Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000)

How To Spot: A Tutorial

*Firstly, let me start off by saying that this is just a guide to help those who still do not fully understand the proper form and way to spot someone doing various exercises. I'll break it up into sections, and if there is anything I miss or say incorrectly, please, by all means, say something and it will be corrected. Now, lets get started. Remember, this is beneficial to all of us.*

Now, I know most of you already have a great understanding of the meaning of the word "spot". You hear it in the gym, you see it in action, hell, you've probably even partook within the action 100's if not 1000's of times. I might just be wasting my breath here typing up this guide noting that spotting is probably one of the easiest things to do in the gym, but I feel that it is necessary to inform others and also get feedback from those who do not do it correctly, or for those who would just like to broaden their way of spotting. I'll try to keep this as short and as descriptive/informative as possible.

Section I: Preparation
    You may not think it, but the first action you take is choosing whether or not you want to spot the person. If someone asks you spot them, this is what that person has already acknowledged:

1. They WILL need assistance.
    2. They feel comfortable with their well-being in YOUR hands.
    3. They NEED an extra boost when the time comes.

With that in mind, and proper gym etiquette, how could you turn down the offer to spot? It gives me a feeling of accomplishment and respect when a bigger guy asks me to give him a hand, and it should make you feel the same. Though, you do always have the option to turn down the offer and they'll have to go find someone else, but why not save them the trouble and just help a brother out? We're in this together, so let's make the best of it.

Another thing to keep in mind and is a very important factor is VERBAL COMMUNICATION. I cannot stress enough how important it is. Without communication, neither of the two know how much time they'll have to spend with each other on that specific exercise. Don't be a mindless zombie just staring at the weight for the guy, let him know that you're there to help, you're attentive, and you're ready. "How many reps are you going for?" "Do you need help getting it off the rack?" "On three." These types of phrases are short, but mean a lot to the person and yourself. With these things in mind, you're ready to move onto the next step, the action.

Section II: Action
    There are various exercises that require different means of spotting methods, but what you must keep in mind is that it is THEIR workout, not yours, so don't do the work for them! I get really P.O.'d when my spotter loves to do the weight for me. I let him know and he lightens up. You will have your chance to lift, but give this guy his chance first. You're only there to help when he needs it or when you use your best judgment and see fit. I'll give a few examples, feel free to add on with your own. The more, the merrier.

Bench Press - Dumbbell - Any Angle:
    The technique I mostly like to use (and is probably the proper one) is the hands placed underneath their triceps/elbows. Let them do the weight and rep it out, but when you see their form starting to falter because of the fatigue, GENTLY and SUBTLY correct their form. Remember, you still want them to get a good workout. If you see them struggling to get the weight up, apply some force underneath their elbows/tricep area, but not much. As little force as possible so that they are still having a hard, but manageable time getting the weight up. Keep your eyes open and stay attentive and watch the weights, you don't want anything falling on the person.

Bench Press - Barbell - Any Angle:
    There are various ways to spot on the Barbell bench press, but the technique I usually use is an "over-under" or alternating grip around the bar to help the other person out when needed. If the lifter asks you to help him get it off the rack, it's best to use the "on three" method to avoid any confusion. Make the lifter count to three, and then help him get it off the rack BUT CONTINUE HOLDING UNTIL HE IS STABILIZED. I've seen several accidents on video and 1 rare but serious accident in real life due to this. Do not let the bar go as soon as you get it up, make sure the person is ready to rep it out. Don't worry, they'll let you know. When the time comes to give them a boost, lightly pull-up the weight, but make sure that they are, again, getting a hard workout.

Squat - Barbell:
    This is one of the more awkward workouts to spot someone just because of the way you stand and the position of your hands. Some of you might even say (no homo) about it, but meh, it's the gym, some things just look funny. The way I spot (not sure if this is the most commonly used way or not) is while standing behind the squatter, one hand on the chest, and the other on the back, correcting form and providing stability. Some people do not agree with or use this method, and would much prefer to have hands firmly placed around the lifter's waist to help that person stand if necessary. Remember to take the necessary precautions in the squat rack if the person looses the weight by setting the racks to their squat elevation. We don't want someone on the ground with a bar on their neck. The movement is pretty simple, if you see form faltering, apply pressure and correct form, and if they are struggling a bit to stand, gently push-pull to give the person some leverage.

Shoulder Press - Dumbbell or Barbell:
    Basically the same as dumbbell benching unless the person needs help getting the weight to shoulder level, then by all means help. Once the weight is in place, let the lifter rep out his weights until he starts to struggle or his form begins to deteriorate. As mentioned before, lightly and gently correct his form and let him continue doing the weight. If it starts to become a strain and a burden, offer a little force underneath his elbows/tricep area. If you are uncomfortable with that while he is doing Barbell shoulder press, you can place your hands on the barbell and help him lift, but be cautious not to pull or push the barbell forward or backwards with the thought of making the lifter lose his balance with the weight, ultimately causing injury. Remember, be alert and be aware of what you are doing when spotting someone.

There are various other exercises that require spots, but I'm sure you get the picture. Feel free to add your own and critique the way I do things also. Now onto the third and final step, Conclusion.

Section III: Conclusion
    After the work is said and done, and the weight is put back down on the rack/resting place, there's really nothing else more that needs to be. If the person requires additional help, give him a hand and let him know that you are there if and when he needs it. "A small ripple can gain momentum and cause a huge disturbance." This is talking about the action you chose to partake in. They'll remember that you helped them out, and others will see that you are a helpful person, which grants you respect and recognition. It feels good knowing that you made a difference, however small and insignificant it may feel, it still feels great. But before I go, there are a few things I would like to reiterate and point out. These are things to keep in mind when performing it, and just general knowledge.

Tips/Things to Keep in Mind:
    1. It's NOT your workout, so don't do all the work!
    2. Be ready to help!
    3. Be at 100% attentiveness!
    4. Use that mouth of yours!
    5. Follow their motions!
    6. Fix Form!
    7. Be Smart!

Above all else, have fun with it. This is the gym, and you are there to better yourself and the people around you are in it for the same game. Lend a hand and one will be waiting for you when you need it.
    Last edited by bigshayet; 07-24-2008 at 07:50 AM.

2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000)

personal favourite

Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000) Muscle1. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty good.
    ---Chew Crew---

*** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Location: Denmark / South perth, western australia, Australia
    droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good post man
    very simple but will help a hell of a lot of people out
    i call for it to be stickyed
    repped
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'' -Muhammad Ali

Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post. Repped.

I can't explain how much it ticks me off when someone just pulls the weight up b/c I 'look like I'm struggling'. It's the gym! Of course I'm going to struggle sometimes...
    "Build YOUR body, not everybody else's." - Me

brb ultrasoundin' TheMightyManlet's Avatar
    TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000) TheMightyManlet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, that was helpful. I normally train in my garage at home but this week I've been lifting at a gym (on holiday). Someone asked me to spot him doing dumbbell bench press, went ok and I think I did most of what you said.

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    This was helpful, repped. I never really knew how to spot, it's something you're expected to know...
    Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116712111

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can you do a vid or find a vid on spotting someone on squats? i have no idea how to lol, but noone ever squats in my gym.

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Roger999 View Post
    Can you do a vid or find a vid on spotting someone on squats? i have no idea how to lol, but noone ever squats in my gym.
    I've seen some people (big guys) spotting each other during squats; one time the spotter was squatting with the squatter (to make him go lower, correct form etc.) and the other time two spotters were just there to lift the barbell from two sides (in case squatter would need it).
    Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116712111

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000) TheIronOwl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by piszczel View Post
    I've seen some people (big guys) spotting each other during squats; one time the spotter was squatting with the squatter (to make him go lower, correct form etc.) and the other time two spotters were just there to lift the barbell from two sides (in case squatter would need it).
    In a perfect world you would have someone squatting behind the squatter spot from the chest/lats under the arms, as well as having to guys on opposite sides of the bar.

Most of the time it's fine to just have the one person behind if it's not a massive amount of weight.
    Last edited by TheIronOwl; 07-24-2008 at 05:59 AM.
    USAW Level 2 Coach
    CSCS
    Collegiate S&C Coach

Feel free to message me any time for advice or questions.

matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) matrixpb64 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    absolutely great post!

bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000)
    I appreciate it fellas, I was just laying in bed this morning with a bad stomach ache and I got to thinking about it. Better to put it to good use than just lay around hurting.

Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000)
    i just use one finger from each hand to push from under the bar on bench press, this just balances the weight a bit for them, and i find that almost anyone can finish their last rep with a spot like that,

Originally Posted by Billster View Post
    i just use one finger from each hand to push from under the bar on bench press, this just balances the weight a bit for them, and i find that almost anyone can finish their last rep with a spot like that,
    1 finger? Hmm...doesn't seem to safe.

Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000) Billster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigshayet View Post
    1 finger? Hmm...doesn't seem to safe.
    i got both my hands under the bar, its just one the index finger of each hand touches the bar, i add however many fingers depending on how hard the last rep looks for them, if they can push it up but is stuck in mid-rep i just use one finger each hand, and most of them are like that. I can easily use both my hands to pull the weight up if the weight starts to drop

Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bench Press - Barbell - Any Angle:
    There are various ways to spot on the Barbell bench press, but the technique I usually use is an "over-under" or alternating grip around the bar to help the other person out when needed. If the lifter asks you to help him get it off the rack, it's best to use the "on three" method to avoid any confusion. Make the lifter count to three, and then help him get it off the rack BUT CONTINUE HOLDING UNTIL HE IS STABILIZED. I've seen several accidents on video and 1 rare but serious accident in real life due to this. Do not let the bar go as soon as you get it up, make sure the person is ready to rep it out. Don't worry, they'll let you know. When the time comes to give them a boost, lightly pull-up the weight, but make sure that they are, again, getting a hard workout.

Squat - Barbell:
    This is one of the more awkward workouts to spot someone just because of the way you stand and the position of your hands. Some of you might even say (no homo) about it, but meh, it's the gym, some things just look funny. The way I spot (not sure if this is the most commonly used way or not) is while standing behind the squatter, one hand on the chest, and the other on the back, correcting form and providing stability. Remember to take the necessary precautions in the squat rack if the person looses the weight by setting the racks to their squat elevation. We don't want someone on the ground with a bar on their neck. The movement is pretty simple, if you see form faltering, apply pressure and correct form, and if they are struggling a bit to stand, gently push-pull to give the person some leverage.
    1. Good way to **** their shoulders up.
    2. They dump the weight your ****ed.

Originally Posted by Billster View Post
    i got both my hands under the bar, its just one the index finger of each hand touches the bar, i add however many fingers depending on how hard the last rep looks for them, if they can push it up but is stuck in mid-rep i just use one finger each hand, and most of them are like that. I can easily use both my hands to pull the weight up if the weight starts to drop
    Oh I understand what you are saying now. Got ya.

Originally Posted by Xamine View Post
    wut?

Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000) Xamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh I understand what you are saying now. Got ya.

wut?
    I bolded what i was talking about, lol

1. "I usually use is an "over-under" or alternating grip around the bar to help the other person out when needed."

2. "one hand on the chest, and the other on the back, correcting form and providing stability."

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Agreed that IMO is a terrible way to spot a squat. You shouldn't be correcting someones posture during a squat... thats not the point of spotting. If they cannot perform the squat with proper form as far as their stability goes then they should NOT be using that weight. You are assist their reps that way they have less chance of injury and so they can finish a rep that maybe they couldn't with out you there. More importantly, 1 spotter on a squat in reality is NOT sufficient to be considered safe... how in the HELL are you going to save that person if they **** up... YOU AREN"T. 2 people on the other hand, on both sides, WILL. This also applies to anyone doing HEAVY benching.

Also a huge part of spotting a just a regular lift is asking the person performing how THEY want to be spotted. Some people are VERY picky on how you spot them whether its safe or not, they don't want your hands anywhere near that bar.

However i disagree on the bench spotting grip.. alternated is the universally accepted way for a single spotter to spot a bench... you are better able to grab the weight if anything were to happen.

frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000) frenchie10575 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice post
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
    - Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    Agreed that IMO is a terrible way to spot a squat. You shouldn't be correcting someones posture during a squat... thats not the point of spotting. If they cannot perform the squat with proper form as far as their stability goes then they should NOT be using that weight. You are assist their reps that way they have less chance of injury and so they can finish a rep that maybe they couldn't with out you there. More importantly, 1 spotter on a squat in reality is NOT sufficient to be considered safe... how in the HELL are you going to save that person if they **** up... YOU AREN"T. 2 people on the other hand, on both sides, WILL. This also applies to anyone doing HEAVY benching.

Also a huge part of spotting a just a regular lift is asking the person performing how THEY want to be spotted. Some people are VERY picky on how you spot them whether its safe or not, they don't want your hands anywhere near that bar.

However i disagree on the bench spotting grip.. alternated is the universally accepted way for a single spotter to spot a bench... you are better able to grab the weight if anything were to happen.
    Ah, understood. Well, I did point out to set the racks high enough on the squat rack so that if anything does happen, the weight does not fall on you or the squatter. It's the way I learned it during football, and I've seen it a few times in the gym which seems to help the other person out. Yes, I failed to mention the two spotters on each side of the bar, but no one in the gym does that much amount of weight in order to have it like that.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah, understood. Well, I did point out to set the racks high enough on the squat rack so that if anything does happen, the weight does not fall on you or the squatter. It's the way I learned it during football, and I've seen it a few times in the gym which seems to help the other person out. Yes, I failed to mention the two spotters on each side of the bar, but no one in the gym does that much amount of weight in order to have it like that.
    understandably so, yeah with a rack there ide say its safe then. But i'de much prefer someone squatting behind me and just helping my up by holding my sides or something

Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    understandably so, yeah with a rack there ide say its safe then. But i'de much prefer someone squatting behind me and just helping my up by holding my sides or something
    Duely noted. Making revisions.

Here is what i was talking about. (use bob as an example)

When you lift them off with the over/under your going to put the bar at an angle and the lifter will either hurt his shoulder or waste energy to fix the bar.

(black line is where the bar is when you lift them off with an over/under)

Here is what i was talking about. (use bob as an example)

When you lift them off with the over/under your going to put the bar at an angle and the lifter will either hurt his shoulder or waste energy to fix the bar.

(black line is where the bar is when you lift them off with an over/under)
    Hmm...I've never really had that problem though Jon. I usually just help lift and let them guide the weight until they are ready, then I slowly release.

PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good read OP!

One question in relation to the Bench Press - Dumbbell.

When supporting at the elbows/tri wouldn't it be easily possible for them to rep fail and have the dumbbell land on there noggin? (yes paranoid)

frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great post shay. Though i thot'd i'd give my input on spotting people squatting. Typically when I spot some1 squatting, i'll stand behind them and have one of my hands/wrists under each armpit, and squattind down/bending over at the waist as they drop down for each rep.. I feel this makes it a little bit easier to give them that little extra bit of help to get the last rep or two
    CHECK OUT THE JOURNAL!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112624821

Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000) Stretch23 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    solid post repped

Originally Posted by PK-III View Post
    Good read OP!

One question in relation to the Bench Press - Dumbbell.

When supporting at the elbows/tri wouldn't it be easily possible for them to rep fail and have the dumbbell land on there noggin? (yes paranoid)
    That is possible, but that's what you, the spotter, is there for. To control their movements in a safe range if you see something amiss, and give help to them when they need it.

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This should be stickied.