Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Sol_krym View Post
    *Scary enough to lead your countries troops apparently:

I think I'll take the words of the top brass over a keyboard warrior, thanks.
    Ask the Canadian top brass how many Canadian men come to join the US armed forces, and why? I seem to meet them all the time among my other buddies in the services.

Registered User Run_From_Sharkz's Avatar
    Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Run_From_Sharkz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This was in a ****ing Book.

Endwar.

Awsome book.

ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ripper6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PUDfumes View Post
    I don't think that the US is going to stop supporting Canada anytime soon. I'm sure if there was a conflict we would step in.
    In one sense you are right. If there was a showdown with Russia the US would likely send in its own fleet and play "chicken" with the Russian ships. If a terrorist cell in Canada managed to capture and behead your government leaders, the US would likely send in help there, too.

Will the US keep paying for all the free protection that Canada gets? That is another question, and I think there is good cause for American citizens who are paying for the defence of Canada, both in money and men, to tell them its loooong past due to stop being an arrogant parasite and to pay for themselves.

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ripper6 View Post
    to tell them its loooong past due to stop being an arrogant parasite and to pay for themselves.
    Oh the irony. You can use the word parasite the moment your entire country stops licking it's lips to get at more of our natural recourses. As for the arrogant part, well.. I think all one needs to do is just read a single one of your posts to find out who's arrogant.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You aren't waging a war with Russia, yet. If fact Canada won't, it can't. That is my point. Most Canadians don't think it worth fighting under any circumstances. Canada will just give Russia what it wants, or cry to the US to help against the big mean Russians in the negotiations.

You owe your life to your parents. You owe your national security to the US, and consequently possibly your life and your parents' lives. Ask your folks if they know what the cold war was, and who Joseph Stalin was, etc.. Ask your grandparents what Canada would have done if Hitler had taken England and Canada was put under Nazi occupation?
    So, judging by past events you could theoretically owe your life directly to me. My great grandfather bought a dock buoy off a sea merchant named Rick, my great grandfather found no use for it so he tossed it off his boat. Coincidentally, 2 months later your grandfather fell off his ship and almost drowned, but luckily the buoy that my grandfather placed there saved your grandfathers life, hence you owe me your life.
    Last edited by OatsandSteak; 07-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    I'll FIX your PHONE son MAN.

Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ask the Canadian top brass how many Canadian men come to join the US armed forces, and why? I seem to meet them all the time among my other buddies in the services.
    LMAO I love how you totally didn't address anything in my post about our generals being trusted to lead tens of thousands of your soldiers in Iraq.

Brb strawmaning my way through the thread. Continue whining about Canada btw.

EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are right, Canada needs to pull its weight, and it isn't and hasn't. It should not just be relative to its population and GDP, it should be relative to the required strength to repel a likely adversary.

Canada needs to arm itself to the level that is needed. It needs to think about itself as a real country with a real military, not be parasitical on the US.

Oil money doesn't automatically equal money for the military. BUT tell your politicians to write a bill that would!! That's called government! Is Alberta going to threaten to seceede from Canada the way Quebec did?
    If all countries in NATO pull their own weight than we can repel any aggressor. Canada cannot arm itself to repel Russia (or the US). We are simply too small. That is why we are in NATO. That isn't being parasitical. That is being in an alliance.

The federal government cannot simply write a law making oil revenues theirs. The constitution gives natural resource revenues to the provinces. To change that 7 provinces with 50% of the population would have to agree and that is not going to happen.

I'ld like to see Canadian defense spending go from 18 to around 30 billion. That would give it roughly the same spending per capita as Australia.

Originally Posted by Sol_krym View Post
    LMAO I love how you totally didn't address anything in my post about our generals being trusted to lead tens of thousands of your soldiers in Iraq.

Brb strawmaning my way through the thread. Continue whining about Canada btw.
    Why should I change the subject because you bring up some tangential subject. The subject is not whether Canada has some competent military leaders. The issue is whether Canada can defend itself.

Ask those same Canadian generals if Canada can defend itself without the United States?

Ask them if Canada is paying enough for its own military, or if it is actually a parasitical relationship with the United States?

Ask them if the Canadian politicians, media, and public, are supportive enough of the Canadian military and if they are supportive enough of the US military?

That is the subject matter of this thread, not whether a Canadian general can manage well in a supportive roll at Fort Hood.

OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We can take em.

Originally Posted by EDC View Post
    If all countries in NATO pull their own weight than we can repel any aggressor. Canada cannot arm itself to repel Russia (or the US). We are simply too small. That is why we are in NATO. That isn't being parasitical. That is being in an alliance.

The federal government cannot simply write a law making oil revenues theirs. The constitution gives natural resource revenues to the provinces. To change that 7 provinces with 50% of the population would have to agree and that is not going to happen.

I'ld like to see Canadian defense spending go from 18 to around 30 billion. That would give it roughly the same spending per capita as Australia.
    I know the federal government simply can't write a law, but the people of Canada can move them to do it.

Why won't at least 50% of the Canadian population vote to agree on a revenue plan that would be FAIR and sensible? Why won't Canadians pay their fair share? Why do they prefer to be parasites and denigrate their host/protector?

Australia has 20 million people and spends $20 billion for its own defense (again, the protection of US fleets and air force, and intelligence services they too are getting free) So, by that measure the 33 million Canadians should be spending at least $33 billion on its defense - double the present.

So, at the minimum Canada should be reimbursing the United States at least $16 Billion dollars a year. Now add up how many years this unpaid bill has been accumulating. Maybe Canada should give Alberta to the US to pay for what is owed for back pay?

Even if Canada raised its military spending to $33 billion, that wouldn't even come close to what it would need to protect itself and offer a meaningful military force in a defense alliance like NATO. The US spends $583 billion a year.

We can give Australia double the praise over Canada for paying its way, and for its support of the US in general. Canada falls far short, for shame.
    Last edited by ripper6; 07-23-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Originally Posted by OatsandSteak View Post
    We can take em.
    Good. Have you volunteered to do it? Are you joining the navy or army?

To defend against the Russians?

To defend against the Russians?
    Oh, I know you wouldn't do that. You would put a stick in your white pillowcase and wave that vigorously if the Russians ever said BOOOO to you.

Oh, I know you wouldn't do that. You would put a stick in your white pillowcase and wave that vigorously if the Russians ever said BOOOO to you.
    So we aren't wagin' wars with the Russians? This thread is confuzzling

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We can take on the Russians

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

No. And you won't be. Just stick to hockey and let others determine your national fate.

No. And you won't be. Just stick to hockey and let others determine your national fate.
    I can't wait for the season to begin, we just signed Demitra. He will be a great addition to the Sedin line. What is your favorite team?

Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why should I change the subject because you bring up some tangential subject. The subject is not whether Canada has some competent military leaders. The issue is whether Canada can defend itself.

Ask those same Canadian generals if Canada can defend itself without the United States?

Ask them if Canada is paying enough for its own military, or if it is actually a parasitical relationship with the United States?

Ask them if the Canadian politicians, media, and public, are supportive enough of the Canadian military and if they are supportive enough of the US military?

That is the subject matter of this thread, not whether a Canadian general can manage well in a supportive roll at Fort Hood.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Every time I refer back to this thread I feel sadder and sadder that an individual this uneducated can exist - and apparently serve in the oh-so superior American armed forces. I am continually reading regurgitated bull****, that dances around all responses only attacking the points that a feasible argument can be composed. Yet, this "dancer" - if we'll call him - continues to call all those kettles around him black, what a pot. My friend, OP (BTW the third person pisses me off), you need to address the issues developed. What you don't need to do is: define your own issue, have it addressed, then ignore those responses, only to again redefine your issue. What you've said has been disproven several times, or argued against with valid responses providing much more logic than you could imagine posting. However; whenever such a response is made, you simply move onto the next post to cross-examine. I know by always seeming right, or asking the question you may think you apppear intelligent, or in-tune. But to be perfectly frank... you look like a moron.

You wouldn't happen to have a history in American politics would you? You sound oh-so familiar.

Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When you started your post you asked what would Canadians due at a time of war. My answer to your question is very simple. Canada is currently in a state of war and applications to join the Canadian Military are up by 40% far from running away Canadians are running too the military and joining in record numbers.

Likewise, when we look at the troop numbers in Afghanistan Canada is near the top, behind only the U.S and the U.K. We have about the same amount of troops in Afghanistan as Germany, a country with almost triple our population. It is completely unfair for you to criticize Canada's commitment to Afghanistan based on troop levels. It is also unfair to criticize Canada for its re-evaluation time line. Particularly, given the fact that it is similar to that of the United States of America.

In one of your posts you brought up the idea of military spending per person, in it you suggested that Canadian military spending should be at about $1,000 per person in order to match Australia. My answer is that It will be, that is what the extra 490 billion dollars is for.

Also something you should take note of is the fact that Russian military spending sits at 40 billion spread over a population of 140 million people or roughly $290 per person. For Russia to match Canada's future per capita millitary spending they would need to more than triple their military funding. Even at current conditions Canada spends more per person on their military than Russia.

We all know that Canada is not a world super power and we cannot realistically expect Canada to have a military the size of a world super power. It is more than fair to criticize Canada's military funding of the 90's. It was pathetic. This has been identified as a problem and increased military spending has been made a priority and things are being done.

That being said Canada is member of NATO and an attack on one NATO member is an attack on them all. So yes Canada would expect other NATO members to come to its defense just like any other member of NATO would expect in return from Canada.

I suppose your arguement is that Canada is not pulling its fair share as a member of NATO. But to crunch the numbers the EU currently has a population of 500 million and spends about 300 billion on defense. Or about $600 per person. So I would suggest that on a per person basis Canada is working hard to meet its NATO commitments.

On another note, if there ever is conflict in the arctic the United States would be involved for its own damn defense given that it has a State up there.

In the end Canada has made military funding an increased priority and is working hard to build a stronger better equiped military. Yes if we were invaded by Russia we would expect help from NATO. After all that is why it was created. and given Canada's re-commitment to military spending it will soon be out matching the EU in military funding on a per person basis.
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey, answer the question. Are you going to volunteer for the Canadian military?

Reagan built up the US military and the Soviet Union quit.
    People like you never get it.

Russia did not collapse because Regan scared them and they gave up.

Russia collapsed under the weight of their empire. They spent all their people's money on weapons and invasions and bankrupted themselves.

See if you can find a lesson there.
    "I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies" - Thomas Jefferson

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why should anyone volunteer, theres no war with russia, theres no shortage of people. is canada even at war?

when theres a war, then people will volunteer, dont worry, we were there in ww1 and ww2, and proved ourselves then.
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drstrangepimp View Post
    People like you never get it.

Russia did not collapse because Regan scared them and they gave up.

Russia collapsed under the weight of their empire. They spent all their people's money on weapons and invasions and bankrupted themselves.

See if you can find a lesson there.

Well in a sense Russia did quit. Regan was trying to make a news arms race (remember the Star Wars defense?) and Russia knew it could not sustain another arms race like that of the moon race. Regan was a piece to the puzzle, or meerly the straw that broke the camel's back.

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If some warfare started, that would be too late. Canada needs a military now. Stop depending on the USA for your protection. Stop getting a free ride for your own defense, and pay up. Stop criticizing the US for being the "world's policeman" when you KNOW that if the Russians threaten Canada, Canada will dial 911 to the USA for help.

BTW: You think we believe that you would volunteer if war did break out? If Canada did go to war with Russia we all know we would have a flood of able-bodied young men running south across the border to hide in the US. Admit it.
    are you really this stupid?

are you saying I should put my life on hold just to say I joined the military? that makes no sense, I dont have time to just drop whatever Im doing and go away to bootcamp just "in case" there is a war. Im a full time university student, Im not putting my education on hold just "in case" theres a war

when there is, then yes, its my duty to serve, and I will, draft or no draft

do you think canada isnt a proud nation? you think no one would volunteer? youre just giving your opinion and treating it like fact based on canada having a smaller military and therefore people must not want to support their country
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drstrangepimp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Well in a sense Russia did quit. Regan was trying to make a news arms race (remember the Star Wars defense?) and Russia knew it could not sustain another arms race like that of the moon race. Regan was a piece to the puzzle, or meerly the straw that broke the camel's back.
    We were able to outlast them due to our ability to run massive deficits and export our inflation, unfortunately we can not outlast ourselves and the same thing is happening to us.

Every empire folds the exact same way and they were no different.

If they were smart they would have not bothered building any more weapons and waited for us to run ourselves into the ground.
    "I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies" - Thomas Jefferson

bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bergenopzoom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2 HUGE View Post
    why should anyone volunteer, theres no war with russia, theres no shortage of people. is canada even at war?

when theres a war, then people will volunteer, dont worry, we were there in ww1 and ww2, and proved ourselves then.
    Critical point. Another thing I tire of hearing is how influencial the Americans were in these warts. When history clearly shows how important Canada truly was to these victories, regardless of American action.

Originally Posted by Whingman View Post
    When you started your post you asked what would Canadians due at a time of war. My answer to your question is very simple. Canada is currently in a state of war and applications to join the Canadian Military are up by 40% far from running away Canadians are running too the military and joining in record numbers.

Likewise, when we look at the troop numbers in Afghanistan Canada is near the top, behind only the U.S and the U.K. We have about the same amount of troops in Afghanistan as Germany, a country with almost triple our population. It is completely unfair for you to criticize Canada's commitment to Afghanistan based on troop levels. It is also unfair to criticize Canada for its re-evaluation time line. Particularly, given the fact that it is similar to that of the United States of America.

In one of your posts you brought up the idea of military spending per person, in it you suggested that Canadian military spending should be at about $1,000 per person in order to match Australia. My answer is that It will be, that is what the extra 490 billion dollars is for.

Also something you should take note of is the fact that Russian military spending sits at 40 billion spread over a population of 140 million people or roughly $290 per person. For Russia to match Canada's future per capita millitary spending they would need to more than triple their military funding. Even at current conditions Canada spends more per person on their military than Russia.

We all know that Canada is not a world super power and we cannot realistically expect Canada to have a military the size of a world super power. It is more than fair to criticize Canada's military funding of the 90's. It was pathetic. This has been identified as a problem and increased military spending has been made a priority and things are being done.

That being said Canada is member of NATO and an attack on one NATO member is an attack on them all. So yes Canada would expect other NATO members to come to its defense just like any other member of NATO would expect in return from Canada.

I suppose your arguement is that Canada is not pulling its fair share as a member of NATO. But to crunch the numbers the EU currently has a population of 500 million and spends about 300 billion on defense. Or about $600 per person. So I would suggest that on a per person basis Canada is working hard to meet its NATO commitments.

On another note, if there ever is conflict in the arctic the United States would be involved for its own damn defense given that it has a State up there.

In the end Canada has made military funding an increased priority and is working hard to build a stronger better equiped military. Yes if we were invaded by Russia we would expect help from NATO. After all that is why it was created. and given Canada's re-commitment to military spending it will soon be out matching the EU in military funding on a per person basis.

It is good to see that recruitment is up in Canada, and I congratulate those guys that have joined. But, recruitment has to get much higher, and Canada has to have a credible military force.

Sorry, but you are wrong about the place of Canada among the NATO forces in Afghanistan. I just pulled the figures from the web, as of today. Canada is not at the top behind the US and UK. Canada is very much in the middle and behind the NETHERLANDS. Again, all the guys serving there are appreciated, but Canada has to catch up. This is particularly true as NATO is not winning there. The Taliban/Al-Qaeda, etc.. have a well-supplied haven in Pakistan, and even Obama is saying there "might" be a need to invade Pakistan.

I feel bad for the NATO troops, some who I know personally, who are there and are undermanned and unable to take the real fight to where the enemy is. Casualties are piling up and the call to jihad has gone out to the muslim world to join the fight, and even "Canadian" muslims are showing up to fight against NATO.

United States, 12,000
    Britain, 5,200
    Germany, 2,750
    Netherlands, 2,100
    Canada, 1,800
    Italy, 1,800
    France, 1,000
    Romania, 750
    Spain, 625
    Turkey, 475
    Norway, 350

Australia is now paying about $1000 per person for national defense (double that of Canada). Canada might be saying that it "plans" to up the military budget, but doubling it to meet Australias level is what is needed, and Australia has already been doing it. Again, Canada needs to step up, not just say it will, when it hasn't for decades.

The US is spending close to $2000 per person for national defense. The price a country has to pay is what it NEEDS not just get into a dollar-for-dollar matching game. Even the US needs to increase its defense spending.

Comparing Canada's military outlay/forces to the members of the EU is very poor. EVERYONE knows that the EU is incapable of defending itself or mustering enough forces to keep order in Europe itself. It has been utterly dependent on the US, and it is far short of paying what is needed in money and men for its defense. Even the mess in Kosovo they couldn't handle. The US had to go to Europe and resolve it by force.

Yes, the US has interests in the Arctic, too, and yes the US would likely send its fleet in to Canada's aid. BUT understand that Americans have their limits and that the sense of closeness and cooperation between the citizens of Canada and the US has eroded. Canada (media, academia, politicians, and a part of the general public) denigrates the United States and distances itself from the US, while at the same time not paying and manning its own military, while getting windfall profits out of oil.

Hearing Canadians mock the US military, while the US is at war, hearing Canadians mock the decline of the US dollar, mock the US health system, while at the same time sucking billions of dollars in over-priced oil money from the US, and not paying for its own defense, doesn't go unnoticed. Having known terrorists within Canada who use it as a staging ground, doesn't go unnoticed either. At some point, particularly with the economic and military strains the US is in at the moment, the US is finding out who its real friends are and that will be remembered.

The military of the US and Canada are very close, but there is a noticeable cooling off of fondness between the countries in general. That will eventually work its way through the political stream, and when Canada needs help the US might just say: "let's think about that for a while, what has Canada done for us lately?"

EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know the federal government simply can't write a law, but the people of Canada can move them to do it.

Why won't at least 50% of the Canadian population vote to agree on a revenue plan that would be FAIR and sensible? Why won't Canadians pay their fair share? Why do they prefer to be parasites and denigrate their host/protector?

Australia has 20 million people and spends $20 billion for its own defense (again, the protection of US fleets and air force, and intelligence services they too are getting free) So, by that measure the 33 million Canadians should be spending at least $33 billion on its defense - double the present.

So, at the minimum Canada should be reimbursing the United States at least $16 Billion dollars a year. Now add up how many years this unpaid bill has been accumulating. Maybe Canada should give Alberta to the US to pay for what is owed for back pay?

Even if Canada raised its military spending to $33 billion, that wouldn't even come close to what it would need to protect itself and offer a meaningful military force in a defense alliance like NATO. The US spends $583 billion a year.

We can give Australia double the praise over Canada for paying its way, and for its support of the US in general. Canada falls far short, for shame.
    It isn't just 50% of the population. You need 7 provincial governments whose provinces add up to more than 50% of the population. The provinces will never give up a revenue source so the oil=money for defence is a complete non starter.

33$ would give Canada the tenth largest defence budget. Not bad for a country world's tenth largest economy and 35th largest population. In your mind what should Canada be spending?

Here is some advise. Ever notice how Americans have a bad reputation in a lot of countries? That isn't because people hate your freedom. It is because people like you go around telling people how great the US is and how much the world owes you. I admit that Canada should be doing more and you come up with "you should pay us back for years of defending you". wtf? It isn't like the US got nothing out of our relationship or that we demanded the US increase its defence spending. If the US presented a bill to all of the countries it has helped defend what do you think the response would be?

HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) HatesFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why would we need to up the military spending? Even if we pumped a ton of money into the military, we couldn't fight a war with Russia (or the US) alone. Useless exercise IMO. Making sure our current forces are well-equipped when they go to CURRENT commitments is a whole other matter though.

Yes, we're right here for you or Russia to take over as you please, but you haven't. Or even Denmark and Norway who are ALSO part of the squabble over the arctic. Why aren't they out there with there rattling their sabers or talking about it. Hmm.. let me see... the countries with the higher standards of living (Norway, Denmark, Canada) are actually NOT making stupid moves or talking about them... striking correlation wouldn't you say?

Why doesn't anyone invade the mainland? We have tons of oil in Alberta, minerals and water just about everywhere. Why doesn't the US do so themselves?

The answer: because the civilized world is PAST high-noon shootouts and rapier duels for honor in the courtyard. You're talking hundreds of years ago. Everything doesn't involve a ****ing gun anymore. Grow up.

Russia is recovering from its communist past, kinda like a big, burly cousin recovering from a battle with meth-addiction. Every once in a while they're gonna do something stupid. Some of it is going to be tolerable and diffusable without resorting to physical force.

I'll be the first to say the the threat of physical force is the final safegaurd against those who would do you harm, but nations in single combat are a thing of the past.

And anyway.. Canada is doing just fine thanks.

Originally Posted by EDC View Post
    It isn't just 50% of the population. You need 7 provincial governments whose provinces add up to more than 50% of the population. The provinces will never give up a revenue source so the oil=money for defence is a complete non starter.

33$ would give Canada the tenth largest defence budget. Not bad for a country world's tenth largest economy and 35th largest population. In your mind what should Canada be spending?

Here is some advise. Ever notice how Americans have a bad reputation in a lot of countries? That isn't because people hate your freedom. It is because people like you go around telling people how great the US is and how much the world owes you. I admit that Canada should be doing more and you come up with "you should pay us back for years of defending you". wtf? It isn't like the US got nothing out of our relationship or that we demanded the US increase its defence spending. If the US presented a bill to all of the countries it has helped defend what do you think the response would be?

Provincial this, federal that, yada yada yada. Whatever your constitutional process is, DO IT. Canada NEEDS defense, and Canada NEEDS to pay for its defense. So, DO IT! Stop with the alibis. Tell your fellow Canadians to have the itegrity to do what needs to be done.

Canada ISN'T spending $33 billion, it is spending half that. To come up to the relative level of Australia's defense outlay Canada needs to double its military budget. Canada needs to spend what it would take for a CREDIBLE military defense. It isn't. A country needs to pay for what is necessary. Should Churchill have caved to Hitler because it would have cost too much to defend England?

The US is protecting Canada, just as it has been doing for most of the last century. That is getting old, particularly with Canada bragging about how much oil revenue is coming in and how nice their health care is and how terrible the US military and foreign policy is, etc., etc., etc.. Well, a part or that foreign policy has been to defend Canada!

I have been to Europe twice, to Canada and Mexico. I never did, nor had to, say the US was great and how much the world owed it. - It doesn't have to be said.

Hey, rent the movie "Cinderella Man" (BTW, a true story, one of the best movies in a generation, and Crowe said it is the best roll he ever acted). Notice the character of the man, notice what that man of character does, finally, at the welfare office. Canadians should take a lesson from that man. Let me know what you have to say after you've watched it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cinderella-Man.../dp/B000ARTN3I