Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hottsauce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my ego is stronger then my body rawr

kris-carney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very similar to the articles on the site, But i like how you wrote it out with more insight and gave information that was easier to digest.

Reps!

jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Awersom

Originally Posted by VirusTi View Post
    awesome
    Awesome

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad you folks like it. I'm regularly Writing articles for my gym so i'll post them here.

poedell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poedell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post but I think this one belongs into it aswell :
    Your looking to much, many people want results to fast or have to high expectations. If it's easy you're not doing it right ! just wanted to add that
    if you want it bad enough, you can go beyond what your body is capable of.
    that's what i learned in the gym, that's why I came here and why i'm comming back here
    NO-limit.

Registered User NastyNateTheGr8's Avatar
    NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    big ups on 3, 4 and 7.

in reference to 3:

training is easy. you just have to train consistently hard and diversify on your routine. so long as you adhere to a certain threshold of set and rep volume and diversify your exercises, you're going to see results.

not so fast.

your diet can neutralize the effects of your training, even the training itself. I'm pushing 30 years old. I'm 20 lbs lighter than I was when I was 22 or 23 and already lifting for a solid 4 or 5 years. Now I'm stronger and have more cardiovascular stamina than ever. I don't have the most impressive physique around but I'm pretty proud of myself considering I was no slouch in my early 20s. I thought I was tough shxt when I put up 330 at that age. Now I'm leg pressing over a thousand pounds for reps/sets. I couldn't even do that a year ago. My joints hurt so bad I swore I had an auto-immune disease. I strongly believe it was my strict adherence to a scientifically sound and diabolically well targeted nutritional (and supplementation) regimen that has me feeling stronger, more energetic, all around healthier and more focused than I've ever been. The progress I've made is evidence of the power of nutrition.

in reference to 4:

you just can't say enough about diversity. the body is smart about adapting and thus neutralizing your training alterations. you can run but you can't hide from it. complacency and stagnation are a bodybuilders worst enemies.

in reference to 7:

of course you've got to want it. that will make you train harder but in my humble opinion, nutrition has more influence over your training intensity than any other part of the bodybuilding and fitness lifestyle. proper nutrition gives you the capacity for intense workouts of a short duration. you can either do 15 sets in a hour or 30 sets in 40 minutes and still be reluctant to walk out the gym door, ultimately doing so only because your better judgement wins the day.

tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10) tenreps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Very Good Post!especially The Last Part About Lifting W/good Form.i See A Lot Of Young Guys In The Gym Who Try To Lift More Then They Should,and Get Nowhere.and Yes At Least 2 Days A Week Rest!=======lift Heavy W/good Form.

EMONEYMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post!!

Registered User christinathomas's Avatar
    christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10) christinathomas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This was a good read!

NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great article

deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    8. You're weightlifting with your ego, not your brain.
    Ever notice that the biggest guys in the gym or those with the best muscle tone don't lift the heaviest weights? That?s because they lift smart and target the right muscles. In general, most people who lift weights do so with the intention of improving their lean muscle mass. Unfortunately, it is an all too frequent occurrence that people let their ego get in the way and get caught up in worrying more about the amount of weight they are lifting rather than the technique they use. When lifting with bad technique you usually bring other muscles into the movement which then takes all the stress of the desired muscles. For example, if someone is doing a bicep curl with too much weight, they will usually swing their upper body and bring the shoulders into the movement. This means that the muscles in the back and the deltoids (shoulder muscles) are doing a lot of the work rather than the biceps.

This. Wish everyone had to read this before doing any form of training.

quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100)

brand sms

brand sms, sms marketing, brand marketing, tin nhan di dong, quang cao tin nhan, tiep thi tin nhan di dong, tin nhan di dong, sms mobifone, sms vinaphone, sms viettel, sms vienammobil, sms 3g, sms 4g
    Xem chi tiet: brandsmsmarketing.com

Registered User XXXDoomsayerXXX's Avatar
    XXXDoomsayerXXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have to improve....
    Now I know....

romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent thread.

frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankstomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome post. Love the first point just because it allows an individual to have a clear goal on what they want to achieve and then after that they have something to workout rather than complaining and giving up because they don't have something to look forward

mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastodon19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Awesome 8 reasons
    Never ever believe in haters, find out the truth by yourself and you will know how things really are. I'm thankfull to them. I have learned a lot this way.

cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100) cyilmassive3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank you so much for the well define workout at the gym... You have reminded me how important to keep a record of the numbers of exercise you have done and also have the right diet....

Registered User dallasthegreat1's Avatar
    dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dallasthegreat1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thats the truth! I need to eat healthier!

taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorbakerjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dallasthegreat1 View Post
    Thats the truth! I need to eat healthier!
    Absolutely great article, the truth hurts but accepting it and moving forward is a great start to a new life.
    Bench: 255. Squat: 415. Dead lift: 365. .Rep me and I will rep back. A champion is not defined by how hard he can hit, but by how hard he can be hit and keep moving forward:~ Rocky

MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Love this article

MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10) MurdocIsGod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No but seriously I'm gonna use this advice next workout... Which WOULD be today but my mate can't be bothered (**** sake) so tomorrow it is...

thatslifeeee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatslifeeee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatslifeeee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thatslifeeee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This mgiht sound ridiculous but can drinking too much coffee hinder muscle growth?

Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    4. You're doing the same workout you were doing 2 months ago
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result- It?s an old adage that's been beaten to death but is still relevant. You may not realise it but our bodies are smart and lazy machines. If you do the same exercises repeatedly, the body will find the most efficient way of completing them. This is bad news because it means when our bodies become more efficient it will be harder to lose weight or gain muscle, strength, and cardiovascular fitness. Keep your body guessing by starting a new program or even doing your program in the opposite order. If you do 30mins on the treadmill, do 25mins at a higher speed or use a different machine altogether!
    Wow, people believed in "muscle confusion" back in 2008 lol...
    *mid-20s and find the misc generally boring/immature now crew*
    *natty because too scared crew*
    *300 Spartan Crew*
    *UK Crew*
    *gh15 crew (the original gh15 not the fake one)*
    http://i.imgur.com/4x0LSXR.jpg

Crazy dreams on ZMA: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238401

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This article is for the members at the gym I PT

8 REASONS YOU'RE NOT SEEING RESULTS AT THE GYM
    By Julian Gaylor, Fitness Consultant

If you are finding that you are not getting the results that you would like, maybe it's due to one (or more) of the reasons below.

1. You don't have a specific goal
    We all go to the gym for a reason. Common reasons include 'To lose weight', 'To get fitter/stronger' or 'To build more muscle'. If you are serious about getting results, these goals are not specific enough. Give yourself a deadline. For example, if your aim is to change your body weight, make it specific by saying 'I want to gain/lose 5 kgs in the next 6 weeks'.

2. You don't keep a training journal
    A training journal is your roadmap to results. If you don't keep one, you don't know where you're going or how fast you are getting there. A training journal can be a program sheet written up by a trainer or your own gym diary. You need to fill this out every session. Write down what exercises you did, how many sets, reps and the weight lifted. For cardio sessions, depending on the machine you use, write down the time, speed, distance, incline or resistance. Because you are documenting your sessions, you know exactly what you have done in each workout and therefore, can try and improve each session.

3. You undo all your good work by not eating well
    So many people sweat it out in the gym and give it their all but then go and sabotage themselves by eating badly. The most common problem is with those trying lose weight. If you come to the gym and work hard, but then leave the gym only to continue on with your poor diet, sure the exercise might help a little but if you are still making poor nutritional choices and eating WAY too much, chances are your weight will stay the same or even continue to rise! The worst part is, not only do some people not change their diet, but because they are working so hard in the gym they feel the need to reward themselves with a little treat in the form of fast food, chocolate, cake, alcohol etc. Chances are this little treat is a calorie bomb which has more calories than they actually burn in the gym (possibly in the whole week!) which more than counteracts all the hard work they do in the gym.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result- It?s an old adage that's been beaten to death but is still relevant. You may not realise it but our bodies are smart and lazy machines. If you do the same exercises repeatedly, the body will find the most efficient way of completing them. This is bad news because it means when our bodies become more efficient it will be harder to lose weight or gain muscle, strength, and cardiovascular fitness. Keep your body guessing by starting a new program or even doing your program in the opposite order. If you do 30mins on the treadmill, do 25mins at a higher speed or use a different machine altogether!

5. You are not consistent with your training
    It?s not about what you do SOME of the time, it?s what you do MOST of the time. Missing a rare session here and there is ok but when you start to miss sessions every week, you are seriously hindering your ability to make progress. Let?s do some quick math here- There's twenty-four hours in a day, yes? Ok, so if there?s seven days in a week that's a total of one hundred and sixty-eight hours. Still following? Good. Doing three- one hour session a week is a whopping 1.78% of your whole week. Is that too much to spare?

6. You?re exercising too much
    Here?s the opposite of #5 They say too much of a good thing can be bad for you. Exercise is no different. Training too hard, too often can actually hinder your ability to make progress. When training in the gym, you put your body under a lot of stress (good stress). When weightlifting you actually damage your muscles and make micro-tears in them. When you are resting, the muscles repair and rebuild bigger and stronger so in actual fact, you don't get bigger and stronger in the gym, you get bigger and stronger when you are resting. This means if you don't rest enough, you don't give your muscles enough time to repair and recover which leaves you prone to injury and can make you smaller and weaker! Even when you train different body parts each day, it still taxes your body as a whole so it still needs time to recover.

The same can be said for cardio training. When putting in a hard cardio session, it taxes your whole body. Among other things, your immune system becomes suppressed as all your bodies resources are trying to help you recover from the intense exercise. This really isn't a big problem as your body returns to its normal state after time but if you continually put your body under intense stress and don't allow for sufficient recovery time, you will gradually run yourself into the ground and exercise will become less productive and less enjoyable! I even take a whole week off from training every 8- 12 weeks. I actually find i come back more motivated and stronger as I've let my body fuller rest and recover!

7. You're not pushing yourself hard enough
    As with everything in life, if you want to truly succeed you need to get out of your comfort zone. It's no different in the gym. If you want to see results, you must challenge your body and give it a reason to change! Now with that said, I don't want you to train so hard that you are at the point of literal exhaustion. That's just dangerous and actually has adverse effects on your body. With that said, chances are when you think you are working your hardest, you are actually nowhere near your maximum potential. The reason you think you couldn't possibly put anymore effort in is because you?ve never tried to! Next time you are exercising, put the treadmill up an extra 0.5km/h or go for another 30 seconds. When weight training and you think you're done try squeezing another one or two reps out. Dig deep! You might surprise yourself.

Ever notice that the biggest guys in the gym or those with the best muscle tone don't lift the heaviest weights? That?s because they lift smart and target the right muscles. In general, most people who lift weights do so with the intention of improving their lean muscle mass. Unfortunately, it is an all too frequent occurrence that people let their ego get in the way and get caught up in worrying more about the amount of weight they are lifting rather than the technique they use. When lifting with bad technique you usually bring other muscles into the movement which then takes all the stress of the desired muscles. For example, if someone is doing a bicep curl with too much weight, they will usually swing their upper body and bring the shoulders into the movement. This means that the muscles in the back and the deltoids (shoulder muscles) are doing a lot of the work rather than the biceps.

You'll get better results lifting a lighter weight with good form that really targets the desired muscles than a heavier weight with bad form. Remember- it's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift!

-By Julian Gaylor
    repped great post!
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hrmm the site won't let me rep you for some reason....mail me to remind me and as soon as they fix the button on your page I'll rep you.
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

Semagt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This article is for the members at the gym I PT

8 REASONS YOU'RE NOT SEEING RESULTS AT THE GYM
    By Julian Gaylor, Fitness Consultant

If you are finding that you are not getting the results that you would like, maybe it's due to one (or more) of the reasons below.

very helpful thanks

1. You don't have a specific goal
    We all go to the gym for a reason. Common reasons include 'To lose weight', 'To get fitter/stronger' or 'To build more muscle'. If you are serious about getting results, these goals are not specific enough. Give yourself a deadline. For example, if your aim is to change your body weight, make it specific by saying 'I want to gain/lose 5 kgs in the next 6 weeks'.

2. You don't keep a training journal
    A training journal is your roadmap to results. If you don't keep one, you don't know where you're going or how fast you are getting there. A training journal can be a program sheet written up by a trainer or your own gym diary. You need to fill this out every session. Write down what exercises you did, how many sets, reps and the weight lifted. For cardio sessions, depending on the machine you use, write down the time, speed, distance, incline or resistance. Because you are documenting your sessions, you know exactly what you have done in each workout and therefore, can try and improve each session.

3. You undo all your good work by not eating well
    So many people sweat it out in the gym and give it their all but then go and sabotage themselves by eating badly. The most common problem is with those trying lose weight. If you come to the gym and work hard, but then leave the gym only to continue on with your poor diet, sure the exercise might help a little but if you are still making poor nutritional choices and eating WAY too much, chances are your weight will stay the same or even continue to rise! The worst part is, not only do some people not change their diet, but because they are working so hard in the gym they feel the need to reward themselves with a little treat in the form of fast food, chocolate, cake, alcohol etc. Chances are this little treat is a calorie bomb which has more calories than they actually burn in the gym (possibly in the whole week!) which more than counteracts all the hard work they do in the gym.

5. You are not consistent with your training
    It?s not about what you do SOME of the time, it?s what you do MOST of the time. Missing a rare session here and there is ok but when you start to miss sessions every week, you are seriously hindering your ability to make progress. Let?s do some quick math here- There's twenty-four hours in a day, yes? Ok, so if there?s seven days in a week that's a total of one hundred and sixty-eight hours. Still following? Good. Doing three- one hour session a week is a whopping 1.78% of your whole week. Is that too much to spare?

6. You?re exercising too much
    Here?s the opposite of #5 They say too much of a good thing can be bad for you. Exercise is no different. Training too hard, too often can actually hinder your ability to make progress. When training in the gym, you put your body under a lot of stress (good stress). When weightlifting you actually damage your muscles and make micro-tears in them. When you are resting, the muscles repair and rebuild bigger and stronger so in actual fact, you don't get bigger and stronger in the gym, you get bigger and stronger when you are resting. This means if you don't rest enough, you don't give your muscles enough time to repair and recover which leaves you prone to injury and can make you smaller and weaker! Even when you train different body parts each day, it still taxes your body as a whole so it still needs time to recover.

The same can be said for cardio training. When putting in a hard cardio session, it taxes your whole body. Among other things, your immune system becomes suppressed as all your bodies resources are trying to help you recover from the intense exercise. This really isn't a big problem as your body returns to its normal state after time but if you continually put your body under intense stress and don't allow for sufficient recovery time, you will gradually run yourself into the ground and exercise will become less productive and less enjoyable! I even take a whole week off from training every 8- 12 weeks. I actually find i come back more motivated and stronger as I've let my body fuller rest and recover!

7. You're not pushing yourself hard enough
    As with everything in life, if you want to truly succeed you need to get out of your comfort zone. It's no different in the gym. If you want to see results, you must challenge your body and give it a reason to change! Now with that said, I don't want you to train so hard that you are at the point of literal exhaustion. That's just dangerous and actually has adverse effects on your body. With that said, chances are when you think you are working your hardest, you are actually nowhere near your maximum potential. The reason you think you couldn't possibly put anymore effort in is because you?ve never tried to! Next time you are exercising, put the treadmill up an extra 0.5km/h or go for another 30 seconds. When weight training and you think you're done try squeezing another one or two reps out. Dig deep! You might surprise yourself.

You'll get better result a lighter weight with good form that really targets the desired muscles than a heavier weight with bad form. Remember- it's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift!

-By Julian Gaylor
    very helpfup

MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excellent Post!

xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMiiDNIGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EMONEYMAN View Post
    great post!!
    Well done you brought back a thread from 4 years ago, that has to be a new record

navigatorjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent Post and very Imformative
    Keep Pushing Motivator!!! -KRAKEN

Speed Kills..... But Strength Punishes!!!!

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I didn't see anything about not getting enough sleep. That's an issue with me. Irradic work schedule and I'm a terrible insominac. I rarely get more than 5hrs a night, then I'll crash out on my day off and sleep 12+hrs. Anytime it's a good time to go to bed, my mind races and I find lots of crap to do even though I may be dog tired.