I drop vagina panties. Wintermule's Avatar
    Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000)

From stronglifts.com: Squat and Deadlift form

Been noting a lot of squat and deadlift form questions around hereizzle.

Squats:

Squat Setup. You?ll have to think about a lot of things at first. Study the tips below, start with an empty barbell, focus on your technique.

~Chest Up. Keeping your chest up makes lower back rounding impossible & tightening of your upper-back easier.
    ~Forward Look. Look down & your back will bend. Look at the ceiling & your neck will hurt. Look forward.
    ~Bar Position. Put the bar low, on the muscles of your back shoulders. Below the bone at the top of your shoulder-blades.
    ~Grip Width. Narrow grip makes it easier to tighten your upper-back. Do lots of shoulder dislocations if this position feels uncomfortable.
    ~Thumbless Grip. Put your thumbs on top of the bar, next to your fingers. You?ll be able to keep your wrists inline with your forearms.
    ~Straight Wrists. Your back supports the weight, not your hands. Keep your wrists inline with your forearm, never bend them.
    ~Tight Upper-back. Bring your shoulder-blades together. Tightening the upper-back gives the bar a solid base to rest on.
    ~Elbows Back. Don?t let them come forward during the Squat. Pushing your elbows back prevents elbows injuries.
    ~Foot Stance. A narrow stance doesn?t work for the low bar Squat. Heels should be shoulder-width apart.
    ~Toes Out. Point your toes out at about 30 degrees. Your toes must always follow your knees.
    ~Weight on The Heels. Curl your toes up if needed. Never get on your toes. ~Push from the heels.

~Squatting Down. You have unracked the bar correctly. All muscles are tight & ready to Squat. Key to the low bar Squats are the hips.

~Hips Back. Think sitting on your toilet. Hips go back first, way back. If you can?t, you probably have tight hamstrings. Do the Squat Stretch.
    ~Knees Over Toes. Don?t let your knees travel forward in the bottom Squat position. Knees over the toes, not further.
    ~Knees Out. Never allow your knees to buckle in. It can cause knee injury. Push your knees out.
    ~Hit Parallel. Your hip joint must come lower than your knee joint. Ask someone to judge your depth or tape yourself. No Partial Squats.

~Squatting Up. Your hip muscles are stretched when you hit parallel. Use that stretch to bounce from the bottom. DO NOT relax your hip muscles & DO NOT bounce off your knees. Keep your hip muscles tensed.

~Hips Up. If your hips come forward, your knees will also come forward. Drive your hips up straight out of the bottom.
    ~Squeeze Your Glutes. Power comes from the glutes. Squeeze your glutes as hard as you can while driving your hips up.
    ~Push From The Heels. Curl your toes up if needed. Don?t let your heels come off the floor. Push from the heels.
    ~Knees Out. Same as for the way down: don?t let your knees buckle in. Push your knees out.

Common Squat Problems. If you have someone to help you improve your Squat technique, great. Otherwise tape yourself and use the following tips or Starting Strength to improve your Squat technique.

~Lower Back Rounds. Keep your chest up & do the Squat Stretch. Read why your lower back rounds during Squats & how to fix it.
    ~Leaning Forward. Happens when your hips go up faster than your shoulders. Read how to avoid leaning forward on Squats.
    ~Bent Wrists. Will cause wrist pain once the bar gets heavy. Support the weight with your back muscles, not with your wrists.
    ~Knees In. You have weak and/or tight hip muscles. Do the Squat Stretch & actively push your knees out on every rep.
    ~Knees Forward. Move from the hips: hips back when Squatting down, hips up ? not forward ? when Squatting up.
    ~Heels Off The Floor. Puts stress on your knees & impairs stability. Curl your toes up and push from the heels.

Deadlifts:

Before You Deadlift. Basic stuff you need to know before you even think about trying to Deadlift with correct technique.

~Bar Height. Deadlifts start with the bar at mid-shin level. Put plates on the floor if you don?t have/lack the strength to use 20kg plates.
    ~Lifting Shoes. Shoes with air or gel filling are compressible, impairing power transfer & stability. Wear shoes with hard soles. Chuck Taylor?s, weightlifting shoes, socks or barefoot are better than running shoes.
    ~No Straps. Never use straps for Deadlifts. If your grip is weak, Deadlift more. Switch to an alternate grip (baseball grip) & use chalk.

Setup for Deadlift. Don?t move the bar to get into proper position. Walk to the bar & position your feet correctly. Then grab the bar & Deadlift.

~Foot Stance. Shoulder-width stance with toes slightly pointing out. Curl your toes up. Jump up a few times: that?s the stance for Deadlifts.
    ~Bar Position. Bar should be 5 to 10cm (2-4″) from your shins when standing. Remember the position of your laces under the bar.
    ~Chest Up. Make a big chest & lift it up. Pull your shoulders back. Keep this position at all time & your back will never be able to round.
    ~Look Forward. Looking down makes your back round. Looking to the ceiling can cause neck pain. Look forward during the whole lift.
    ~Grip Width. Too small & your hands touch your legs on the way up. Too wide & you have to pull the bar higher. Use about 51cm/20″ grip width.
    ~Gripping the Bar. Put the bar close to your fingers, not in the palm of your hands. This will minimize callus formation & torn skin.
    ~Straight Arms. Deadlifting with bent arms can tear your biceps muscles. Keep your arms straight. Tighten your triceps.

Performing The Deadlift. Deadlift by pushing from the heels & bringing your hips forward. Not by pulling back with your lower back. If you Deadlift correctly, you?ll feel most stress in your upper-back, glutes & hams.

~Shoulder-blades over Bar. Put your shoulder-blades directly over the bar, shoulders in front of the bar. Your hips will be at the correct height.
    ~Bar Against Shins. Pull the bar up in a straight line. The closer the barbell to your shins, the better. No need to scrape your shins.
    ~Push From The Heels. Simple trick: curl your toes up. This automatically puts the weight on your heels.
    ~Bar Close to You. Keep the bar in contact with your body during the whole lift, rolling the bar over your shins & thighs. The closer the bar, the less stress on your lower back & the more weight you can Deadlift.
    ~Squeeze You Glutes. Bring your hips forward by pushing from the heels & squeezing your glutes hard. This prevents pulling with the lower back.
    ~Lock The Weight. The Deadlift ends when your knees & hips are locked. No need to roll the shoulders or hyper-extend the lower back.

Bringing the Weight Down. Don?t lose time bringing the weight down. Do it controlled but not slow. The rule: hips unlock first, then knees.

~Chest Up, Look Forward. Neglecting to do both will make your back round. Keep your chest up, shoulders back & look forward.
    ~Bar Close to You. Keep the bar in contact with your thighs until it reaches knee level. It?s friendlier on your back.
    ~First Hips, Then Knees. Flex at the hips first to return the bar below knee level. Then bend at the knees until the bar is on the floor.

Common Deadlift Errors. Common mistakes you need to avoid to minimize risks of injuries when doing Deadlifts.

~Hips Too High. Use your knees: it?s not a Stiff-legged Deadlift. Put the bar against your shins with the shoulder-blades directly over the bar.
    ~Hips Too Low. It?s not a Squat. Put the bar against your shins with the shoulder-blades directly over the bar. Shoulders in front of the bar.
    ~Bending Your Back. Increases the pressure on your spine thus increasing risk of injury. Keep your chest up at all time & look forward.
    ~Hyper-extending Your Back. As bad as bending. The Deadlift ends when your hips & knees are locked. No need to arch at the top.
    ~Rolling the Shoulders. Dangerous & inefficient. Your hip muscles move the weight, not your shoulders. Extend your knees & hips, stop.
    ~Shrugging at The Top. Unnecessary. If you need more trap emphasis do shrugs or Power Cleans.
    ~Pulling with Bent Arms. You could tear your biceps by pulling with bent arms. Keep your arms straight, tighten your triceps.
    Last edited by Wintermule; 07-24-2008 at 07:31 PM.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108859061

**EHUDD IS MY E-HUS** (no homo)

tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you are a very helpful person
    thanks

Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strong lack of anyone caring.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

dont lift no' mo' NotGirlChocolat's Avatar
    NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotGirlChocolat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wintermule View Post
    DOOBA DOOBA DOOP DOOP DOOP
    WHOAAAAA

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

haha!

ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralxz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good quality read to refresh my memory, thanks
    +repped
    this is not hip-hop this is ****ing war

rippetoe's starting strength is a godly workout program. if you are <5 months new to bodybuilding, you should be on this program. http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

∆ Th∑ Gr∑∑k GΩd ∆ AlphaTauMuscle's Avatar
    AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    when i see your name under a post i just say **** it itz prolly a sex tape with roy in it

Originally Posted by DaYoungSupaman View Post
    when i see your name under a post i just say **** it itz prolly a sex tape with roy in it
    Nah, I posted those on Limewire.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tallthing View Post
    you are a very helpful person
    thanks
    Originally Posted by ralxz View Post
    good quality read to refresh my memory, thanks
    +repped
    Negged

Not really.

I rep back

Originally Posted by Sherman60 View Post
    Negged

Not really.
    Wtf? You're saying that stronglifts doesn't give quality information on form? Good job negging people for appreciating advice, no matter if you dislike the person giving out the advice. What a little bitch, Sherman Merman.
    Last edited by Wintermule; 07-24-2008 at 08:00 PM.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Believe me, I've tried many a time and these threads just fall by the wayside. Good info though, Mehdi has his **** together.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000) Sherman60 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wtf? You're saying that stronglifts doesn't give quality information on form? Good job negging people for appreciating advice, no matter if you dislike the person giving out the advice. What a little bitch, Sherman Merman.
    I see you cannot read:

Originally Posted by Me
    Negged

Not really.

I rep back

I see you cannot read:
    It's the internet son, I interpreted that as saying "not really good advice", not "not really negged". What would even be the point of saying 'negged...not really', you dumb****? Is it supposed to be clever or something? OMG, SIKE! GOT U!

Your mum should've given herself an abortion with a bit of barbed wire.
    Last edited by Wintermule; 07-24-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

It's the internet son, I interpreted that as saying "not really good advice", not "not really negged". What would even be the point of saying 'negged...not really', you dumb****? Is it supposed to be clever or something? OMG, SIKE! GOT U!

Your mum should've given herself an abortion with a bit of barbed wire.

Well then, boy, there's your problem. In case you couldn't notice, I didn't ever refer to the original post.

I rep back

Well then, boy, there's your problem. In case you couldn't notice, I didn't ever refer to the original post.
    Cool.

I'm tired of e-beef with you, you wanna make up and stuff?
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

Cool.

I'm tired of e-beef with you, you wanna make up and stuff?

This place does get boring sometimes you know...

I rep back

I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

Bump.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

Again...bump.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50) tallthing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your threads dont always have to be 5 pages long you attention whore

Originally Posted by tallthing View Post
    your threads dont always have to be 5 pages long you attention whore
    Yes, they do.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal: