JJI87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training Advice for my Girlfriend

Hey ladies. I feel pretty odd posting here, but I figured that this would be the best place to ask. So thank you in advance for your help.

My girlfriend of 4 years wants to get back in the gym. She's been dieting for about 3 weeks so far and doing cardio every day and so far she has lost 7.5 lbs. Yay girlfriend.

She has been eating great, lots of green veggies, proteins, low carbs. Chicken, whole wheat, etc.
    (She cannot eat almonds or peanut butter because she is allergic to nuts!)

Anyways, she would like to lose probably another 15 lbs. Her ideal weight is 140, and she weighs 154.5 now. She would also like to get toned, not jacked, but toned.. I could give her a routine, but, here's the clincher...
    She's physically limited to somethings.

The weight gain started 2 years ago after she got in a freak accident and seriously injured her ankle. She tore all 3 ligaments and her achilles tendon. She was not able to walk for 4 months and could not do physical activity (gym) for about a year.
    So she wants to get down to 140, her weight before the injury.

She can't run because it really hurts her ankle, so she does the eliptical. What exercises would you ladies recommend for her to do to get toned without hurting herself?

All help is appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Current Supps.
    Chlorodrol-50, ON Gold Standard Cassein and Whey Protein, BSN Cellmass, Animal Pak, Cycle Support

Check out my current log on Chlorodrol-50 : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109225731

Oh, also. I said she weighs 154.5...seems like a lot for a girl who is 5'5, but she really does not look that big. I guess she "hides" her weight well.
    her:
    http://photos-d.ak.********.com/phot...54843_1043.jpg
    http://photos-a.ak.********.com/phot...203448_930.jpg
    Current Supps.
    Chlorodrol-50, ON Gold Standard Cassein and Whey Protein, BSN Cellmass, Animal Pak, Cycle Support

Check out my current log on Chlorodrol-50 : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109225731

sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your girlfriend is beautiful!

As for the foot injury, she can just keep going with the elliptical. Keep the diet on track. If she is able to do the bike, then that is a good option as well. Swimming is an excellent weight-bearing activity. My 50 year old mother (who has a metal hip joint) does swimming!

As for the toning, she cannot get jacked. That is not physically possible for women without the use of drugs. Women who "borderline" between toned & jacked are women who eat clean 100% of the time and work out for hours and hours each day. Very few have that dedication.

Just do any other regular exercise routine (bench, dips, etc). She may want to consult a physiotherapist for lower body exercises. I can imagine a lunge might be painful.
    Last edited by sacha2; 07-23-2008 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typo

Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000)
    You look pretty lean, get her to train and do exactly the same thing you do (less the exercises she can't do because of her ankle).

Originally Posted by JJI87 View Post
    Hey ladies. I feel pretty odd posting here, but I figured that this would be the best place to ask. So thank you in advance for your help.

My girlfriend of 4 years wants to get back in the gym. She's been dieting for about 3 weeks so far and doing cardio every day and so far she has lost 7.5 lbs. Yay girlfriend.

She has been eating great, lots of green veggies, proteins, low carbs. Chicken, whole wheat, etc.
    (She cannot eat almonds or peanut butter because she is allergic to nuts!)

Anyways, she would like to lose probably another 15 lbs. Her ideal weight is 140, and she weighs 154.5 now. She would also like to get toned, not jacked, but toned.. I could give her a routine, but, here's the clincher...
    She's physically limited to somethings.

The weight gain started 2 years ago after she got in a freak accident and seriously injured her ankle. She tore all 3 ligaments and her achilles tendon. She was not able to walk for 4 months and could not do physical activity (gym) for about a year.
    So she wants to get down to 140, her weight before the injury.

She can't run because it really hurts her ankle, so she does the eliptical. What exercises would you ladies recommend for her to do to get toned without hurting herself?

All help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by sacha2 View Post

As for the foot injury, she can just keep going with the elliptical. Keep the diet on track. If she is able to do the bike, then that is a good option as well. Swimming is an excellent weight-bearing activity. My 50 year old mother (who has a metal hip joint) does swimming!

As for the toning, she cannot get jacked. That is not physically possible for women without the use of drugs. Women who "borderline" between toned & jacked are women who eat clean 100% of the time and work out for hours and hours each day. Very few have that dedication.

Just do any other regular exercise routine (bench, dips, etc). She may want to consult a physiotherapist for lower body exercises. I can imagine a lunge might be painful.
    thanks, she's gorgeous...i'm absolutely crazy about her.

Besides cardio, what exercises do you recommend for her?
    Current Supps.

Originally Posted by Twerp View Post
    You look pretty lean, get her to train and do exactly the same thing you do (less the exercises she can't do because of her ankle).
    i'm naturally lean...i'm actually trying to get bigger...haha.
    Current Supps.

Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000) Twerp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Even still, there's a misconception that women should do a different workout than men, chauvanist pigs that we are If you want to get her involved in a workout, get her to workout with you. She can tweak her workouts and diets later to suit different goals, but for right now she'd benefit fine from training with you.

Originally Posted by Twerp View Post
    Even still, there's a misconception that women should do a different workout than men, chauvanist pigs that we are If you want to get her involved in a workout, get her to workout with you. She can tweak her workouts and diets later to suit different goals, but for right now she'd benefit fine from training with you.
    so you're telling me she should bench, deadlift, squat, all that ****??

she just wants to tone up..
    Current Supps.

Yeah, I'm telling you she should bench, deadlift, squat and all that ****. Adding muscle will increase her metabolism, first of all - but bulking vs. toning is more a function of diet than it is a function of training....

sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    so you're telling me she should bench, deadlift, squat, all that ****??

she just wants to tone up..
    Yes.

Us "slim, tone" females do those things. We do crossfit too.

3lb pink dumbbells are for our grandmothers. And even my grandmother will outgrow that.

Yes.

Us "slim, tone" females do those things. We do crossfit too.

3lb pink dumbbells are for our grandmothers. And even my grandmother will outgrow that.
    i don't really know much about female routines...but apparently there isn't much of a difference.

thanks for your help everyone.
    Current Supps.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We do the same things you guys do. There is NO difference. Keep repeating that. Oh and that women won't get bulky

Registered User WANNAGETHEALTHY's Avatar
    WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She should be able to do all the seated workouts, bench press, seated dumb
    bell workouts. She will do fine.
    I MAY BE FAT BUT MY FAT IS GOING TO BE HARD!!!

Registered User WANNAGETHEALTHY's Avatar
    WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WANNAGETHEALTHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats might be a bit painful.
    I MAY BE FAT BUT MY FAT IS GOING TO BE HARD!!!

Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

lie
    db shoulder press : can get the 115s up
    db bench: 125 x 10 x 4.
    bulking to 200 even if it kills me.

Originally Posted by Whiteheart View Post
    lie
    bro, or should i say, little man...is napoleon syndrome kicking in? no need to be a dick. i think my girl's a ten.
    Current Supps.

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lie
    WTF???

She's beautiful!

Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Whiteheart is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bro, or should i say, little man...is napoleon syndrome kicking in? no need to be a dick. i think my girl's a ten.
    Im bigger than you and outlift you so shut the **** up you ugly vagina.

icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100) icklyd is not very well liked. (-100)
    She is very beautiful. I do think she may have dense fast twitch muscle fiber from the photo (lucky!) But if she stays in a range of 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps she should tone rather than build bulk. Resistance should be what she feels she is maxing out at 12-15. Water aerobics would be a good addition to cardio. I have a client that was paralyzed for appox 6 mo.s she has benefited greatly from aqua aerobics. Also, I have her doing squats, plies, lunges- w/ the ball, (she still has little feeling in her feet and has balance issues) Place ball against wall positioned in lower back and squat, lunge etc there. Add dumbells when comfortable w/ form. I'm thinking this will alleviate some of the pressure on her ankle while keeping her balance.

LOL. you're 5'4. once again. you're 5'4. quit trolling...you seem to get on everyones nerves here.
    Current Supps.

purplepancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

No need to act your shoe size here!!! Talk about a insult......For someone with a picture that looks like it was taken from a dark batman movie and have nothing positive to say........... i would keep quiet...............

You get the honourary head shaker award!!
    intensity and tenacity is
    Everything!!!

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She is beautiful and like the others have said, she can pretty much do any exercises that you do except the one's that would bother her ankle. She may want to keep her ankle wrapped just in case with the cardio so that she doesn't injure herself.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by purplepancho View Post
    No need to act your shoe size here!!! Talk about a insult......For someone with a picture that looks like it was taken from a dark batman movie and have nothing positive to say........... i would keep quiet...............

You get the honourary head shaker award!!
    YUR GAY.

Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Open Palm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SORRY WOMEN FOR POLLUTING YOUR SECTION WITH TESTOSTERONE FUELED BULL **** .

Question: I'm in the same spot as the OP, but my girl does not have any physical limitations, she's just never worked out seriously before. I have a good solid routine and am very knowledgable, should I just apply my training to her for the most part? And how many calories should a 5'2", 130lb girl consume to get down to 110-115?
    Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.