Thread: sunchips?

Registered User BecomeLegendary's Avatar
    BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10)

sunchips?

18 grams of whole grains out of 19 grams of carbs per serving (15 chips). Only 140 calories with 6 grams of fat, only 1.5 being saturated. Also two grams of fiber and two of protein. The first ingredient listed, however, is whole corn, isn't whole corn still a quick digesting carbohydrate? What is your opinion on these chips?
    "Everybody pities the weak, jealousy-- you have to earn." --Arnold Schwarzenegger

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They are chips, never a good idea IMO. Go for some soy crisps or some pork rinds if you want something better
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    They are chips, never a good idea IMO. Go for some soy crisps or some pork rinds if you want something better
    I don't see how those are any better.. soy crisps are disgusting and pork rinds are terrible for you. Eat the sunchips if you like them, just don't binge, obviously.
    ceno ergo sum

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i eat em, they taste good
    180lb
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 545

jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are more important things when it comes to weight loss, staying fit, and health than a few sun chips. I say eat the chips. I saw a show on how they made them and all the ingredients are pretty legit.

txtenista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i read somewhere on a list of bad foods from aol that sunchips weren't all that and they were to be avoided or limited in extreme's. even though they dont have any transfats or whatever, they have lots of calories...i always thought they were healthful as well...but you know what they say...can't have too much of a good thing, right?

blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Get.Born.Again View Post
    I don't see how those are any better.. soy crisps are disgusting and pork rinds are terrible for you. Eat the sunchips if you like them, just don't binge, obviously.
    If one is doing keto then pork rinds are perfect foods - no carbs, high in fat and decent protein.

Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000) Xhale12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chips are fine as is ice cream, chocolate, and whatever the hell else you want to eat. Why cant people understand this. Just fit it into your daily caloric goals.
    I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do this I keep on doing. (Romans 7:15,17-19)

*90 hour workweek crew*

GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by blastdoors View Post
    If one is doing keto then pork rinds are perfect foods - no carbs, high in fat and decent protein.
    Even on keto I'd avoid them.. if you look on the back of the bag it says "not a significant source of protein" no matter how many grams it contains. Some brands even list 0. I don't believe it's a complete/useable form of protein.
    ceno ergo sum

BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10) BecomeLegendary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I actually wasn't even planning on eating them, its just that my roomates left a bag by my computer that I woke up to this morning, so I wondered what you guys thought about them.
    "Everybody pities the weak, jealousy-- you have to earn." --Arnold Schwarzenegger

jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdominic6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by txtenista View Post
    i read somewhere on a list of bad foods from aol that sunchips weren't all that and they were to be avoided or limited in extreme's. even though they dont have any transfats or whatever, they have lots of calories...i always thought they were healthful as well...but you know what they say...can't have too much of a good thing, right?
    Heh, you read that on AOL, that should be a red flag right there. Sun chips are not bad in moderation. Just work them in with your meal/nutrient timing and total calories per day and they are fine. There are MANY worse foods than sun chips. If you are truely giving it all you have in the gym, you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/83751.html

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blastdoors View Post
    Except for the horrible taste.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Get.Born.Again View Post
    I find soy crisps to be delicious! One small bag of the apple cinnamon flavored chips that I find in my local grocery store is only 140 calories and very tasty!

Bosatsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bosatsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pork Skins are amazing! I use them as a chip for my tuna salad when on keto. I mean, knowing that they are not good for you, really high sodium and fried, they're still ok to supplement your food with in order to get it down, because i have an extremely hard time just eating tuna salad by itself.
    "Bite more than you can chew, then chew it."

"Hard work will always beat talent when talent refuses to work hard."

Current Supps
    --------------
    E/C stack
    Xtend
    Body Fortress Whey(don't hate, i'm broke)

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    the only problem with chips is that they usually come in a huge bag. and a lot of the time contain MSG, so it's hard to stop. chips are my kryptonite.
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    <3 MSG. Over in China put it in everything. Best condiment ever.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SHIFT_Pump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sun chips taste great... however I rarely pick them up with my subway. 12" sub and a diet soda and I'm good to go.

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ibballard View Post
    <3 MSG. Over in China put it in everything. Best condiment ever.
    lol, MSG + chinese food buffet = heart burn + deliciousness + fatty mcfat fat

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brrcats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Honestly, I love sunchips, garden salsa is one of the best flavors ever. I make to work it into my dietary intake though. But man, its a great little snack.

Originally Posted by kamjah View Post
    lol, MSG + chinese food buffet = heart burn + deliciousness + fatty mcfat fat
    I've never had any issues with MSG. I wouldn't recommend eating the vast majority of the crap on chinese buffets, but if you get some REAL Chinese food, I guarantee they'll throw some MSG in there and it will still be healthy. MSG won't make you fat, and as far as I know doesn't have any other big health issues either.

blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000) blastdoors is just really nice. (+1000)
    Except for the horrible taste.
    LOL, I'm not the biggest fan of the regular kind, but some places here have a flavored kind, I think it's BBQ, damn tasty. Makes a nice snack and a change of pace.

I've never had any issues with MSG. I wouldn't recommend eating the vast majority of the crap on chinese buffets, but if you get some REAL Chinese food, I guarantee they'll throw some MSG in there and it will still be healthy. MSG won't make you fat, and as far as I know doesn't have any other big health issues either.
    oh i know, lol. i wasn't implying that MSG makes you fat. but the way it enhances the flavor in fried and salty chinese food goodness makes it hard not to binge.

back to my originial question. Is whole corn still fast digesting?