Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow Starting Over (Transforming) 5ft 6in

- I was obese at age 13 (5ft tall 180 lbs)

- I got skinny at age 16

- Now I'm 21 5ft 6in 135 lbs

- It's been almost 2 years since I worked out last

- I want to lean bulk without putting on fat, I have tried for the pass 5 years lifting weights to get big but I only got fat from bodybuilding.

- I am starting over, I just joined powerhouse gym

- Supplements: Protein shakes

- I wasted so much time and money in the past on supplements and weights

My Obstacles along the way:

-Sticking with it and not giving up

-Affording to even do this

-Being able to eat enough (Idk how you guys do it)

Current Stats:

Height 5ft 6in
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Arms: 12.3 inches
    Quads: 19.5 inches
    Calves: 12.8 inches
    Forearms: 10.75 inches
    Waist 32.5 inches (even though I wear size 30 pants)
    Stomach: 34.5 inches (belly button all the way around luv handles)
    Stomach sucked in: 32 inches
    Wrist: 6.5 inches
    Neck: 15 inches
    Chest: 38.25 inches (all the way around chest and back)

*according to this website: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
    my bodyfat percentage is 20% (tape measurement)
    *I think it's wrong.

Goals:
    Arms: 17 inches
    Quads: 25 inches
    Calves 17 inches
    Waist: 30
    Bodyfat: 10%

My diet isn't going to be as strict as it should be but I don't eat junk food, it tastes nasty to me. I will however be consuming at least 126g of protein a day just from protein shakes alone plus whatever else I eat.

I'm going to be doing full body workouts instead of splits. I'm going to start out probably twice a week because I get sore easily since I haven't worked out in 2 years.

2 years ago my one rep max bench press was 167 lbs.
    Age 15: my one rep max squat was 230 lbs

I went to the gym the other day for the first time. My workout was experimental, trying to remember what I can and can't do. It was like this:

Leg Press 2 x 10 reps (180 lbs)
    Lat Pull Downs 2 x 10 reps (120 lbs)
    Dumbell Flyes 2 x 10 (25 lbs)
    Dips 2 x 10 (my body weight)
    Shoulder Press 2 x 10 (90 lbs)

After that I was too sore to do biceps or anything else.
    I also can't work my abs because of an embillical hernia that I have.

I know must seem like a complete loser but I really need help and I'm serious now about this. I need all the help I can get. I studied a lot of articles on this site since I was 15.

Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horus Ra is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was kinda hoping for some replies on this thread, I mean I don't want to necessarily be flamed. Some helpful motivation or something would be a little nice.

Today I went to the gym again for the 2nd time after 2 years of no exercise.
    I did almost the same workout but with more weight.

Leg Press 3 x 10 reps (180 lbs)
    Lat Pull Downs 2 x 10 reps (120 lbs)
    Dumbell Flyes 2 x 10 (25 lbs)
    Dips 2 x 10 (my body weight)
    Decline machine Shoulder Press 1 x 10 (90 lbs) 1 x 10 (140lbs)

by then my arms felt like they were giong to explode so i left.

.devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all on the same day??

Originally Posted by .devil. View Post
    all on the same day??
    yes sir. full body workouts, not splits. I believe that's what I notated on my initial post.

wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to get some sort of a better routine. You did one back one chest one leg and one shoulders exercise(all on one day). Thats not really going to improve stuff. Try focusing on one or two groups at a time. I'd try a 5 day routine or something with two days off a week. Put back/bi's together(monday) chest and tris(tuesday), wednesday off and legs and shoulders(thursday). Then back to back and bis(friday) and chest and tris(saturday)or something of that nature. Thats about as simple as it gets and then you can tweak it to meet your needs. You can also browse the website and find some decent workouts. If you need to work your legs and shoulders more you can work them in twice a week or even do 6 days so you do each workout twice but that may be overkill when you are starting. The key is to try lots of different things to really find what works for your body. All in all, the important thing to take from this post i guess is pick a couple muscle groups per day and focus on it rather than doing random exercises. Good luck
    Oops, i got fat. Trying to fix that now..

wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizgf19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
    yes sir. full body workouts, not splits. I believe that's what I notated on my initial post.
    oh sorry i didnt see that..um then yeah i would look up some full body workouts because i'm not sure doing a couple sets of flys and 2 sets of lat pulldowns is going to get you where you wanna be. There are tons of other exercises out there try lots and see what works
    Oops, i got fat. Trying to fix that now..

Originally Posted by wizgf19 View Post
    You need to get some sort of a better routine. You did one back one chest one leg and one shoulders exercise(all on one day). Thats not really going to improve stuff. Try focusing on one or two groups at a time. I'd try a 5 day routine or something with two days off a week. Put back/bi's together(monday) chest and tris(tuesday), wednesday off and legs and shoulders(thursday). Then back to back and bis(friday) and chest and tris(saturday)or something of that nature. Thats about as simple as it gets and then you can tweak it to meet your needs. You can also browse the website and find some decent workouts. If you need to work your legs and shoulders more you can work them in twice a week or even do 6 days so you do each workout twice but that may be overkill when you are starting. The key is to try lots of different things to really find what works for your body. All in all, the important thing to take from this post i guess is pick a couple muscle groups per day and focus on it rather than doing random exercises. Good luck
    I'm not a noob, I've studied this for years. I used to have a split routine. I like the full body workouts, they give me consistency, also if you read the article it reccommends full body workouts for people starting out. Seeing as how I'm back 2 years later, I need to start off small and find the best way to keep me going at it so I don't give up. I'm not doing random exercises btw. Also, I was pretty sore from the last workout, experience will tell you that you should listen to your body and that doing a million sets for one muscle group a week is waste of time.

*side note: I had a hernia that still hasn't been removed, so I can't work abs and sometimes other exercises will make it hurt.
    Last edited by Horus Ra; 07-24-2008 at 04:40 PM.

.devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diet is more important than workout
    anyone can go to the gym and put in an hr of effort. but diet requires 24 hr dedication and will decide your success/failure. eat 6-7 times a day. whats your diet like?

anyone can go to the gym and put in an hr of effort. but diet requires 24 hr dedication and will decide your success/failure. eat 6-7 times a day. whats your diet like?
    I agree. Right now I don't have a set diet but I'm trying to get one done for next week because my job is so crazy and other things. When I worked out before years ago, my diet wasn't strict enough and I wasn't getting enough protein. Now I'm making sure I do by consuming 126 grams a day just from protein shakes alone plus whatever else I eat.

I don't want to get fat from bodybuilding like last time. So I'm a bit afraid to consume too much carbs.

Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
    I agree. Right now I don't have a set diet but I'm trying to get one done for next week because my job is so crazy and other things. When I worked out before years ago, my diet wasn't strict enough and I wasn't getting enough protein. Now I'm making sure I do by consuming 126 grams a day just from protein shakes alone plus whatever else I eat.

I don't want to get fat from bodybuilding like last time. So I'm a bit afraid to consume too much carbs.
    good luck finding the right diet.
    discipline is the key. just stick with it and you will see results.

cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck on your goals. Here are my suggestions:

1. Lift heavy using compound exercises. I would replace leg press with squats.
    2. Eat more. Dont be afraid to add a little fat. It's difficult to add mass without caloric excess.
    3. Get lots of sleep.
    4. Cardio to limit gaining fat.

this thread in invalid since I quit the the goal and I have a new goal if you look at my sig you will see where i am at now.

mods feel free to lock this thread.
    Goal: Survival, fight my illness, gain weight

From the ADMIN of boxiingforum:

[QUOTE=SugarShane;223502] I respect the hell out of what you're doing man. You obviously have passion for the sport. Good luck with everything bro. Props dude.
    -Shane[/QUOTE]

salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) salim992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This