top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50) top_5_percent will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Make or break your day with food and exercise?

Do any of you ever feel like the overall result of your day like the way you look back on it and think "that was a great day" revolves mainly around your diet and training you did that day. I know I do.

I feel on top of the world if I have stuck to plan with everything and I feel like curling up in a ball if I have cheated (and I mean big cheats)

It's always been my number one goal to get an amazing fit body way over anything else. Some people want to save up for a house, some people want to get married, some people want to travel. Personally, I really don't care for those things right now. Until I have achieved what I set out to this is what I want to focus on. Of course, I am passing all my classes at school but I def have times where I should be studying but instead am training.

I really do hold it higher than my education and paying things off on time. I find myself revolving my school timetable around times that I want to be at the gym. I can't be at the dinner table with the family if its not my time to eat cos it tempts me too much. I refuse to go out with friends because I have to train. I think people are being rude when they try and stuff junk in my face.

Anyway mainly just a rant....... just wanted to find out if anyone else felt like alot of their happiness comes from diet and training.
    I have complete control over my body. What I eat and what I do reflect that. Nobody can stop my progress. I will continue my progress until my goals are met. Then from there I will need to achieve new goals to keep the forward progression of my mind, body, and soul. I motivate myself every day to work out, eat healthy, and live my life to the fullest.

Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All the time.

I don't know if it's much better than when my mood for the entire day was based on if I weighed less that morning than the previous day or not.

valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ahh geez, I do this a lot! I mean pretty much NOTHING gets in the way of my gym time. I don't bring crappy food in the house-not really b/c it will tempt me(maybe a little)but no one NEEDS this food. My mood is definitely affected by how well I'm eating/working out. My kids think I'm a little nuts when I'm weighing a 1/2 oz of feta cheese but oh well. We could be living our life in the Mcdonalds drive-thru-yuck!

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My eating/fitness has a HUGE impact on my life and how I feel! One of the top priorities in my life is my gym time. It's my "me time" and I'd much rather go to the gym than get my hair done or nails...etc.

It does annoy me when my family (mainly my MOM) tries to shove donuts in my face (my coworkers are guilty of this too...no joke ) It's just not worth it to have a minute of guilty pleasure to feel like crap 2 hours from then and sabotage everything good I've done that day
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) cleanfreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Totally get it. If I don't have a good workout, or if something happens and God forbid I miss one, I am CRABBY. And right now I am miserable because I went on a crash diet last month thinking I was going to lose all of this fat, and it went horribly wrong and I GAINED weight and I am three steps behind where I was!

If my nutrition gets messed up or my gym time is disturbed, my whole day is off. I don't even go to lunch with people because I have a workout! People think I am overboard with it but I am healthy, I just enjoy working out.

sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sparky141978 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think many on this board have the same thought process, too bad we don't all live on an island. I click with people I meet who are like me, but feel like an alien sometimes with many. My life revolves around my eating/gym time. I think about my next meal and will I be able to eat what I want when I want. Sometimes it's exhausting b/c my family/friends do not feel the same way and they think I'm "obsessed" so my mother in law says. Coming from the band-wagon diet junkie. I get irritated that my husband orders fries and a burger at dinner while I eat my spinach salad... however, I am learning, although slowly, to each his own and what works for me and tastes good to me does not for most. That is why we have this website!

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me it's definately exercise! If I don't get some form of exercise in at least 5 days/week...I'm irritable, feel crappy and just blaaaaaa! However, if I have a little something "unclean" like a piece of fried chix or a few slices of deli meat...doesn't make me feel bad at all (as long as I worked out hard that day!) I've learned to not beat myself up over the little things as I'd rather throw in an extra workout to be able to eat the foods I crave occasionally.
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

MACA makes you lift heavier than ever and hornier than a beast...I LOVE MACA!

DESCRIMINATION S*CKS...BUT FABULOUSNESS TRUMPS ALL!

JAWS22 is my BF...yeah...ya heard it right!
    Thanks BB.COM!

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't get too down about the cheats (I don't do them often enough or bad enough to have it blow my day), but my day is definitely made by my workouts and diets. The days I am spot on with both are my best days. I also find that everything else in my life is better on those days, too (kids don't act up, work goes somewhat smoothly).
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jennarae86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i often get the crabby feeling as well if i miss more than a day of working out due to vacay or some rare occurance happening :/ and the second i go back i feel Amazing! i attribute it to the high/endorphins your body releases from working out and another crabbyness factor is just breaking the routine youve set up, well if you have a set sched for the gym. but i definately think a lot of people can relate

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've gotten much better with the food. I allow myself some kind of treat almost every day, that way I never have the urge to binge. And since I have a long history with both restricting and binging and purging, I'm proud that I've learned moderation and that eating certain foods won't make me blow up like a balloon. It's no longer "all or nothing" for me.

Exercise, on the other hand, is another story. I'm obsessed with it and I fully admit to that. I feel I have to do something every day, otherwise I become panicky and depressed. I'll look on the calender a full month ahead of time in order to plan some of the exercise. I have to work it around my husband's work schedule so I plan out a lot. I'll be doing a workout and while doing that workout, I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do next. And if I miss a workout, I get really moody, anxious, and depressed. But when I've had a good workout, it makes me feel accomplished and much better about myself. I'm in a much better mood. So exercise definitely will make or break my day.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Registered User litlfalafelgirl's Avatar
    litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh man! i was just thinking about the whole "nothing f-s with my training schedule!" i'm starting grad school full time in the fall and still working full time and moving from 5 min away from my trainer to about 45 min away so i'm closer to school. i keep thinking, ack! when am i going to get my training/rock climbing in!!! they are what keeps me sane when life is crazy and it will clearly get crazy shortly.

dishyxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dishyxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my diet and level of fitness has always been on my mind. ever since i decided to care. when i cheat, it's because i make up excuses for myself, then i sit around and hate the decisions i've made. i keep telling myself i'll do better, but i'm always waiting for myself to go back on my word.

at this very point in my life, my goal is to finally get there. i'm keeping my diet clean and i'm pushing myself in the gym. i'm going to prove once and for all that i can commit and i will commit. and the payoff will be great.

JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JVo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can totally relate to this.

Sometimes I worry that I am a little too focused on this. For instance, I tend to get overly obsessive about eating every 3 (or at most 4) hours. If I'm in a meeting and it's been 3 hours and I don't have my food with me, that makes me anxious. Or if I can't sleep at night, I think about whether I'm going to be able to make it to the gym the next day (and the anxiety, of course, makes it less likely that I'll get back to sleep). My diet and exercise regimen are a must, and I rarely let anything get in the way of those.

Sometimes I think that I should be more focused on my career development and that sort of thing, like others seem to be. And I wonder if my manager hears me continually talking about diet and sees my bottles of creatine and glutamine on my desk, and recognizes where my priorities are.

I have actually gotten more relaxed since I'm no longer doing a major cut. Now that I'm mainly just trying to maintain what I have/build muscle gradually, I'm at least slightly less neurotic.

do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250) do1more has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It seems to be a universal theme. Humans are obsessive/compulsive by nature. When you stick to your diet and exercise plan your body rewards you (usually ) - so when you jump off you naturally feel guilty- and usually your body backs you up by feeling like crap too!

At least that is my theory behind why my life habits have changed so much. Family members do sometimes accuse me of being "obsessed" as well. They feel resentful that I feel better - go figure???? And sometimes do their darndest to sabatodge my efforts.

As a result, I try to not talk about diet, exercise, or even criticise anyone elses choices either.

Truly sometimes I feel like i need to chew my tongue off!
    Everything Changes

K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel exactly the same way...and I also find myself making my school schedule work for times when I need to be training! I just registered for my classes a few weeks ago, and made sure I started late enough in the day so I can train before class, or have long enough breaks between classes to go to the gym.

valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    I feel exactly the same way...and I also find myself making my school schedule work for times when I need to be training! I just registered for my classes a few weeks ago, and made sure I started late enough in the day so I can train before class, or have long enough breaks between classes to go to the gym.
    Ha ha, I just did the exact same thing!