UDontNoMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much should i charge for private personal training in a studio

I am starting out not new to working out and have many years of experience by way of gym hours and working as an assistant trainer for one of my ex-pro football players turned Master trainer. I am wondering what would be a good rate to charge per session or per month of sessions. I live just outside of Syracuse NY in a well developed complex with expansions going up within one mile of my house. Any suggestions?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UDontNoMe View Post
    I am starting out not new to working out and have many years of experience by way of gym hours and working as an assistant trainer for one of my ex-pro football players turned Master trainer. I am wondering what would be a good rate to charge per session or per month of sessions. I live just outside of Syracuse NY in a well developed complex with expansions going up within one mile of my house. Any suggestions?
    This is a good question to which I unfortunately don't have an answer to. I would do a little research and see what the going rate at the nearest commercial gym would be. You could even find out what some of the nearby private trainers charge. Whatever it is, I'd go slightly lower. You don't want to go too low since you don't want to devalue yourself but since you're starting out, offering at a competitive price is a good way to get the ball rolling. The othr advantage you have is that most of your potential clients wouldnt have to travel outside of their gated community or whatever it is.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    This is a good question to which I unfortunately don't have an answer to. I would do a little research and see what the going rate at the nearest commercial gym would be. You could even find out what some of the nearby private trainers charge. Whatever it is, I'd go slightly lower. You don't want to go too low since you don't want to devalue yourself but since you're starting out, offering at a competitive price is a good way to get the ball rolling. The othr advantage you have is that most of your potential clients wouldnt have to travel outside of their gated community or whatever it is.

NO! Never do this!

If you want to be seen as the premier trainer, make sure you are the most expensive in your area. You are a private studio, not a big commercial gym so people should pay for this exclusiveness. People looking for serious results are going to go to the person who their perceive as the best trainer around and chances are it will be the most expensive.

If you try and undercut people, people will always be there to undercut YOU. Thats going to give you more headaches and worries than you need.

You just need to be able to sell/promote yourself well and show people that the service you provide is worth even more than the cost they are paying (which is true)

my 2c

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    NO! Never do this!

If you want to be seen as the premier trainer, make sure you are the most expensive in your area. You are a private studio, not a big commercial gym so people should pay for this exclusiveness. People looking for serious results are going to go to the person who their perceive as the best trainer around and chances are it will be the most expensive.

If you try and undercut people, people will always be there to undercut YOU. Thats going to give you more headaches and worries than you need.

You just need to be able to sell/promote yourself well and show people that the service you provide is worth even more than the cost they are paying (which is true)

my 2c
    Ah, good point. Since money probably isn't an issue with the people near his studio I do think you're right about being too cheap. Most wealthy people would rather pay more to get the best than save a few bucks and get subpar.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Never accept less than you are worth.

I'm on Long Island and a typical rate is $50-80 per session with $60-65 being most common. In NYC, $80-120 is typical and even higher if the trainer is highly skilled.

Also, if you're training fitness professionals, celebrities or the well-heeled, you can charge more, especially if you will travel to them or be more available to them...
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldschoolifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    NO! Never do this!

my 2c
    Great post! Years ago when I was in sales, the people I gave the cut rate deals too were always the least satisfied after the sale. In comparison, the people I almost felt bad because I made so much off them were my best customers.
    They would send me referral after referral. Some people perceive that it must be better just because it cost more.
    And there is some truth to that, if everyone is willing to pay more, there must be a reason.