardio

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with the ladies whole heartedly that you are only 16 and you really shouldn't stress out too much about this whole thing but I know what I was like at 16 (very determined) and you are probably going to do this regardlesss. So I would like to point you in the right direction at least and make you are doing things correctly rather see you not receive any help and get it wrong.

That being said the following came from Robert Wolff's book - Bodybuilding 101, it's an excellent book and will serve you throughout your bb'ing career should you decide to continue.

Training for the Ectomorph

Ok so looking back at the last two body types, the endomorph gains size quickly but has to fight to keep the fat off. The mesomorph, bodybuilding?s gifted body type, puts on lean muscle fairly easily and has an average to below-average body fat level.

That leaves the ectomorph, who tends to be thin, lean and lanky. Typically, an ectomorph will have a short upper torso; long arms and legs; narrow chest, shoulders, feet and hands; and long, thin muscles.

Ectomorphs are leaders in the expedition for muscle size and weight. However hopeless it may seem for ectomorphs to gain slabs of beef or become champion bodybuilders, they shouldn?t lose hope. Champions like three-time Mr. Olympia Frank Zane and many other great bodybuilders were at one time ectomorphs. Here are some training and nutrition tips that are sure to help the ectomorph.

Use Power Movments and Train Heavy

The ectomorph needs to lift heavy weights to hit the deep muscle fibres that will make the body grow. Don?t waste your time on isolations or cable movements right now! (Note he is saying right now because your focus at this moment in time is to put on mass). If you are an ectomorph, you should do the following:

Legs
    Squats
    Stiff-legged deadlift
    Donkey Calf Raise

Chest
    Dumbbell or barbell incline press

Back
    Chin-up
    Barbell, Dumbbell or T-bar row

Shoulders
    Dumbbell or barbell front press

Biceps
    Barbell or dumbbell curl

Triceps
    Close-grip bench press
    Dips
    Or
    Lying EZ-bar French press

Take Longer Rest Periods

Ectomorphs tend to train at a fast pace and would benefit greatly ? both in recovery and strength ? if they slowed down. Intense training is the stimulus that creates muscle growth. Intensity can be accomplished in a number of ways; two of the best are heavy lifting and longer rest between sets; and lighter lifting with shorter rest time.

Because high-intensity workouts are necessary to make the ectomorph grow, their focus should be on lifting heavier and taking longer rest periods between sets to ensure greater muscular recovery for maximum intensity and strength for each set.

The Nutrition Factor

Training is unquestionably an important element in the ectomorph?s bodybuilding success, but good nutrition is too! In fact, one of the biggest reasons ectomorphs have so many problems is that they eat too many of the wrong foods and too little of the good foods, and don?t eat often enough. Let?s simplify things. You should structure your diet in the following way.
    • Eat five to seven small meals daily.

Increase your daily protein intake to 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Aim to get protein intake to no less than 35 percent of your daily total caloric intake.

Have a protein shake 90 minutes before bedtime.

Carbs should be 45 percent of daily dietary intake.

Increase your daily intake of fibrous carbs, while limiting your intake of simple sugars.

Keep your fat intake to roughly 20 percent of your daily dietary intake.

Eat slower-burning glycemic-index foods such as beans, sweet corn, lentils, yams, peas, nonfat dairy products, porridge, oats, and pasta.

Supplement with a good multivitamin/mineral (I think all of us regardless should be doing this).

Drink lots of water throughout the day. (again all of us should be doing this).

Keep Stress Levels Low

Many ectomorphs are high-strung individuals. They are usually amped up and on the go. For such individuals, stress can be a problem ? it affects progress in the gym by producing cortisol, a catabolic hormone.

Ectomorphs should practice slowing things down and relaxing. Try slowing your pace, and take at least 10 minutes a day to be alone and away from people and noise. In those 10 minutes lie down or sit relaxed, close your eyes, inhale through your nose and slowly and softly repeat the words ?calm?, ?serenity,? and ?Tranquil.? Feel your muscles relax and become heavy, as if concrete weights were attached to them. Imagine that all stress is leaving your body and dissipating in the air. Nothing can bother you. You are in control.

Minimize Outside Activities

Because most ectomorphs have metabolisms as fast as a greyhound?s, their bodies tend t burn the food they eat very quickly. Many ectomorphs I?ve talked to complain that they can?t put on size. For good reason: they don?t eat enough of the right foods, they don?t train correctly, and they engage in too much activity.

If you are an ectomorph and your big goal is to pack on more size and strength, minimize all other activates outside of weight training. Your goal is to make sure your body uses all the nutrients you consume in order to recover and grow from your bodybuilding workouts.

If you must be involved in other physically demanding activities, be sure to take in extra calories ? above those you are taking in for bodybuilding ? and get plenty of rest. Follow these guidelines, and your weight and strength gaining problems will be history!
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want more help check this out:
    Check out my progress and how I went from 157lbs to 191lbs in 9 months..

http://www.vincedelmontefitness.org