nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)

Who here writes case studies?

When you have a client who has a particularly difficult goal whatever that goal may be, do you write out your plan in a journal? In case you are wondering I have been doing that with a few of my more challenging clients.

For example: I have a 72 year old female, with what she claims is "no cartilage" in her knee caps. I could figure just by her gait that she had a difficult time walking about, she more waddled than strided. She claims knee surgery was not an option, due to her working schedule (walmart).

Well, lo and behold 4 months later she has shortened the lateral angle of her knee more toward a midline shift. She doesn't complain of knee pain as she walks anymore and is able to perform not only weighted squats (25 lbs) but also bodyweight bosu squats.

I am going to journal exactly what i did in order for her to achieve this goal, and then have her write up a "testimonial".

Long post short: does anyone else do this?
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, not yet, sorry.

Nick, I'm gonna say you're better educated than me, but I can think of a few possibilities...

1. It was her hip (joint or muscles) and the training had a positive effect...

2. She had extreme tension in her ITB and it loosened enough to reposition her knee...

3. You strengthened or balanced her adductors/abductors...

4. Her diet improved or she supplemented effectively...

5. Working the joint regularly got her synovial fluid production back in line...
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    No, not yet, sorry.

Nick, I'm gonna say you're better educated than me, but I can think of a few possibilities...

2. She had extreme tension in her ITB and it loosened enough to reposition her knee...

5. Working the joint regularly got her synovial fluid production back in line...
    Damn, you guys really know your shxt. Was there a particular cert that you acquired this knowledge from or was it acquired from experience and multiple certs over time?

Nick, this is an awesome idea. At 24hour fitness we have a bunch of consultation worksheets affixed to the side of the clients folders that we fill in after each session but there's not enough room to put anything extensive. I think I'm actually going to make a binder full of blank lined paper and give each client their own tab. That way I can write as much as I want. Awesome idea though. Repski's for that.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    No, not yet, sorry.

You are correct. How I did it and over what course is all written down here, but soon to be written electronically for me to database.

Keltron: I have a 99$ workshop cert through AAAI for personal training and Sports Nutrition. They would laugh me out of any "ACE, NASM, ACSM banquet" because of the lack of credibility my cert carries.

I had backgrounded in nursing and everything else is self taught. I don't think I'm ever going to get the "big" certs because simply at this point there is no incentive. I am on the fast track of being the owner of my own gym, and that's all I could hope for!

Back on topic: note taking is simply a tool in order for a trainer to use when evaluating a client's success. Sometimes I never put pad to paper if the client only wants an overall better physique. It's too much for me to write out!

dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    You are correct. How I did it and over what course is all written down here, but soon to be written electronically for me to database.

Keltron: I have a 99$ workshop cert through AAAI for personal training and Sports Nutrition. They would laugh me out of any "ACE, NASM, ACSM banquet" because of the lack of credibility my cert carries.

I had backgrounded in nursing and everything else is self taught. I don't think I'm ever going to get the "big" certs because simply at this point there is no incentive. I am on the fast track of being the owner of my own gym, and that's all I could hope for!

Back on topic: note taking is simply a tool in order for a trainer to use when evaluating a client's success. Sometimes I never put pad to paper if the client only wants an overall better physique. It's too much for me to write out!
    Out of all the trainers i ran into with the AAAI/ISMA cert you really stand far apart from them. Most trainers get that cert just to land a job real quick. Seems like you took the time to learn your stuff. GJDM!

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are correct.
    LOL...do you mean my assessment or that you're smarter than me?

Reps for double meaning!

Being smart is more subjective. People can be good at different things, doesn't mean we're better or worse (I'm better, heh)

But you are correct in your assessment. Her hips are way out of wack, but it was because of the pain from her knees that caused the overtight IT-Band and lousy gait. Her complaints of joint pain during barometric pressure days has subsided as well.

Being smart is more subjective. People can be good at different things, doesn't mean we're better or worse (I'm better, heh)

But you are correct in your assessment. Her hips are way out of wack, but it was because of the pain from her knees that caused the overtight IT-Band and lousy gait. Her complaints of joint pain during barometric pressure days has subsided as well.
    that's great news.

PS - I saw you arguing macronutrients in another thread. I almost Negged you for unsportsmanlike conduct...that is, you were openly having a battle of the minds with an unarmed opponent!

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i ALWAYS document each session and then each month, evaulate the progressions the client has made and decide which methods work best for their body type. This allows more effective results for future clients.