megansss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tall people & pull up/chin up bars

So my boyfriend and I are trying to set up a small workout room in our house. We really want a chin up/pull up bar but, we are (mostly him though lol) are worried about his height...He is 6'9 and the tallest free standing chin up/pull up bars that we have found are 7 feet tall (his reach is about 8 feet) and we are sure he is too large to use one that you attach to a door frame...So my question is...

For you tall guys...What do you use? What has worked best and for the best price? And please post links if you can thanks!

P.S. he weighs 308 lbs and is 6'9 (just in case you forgot haha!)

EDIT: Should have put this in workout equipment..Sorry I'm new!!
    Last edited by megansss; 07-23-2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
    Guys, I am here just for bodybuilding/getting into shape and chatting for that purpose only. I am a friendly person and will talk to anyone but, please do not mistake that for me being interested in you. I am NOT single and NOT a cheater.

shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500) shay14 is not very helpful. (-500)
    jeeze , wow strong height difference, lol im tall but not that tall yet

SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SJ2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im 6'3 and do pull ups on a standard doorframe bar, just means you have to bend your legs and hold them off the ground

jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doubt that'd work for him. I'm only 6'2" and with my knees bent they are just barely off the ground using a doorframe bar. Maybe try the 7 foot one with knees bent?
    -You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't.

-There are no reps; only failure

clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100) clusternakker is not very well liked. (-100)
    I used to use the beams in my garage, about 8ft floor to ceiling. Alas, you need beams and a garage.

du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) du3ce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whatever u do, do not venture into the misc section

Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greg1975 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by du3ce View Post
    Best advice here.

In all seriousness tho, like the guy above said, there are pullup bars designed to be attached to the 2"x6" floor joists on the ceilings of most basements and garages. I ended up getting this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UAXMR8.

I'm 6'4" and it works great for me.

If your SO is 6'9", none of the popular 'door bars' will work. That's frickin' tall...his knees will touch the floor.

The only other option I can think of is a wall mount type. Where you drill into the studs of your wall through the drywall and mount it that way. These type of bars are pretty expensive though.
    Last edited by Greg1975; 07-23-2008 at 09:24 AM.

megansss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by du3ce View Post
    Lol and what does this have to do with my question? I'm not sure what you mean..But, I will take your advice although I am curious now lol.

Ok great and thanks for the advice! I really appreciate the help guys
    Guys, I am here just for bodybuilding/getting into shape and chatting for that purpose only. I am a friendly person and will talk to anyone but, please do not mistake that for me being interested in you. I am NOT single and NOT a cheater.

AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlabamaXMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by megansss View Post
    So my boyfriend and I are trying to set up a small workout room in our house. We really want a chin up/pull up bar but, we are (mostly him though lol) are worried about his height...He is 6'9 and the tallest free standing chin up/pull up bars that we have found are 7 feet tall (his reach is about 8 feet) and we are sure he is too large to use one that you attach to a door frame...So my question is...

For you tall guys...What do you use? What has worked best and for the best price? And please post links if you can thanks!

P.S. he weighs 308 lbs and is 6'9 (just in case you forgot haha!)

EDIT: Should have put this in workout equipment..Sorry I'm new!!
    Put it on blocks... It works for trailers where I am from.