spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with adding to a basic stack

Let me first say I'm in the Navy and currently on a deployment, so while I understand the importance of diet, I get very little choice in what and when I eat. That said;

I'm 23, 6'1" and about 165-170lbs. I'm not looking to get huge, just gain some decent size, maybe about 15-20 lbs of muscle, and tone. I have been working out for the last month and while I have increased my strength and my muscles are firmer and fuller, I haven't really gained any size yet. I know it's still early though.

Currently all I'm taking is Whey Protein, Mono Creatine, and a multi-vitamin. I am thinking of adding some universal products to increase results. Heres what I'm thinking;

Pre
    Animal Pump
    Animal Stak/M-stak

I'm not sure which stak would be better, or if I should just use the pump for now and wait until I get back and can eat better to take a stak.

Now should I stick with the regular protein throughout the day or should I buy a weight gainer since I can't eat enough real food. I'm worried that it will just make me fat around my mid section. Would bars be any better than powders?

Then I would take the creatine on off days.

I know this is a lot of questions, so any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Britkojordan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your just looking for a basic stack you dont need the pump or staks. Stick to whey, multi, creatine, fish oil and maybe a protein blend such as nitrocore 24.
    71~33~34

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by spaded View Post
    Let me first say I'm in the Navy and currently on a deployment, so while I understand the importance of diet, I get very little choice in what and when I eat. That said;

I'm 23, 6'1" and about 165-170lbs. I'm not looking to get huge, just gain some decent size, maybe about 15-20 lbs of muscle, and tone. I have been working out for the last month and while I have increased my strength and my muscles are firmer and fuller, I haven't really gained any size yet. I know it's still early though.

Currently all I'm taking is Whey Protein, Mono Creatine, and a multi-vitamin. I am thinking of adding some universal products to increase results. Heres what I'm thinking;

Pre
    Animal Pump
    Animal Stak/M-stak

I'm not sure which stak would be better, or if I should just use the pump for now and wait until I get back and can eat better to take a stak.

Now should I stick with the regular protein throughout the day or should I buy a weight gainer since I can't eat enough real food. I'm worried that it will just make me fat around my mid section. Would bars be any better than powders?

Then I would take the creatine on off days.

I know this is a lot of questions, so any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    well, considering that nutrition is key while on m-stak, we can pro'lly rule out that option.

perhaps consider a stak/torrent combination?

pump is solid, but if space/financial conservation is key, you have the bulk mono... though pump is much more.

if you can manage a 1:1 ratio of grams of protein to pounds of bodyweight minimum, i don't see the need in investing in a weightgainer, though a 1.5:1 would be necessary for growth.

having said that... stak/torrent/pump in addition to your whey/gainer would elicit some great gains, provided your making the most of your diet.

i should also ask how long you've been training for... that answer could very well make my post moot.
    Last edited by _Smitty_; 07-23-2008 at 07:06 AM.

spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I have only been training for about a month now, and I understand that it is still early. My expectations aren't unrealistic, I'm just looking to improve me results. Now that I know I'm committed I can invest a little more into supplements. I'm pretty much just banking right now on deployment so I don't mind spending money, and space isn't and issue for me either.

It sounds like Stak/Pump/Torrent is what I'm gonna go with. How safe is the Animal Stak? Are there any side effects I show know about?

So basically weighing 170lbs I need to get 170 grams of protein a day? I'm lucky if I see 50 grams from my daily food intake. That means Im gonna need about 4 shakes a day. That is going to be hard, I might have to order some bars too.

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by spaded View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I have only been training for about a month now, and I understand that it is still early. My expectations aren't unrealistic, I'm just looking to improve me results. Now that I know I'm committed I can invest a little more into supplements. I'm pretty much just banking right now on deployment so I don't mind spending money, and space isn't and issue for me either.

It sounds like Stak/Pump/Torrent is what I'm gonna go with. How safe is the Animal Stak? Are there any side effects I show know about?

So basically weighing 170lbs I need to get 170 grams of protein a day? I'm lucky if I see 50 grams from my daily food intake. That means Im gonna need about 4 shakes a day. That is going to be hard, I might have to order some bars too.
    if you've only been training for a month or so, just stick with the basics that you seem to already have. you're going to experience what're called 'newbie gains'... you're going to pack on mass as long as your training protocol and diet are in check; that's basically a guarantee!!!

so, my strong advice would be to hold off on something like an animal stack until you've exhausted those gains.

taking in your bodyweight in grams of protein is sufficient for maintenance, but not so much for gain.

with that, save your money on the animal products (for now) and invest in plenty of protein products and some fish oil (give animal omega a look).

Ok so maybe I will just add Torrent and some high calorie protein bars for now.

The thinking man chadpeppersleb's Avatar
    chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50) chadpeppersleb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make sure you are eating about 5 meals a day. Make sure you do not skip breakfast. I am on deployment as well and if I do not have anything to do the next day I will wake up and eat breakfast then go back to sleep. Make sure you are consistent. I would just stick to natural bodybuilding for about 2 months then begin using Creatine/Whey Protein. I would definitly invest in a multivitamin/b complex/fish oil.

...1 lb at a time goodinsidevoice's Avatar
    goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goodinsidevoice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    well, considering that nutrition is key while on m-stak, we can pro'lly rule out that option.

perhaps consider a stak/torrent combination?

pump is solid, but if space/financial conservation is key, you have the bulk mono... though pump is much more.

if you can manage a 1:1 ratio of grams of protein to pounds of bodyweight minimum, i don't see the need in investing in a weightgainer, though a 1.5:1 would be necessary for growth.

having said that... stak/torrent/pump in addition to your whey/gainer would elicit some great gains, provided your making the most of your diet.

i should also ask how long you've been training for... that answer could very well make my post moot.
    good advice smitty.
    ---Cutting---