Profish2285 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push ups throughout the week

Hey everyone, right now Im on a 5 day split, but I would like to be able to work my chest more often. I feel like hitting it only once a week really isnt enough. Would I be able to randomly add some sets of push ups throughout the week to help with this, or would I be doing too much at that point?
    If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It might help a bit at the beginning, and with endurance purposes. However, you'll need progression in terms of poundage lifted VERY soon.

I reserve pushups for days when I'm out of town, or on vacation.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That will probably depend on how seasoned and strong you are and how fast you recovery. If you can execute lots of pushups fresh and relatively easy and have been working out of a long time, you will probably only see endurance gains if that. That is if you do it as a stand alone exercise. But if you are just starting out it should give you some nice gains for awhile.

Profish2285 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems like the consensus is that I am probably not going to gain much by doing push ups randomly in addition to my normal work out. So, should I consider then adding a second chest day to my work out? As far as how long I have been working out, it has only been since around mid March.
    If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell.

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do pushups quite often. I will admit I just recently came back to working out after a long time off but I just like doing pushups period. I do them on off days and even some workout days. You can add weight to them by getting a vest or something too. Just my 2 cents of course. Good luck.
    Have you done something today to take yourself to the next level?

Always thinking of making $$ crew

Help Others. Be Humble. Life is Great.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    It might help a bit at the beginning, and with endurance purposes. However, you'll need progression in terms of poundage lifted VERY soon.

I reserve pushups for days when I'm out of town, or on vacation.
    I also use them... both as a warm up and a finishing exercise on chest day.